Unknown Civil War Officer?????

danon5

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 01:07 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Hallo, Walter!! Wie geht es Ihnen? Ich bin jeden Tag Ihnen die beste Gesundheit wünschend und Glück.

Danke zu der Information. Sie können, die Italiener sind. Sie sieht jetzt wie ein auf Ihrem Foto aus. Sie haben Methoden, sie Blick gut zu bilden.

Also, like the interaction with the site. You are certainly one of the best historians on the ether-net. Thanks for the input.

danon5

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 01:27 pm
@danon5,
Ionus. Just finished reading one of your posts where you mentioned a "glass photo" ???? What the heck do you refer to? The period photos which were oval in an oval frame and the glass was 'rounded' over the picture were printed on paper!!! I have several of them in my attic - photos "on paper" of my ancestors in "oval" frames with "rounded glass" over the "paper" photo. I can say that the detail of each picture I have is extremely good and sharp.
Is this photo of the "soldier??" yours??? If so give us a sharp and detailed image of the insignia on the hat...........
To me - it looks like it may fit the image of the insignia that Walter showed us on the hats of the Italian soldiers.

All we need is a clearer image of the hat insignia --- Period.

Thanks.

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 01:30 pm
@danon5,
Thanks, danon Wink
hamburgboy

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 01:49 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
don't know if anyone has checked the wiki page for bersaglieri - certainly some very fancy hats

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bersaglieri

you may also want to check youtube for more modern bersaglieri hats - and action video clips of their bands .

that name sure is a tongue twister
danon5

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 01:57 pm
@hamburgboy,
Hi hbg!! Yep, the sound of the name sounds like something cooked in an oven using hot wood coals to heat the inside........ hehehehe

Nice site --------- Thanks.

0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 06:14 pm
@danon5,
Quote:
Just finished reading one of your posts where you mentioned a "glass photo" ???? What the heck do you refer to?
Early photography was on glass negatives.
Ionus

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 06:28 pm
@Setanta,
Were you toilet trained with a chainsaw ? Your academic qualifications are what ? sixth grade ? How do you manage to fit **** into every post ? Twice in this one...clever.

Quote:
I know of no Army of New Mexico.

army n. , pl. , -mies . A large body of people organized and trained for land warfare.
Quote:
the troops from Texas which operated in New Mexico
You dont know about what you write ?

Quote:
I know of no instance when Texans so commonly wore a star on the collar that it could be said to be an ordinary distinguishing mark.
Texans had unofficial stars all over their uniforms...belt buckles, cartidge pouches, hat badges, collars....esp when they were state militia.

Quote:
I consider that Joe's identification of this man as probably having been a member of the Bersaglieri is the most plausible identification to date.
And when your opinion matters to me I will take that into account....or I will simply google to find out what your opinion is and ignore you.

If the man is a Bersaglieri, and that is the closest uniform so far, then we have an immigrant family bringing the photo from europe. Not too far fetched, but the possibility of it being a local uniform are far greater. If we can find a similar uniform, and particularly if the hat badge can be identified, we will know for certain. I am reluctant to agree that it is bersaglieri because although the hat is very distinctively similar, the hat badge, which would clearly indentify the unit, doesnt look like any bersaglieri hat badge I have been able to find so far. Whereas the rest of the uniform can fit many units, the unit badge worn on the hat will clearly identify the unit.

Quote:
What military school do you allege was to be found in Texas in 1861?
How did you come up with 1861 ? Are you on medication ? I never said 1861.
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 06:32 pm
@Ionus,
I have to agree with Setanta now --- you are an awesomely useless historian --- and --- obviously, narratively and scholarly irrelevant to this discussion.

Good Night and Good Luck.

Ionus

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 06:41 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I think we have to match the pale jacket also. I dont think a proud member of a unit would accept a photo of himself in the wrong colour jacket. If it was retouched later at the request of the family, and was done incorrectly, then it could be anything.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 06:43 pm
@danon5,
When your opinion matters to me I will be devestated by such comments. In the meantime, as **** for brains would say, where do you get this **** from ?
danon5

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 06:46 pm
@Ionus,
If you could spell correctly - I may be able to correct you.
Ionus

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 06:52 pm
@danon5,
You want ot be my spell cjecker ? Sure, can you start right away ? It is a boring, monotonous task best suited for a non-creative mind.
danon5

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 07:00 pm
@Ionus,
It is obvious that you do need some help.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 07:01 pm
Danon, this is the same clown who, in another thread in which he was flinging his insults right and left, had the gall to claim that he had not started the name-calling. He never offers substantiation for what he posts, and he gets personally vicious with those who have the temerity to disagree with him. My advice is that you pay him no further attention.
danon5

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 07:19 pm
@Setanta,
Yeah, I got that Setanta. Thanks for the upper.

We have a thing down here in Texas where I live - If a person who has been warned not to come onto your property sets one foot on your property - you can kill that person and there will be no consequence to the owner of the property.

Ionus, set no foot on my property.

Setanta, this guy reminds me of another **** for brains who actually lived in - or - around Dallas, TX. I will be on the look-out with my "Sweet and Sauer" --- that's a Sig Sauer .40 cal with a bunch of solid bullets inside. After I got it my wife nicknamed it "Sweet and Sauer" - God, don't ya just love her humor.

Oh, and I looked at the rectum retards stuff - He's a religious nut!! Look out!!

Oh, well. See ya later.

Ionus

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 07:36 pm
@danon5,
Very Happy If you get anymore insecure you are going to crap your pants. Arent you tough...you shoot trespassers... because you are a texan ? Are they not made of flesh and blood ? No ? Metal alloy perhaps ? And you think your ability to take human life proves your manhood ? I have taken human life and I think it proves my inability to be human, let alone a man.

Oh, and pray i dont take you up on your offer...I have represented my country in shooting....
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 07:39 pm
@Setanta,
Damn ! You got through an entire post without the word **** ! How did you do that ? Did it hurt much ? You are not an original source and I know you think you are infallible but you have only proven yourself to be a egocentric blustering fool who knows how to google.
Setanta

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 07:44 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
You are not an original source and I know you think you are infallible but you have only proven yourself to be a egocentric blustering fool who knows how to google.

You were looking in a mirror when you wrote this, right?

The irony here is killer . . . but i'm sure it zipped right over your head.
danon5

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 07:52 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta, this has been fun - but, I think I'm going to watch TV and then take a nap.

See ya later.

Setanta

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 08:01 pm
@danon5,
Have a good time, Boss . . . say hey to all the Tejanos for me . . .
0 Replies