Turned off by wife wearing short cut dresses

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 06:20 pm
I love how these threads slowly morph from being about the original poster, to being about Ebrown's problems with everyone's responses to that person.

Cycloptichorn
ebrown p

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 06:27 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Lol ... to Cyclo's problems with Ebrown's problems with everyones responses to the person?

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 06:33 pm
@ebrown p,
What happened to the part about the Arabs? Decided that it wasn't appropriate for a response to me?

Cycloptichorn
ebrown p

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 06:36 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Do you have anything intelligent to say about the original poster, or has this thread really turned into a thread about your problems with me?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 06:38 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

Do you have anything intelligent to say about the original poster, or has this thread really turned into a thread about your problems with me?

Well I originally was making the comment in jest, but now I really want to know what happened to the part about the Arabs and what you meant by that comment. So, go ahead and tell me.

Cycloptichorn
ebrown p

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 06:38 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
LOL, I thought so.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 06:39 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

LOL, I thought so.

You thought what? I certainly didn't come into this convo with the intention of saying anything either about or to the OP.

You posted something less then appropriate and then deleted it quickly - but not before I saw. Embarrassing for you.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 08:10 pm
I'm curious what sort of clothing your wife wore when you were dating.

I'm also curious if she's had any plastic/cosmetic surgery recently.
0 Replies

DestinysDad

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 09:46 pm
Cultural or not, i am not sure i like the POS reference in an earlier post. The strip club analogy wasnt great, but what is the equivalent for men? Wearing a nice cut suit is not really an equivalent given men are more visual creatures than females. The point was about being mindful to your spouse; and that was an example of it. I guess i felt betrayed initially since i would never do something that really bothers my spouse. I know this is not the case, but felt it.

I also don't see the control issue. If you deal with someone who develops serious disorders over appearance; that is part of what is the biggest turnoff. Yes, i admitted that is my issue. I don't see the BS however since I live with it day in day out; and i don't buy that it's normal for attractive females to develop destructive behavior over their looks (although i cant disprove it).
ossobuco

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 10:35 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

First, repeat after me-- there is no lap dance. Ther was never any lap dance (if anything the comparison was to viewing erotic dancers). Nothing in this discussion has anything to do with lap dances.

Yes, it does. Short skirts/cleavage were effectively equated with lap dances as no-nos. I read correctly in the first place that he refused the lap dance.

Quote:
I think it is mostly a cultural or religious area of judgmentalism,

Doesn't each married couple come with their own agreed upon cultural and religious standards?

In an Orthodox Jewish marriage, for example, showing a bit of cleavage would be very inappropriate. Both sides in this type of marriage understand the rules going in, and that each partner would rightfully feel betrayed were these rules broken. I don't think anyone here would try to ban, or even discourage, Jewish couples who choose to live according to their culture or religion.

It makes me uncomfortable when you offer your interpretation of the customs of people without any real insight into their motivation. When you put words, like "asking for it" into a imagined persons mouth, it doesn't say anything about real people (who are always more complex and sincere and even sympathetic then the people in your imagination).

This is a matter of tolerance and diversity.

I have a lot of understanding that you presume I don't have, of the religious and cultural variation on this globe.
Now then, we have the man telling the woman how much of her body she can expose to the air at any given time. I agree clothing often has a sexual component, but a short skirt or shorts don't alway signify 'come get me'. Do you never wear shorts? Do you not have really good looking knees?

You might be right that I'm intolerant - after living long, not to use age as a bat, I am adamant that what I wear is my choice as a person.

On your starter sentence in this section, no, each married couple doesn't agree across the board about cultural and religious standards, unless they just happen to, and presuming one person isn't powered out of the discussion.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 10:45 pm
@DestinysDad,
I do see what you are getting at, DestinysDad, if your wife is really going wild into self image issues, which while being her right, and possibly a reaction from repression, may be a poor direction for her to go in. I'm not clear that this is a whole hearted dive into bulimia and sexual flaunting that she is putting on a short dress.

I do think you two are on different pages, even if she is suddenly all sorry, and ought to talk about this more.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2010 11:35 am
@DestinysDad,
DestinysDad wrote:
I also don't see the control issue.
I'll try and highlight it for you:
DestinysDad wrote:
The point was about being mindful to your spouse; and that was an example of it. I guess i felt betrayed initially since i would never do something that really bothers my spouse.
Mindful of or mindful to? There is a huge difference. "mindful to" is indicative of someone who thinks their spouse is obligated to answer to them; and about something as trivial as how she dresses is VERY controlling. Frankly, feelings of betrayal simply because she chose to wear a sexy dress is more than unattractive; it's a little scary. Not to impugn you; but that type of sentiment is something most abused women report was/is a precursor to abuse. In all likelihood; what she chooses to wear is NOT AT ALL ABOUT YOU.

DestinysDad wrote:
I also don't see the control issue. If you deal with someone who develops serious disorders over appearance; that is part of what is the biggest turnoff. Yes, i admitted that is my issue. I don't see the BS however since I live with it day in day out; and i don't buy that it's normal for attractive females to develop destructive behavior over their looks (although i cant disprove it).
You haven't mentioned any destructive behaviors. You said she exercises hard if she eats certain foods. That is actually a pretty damn good idea.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2010 01:23 pm
@DestinysDad,
As to the POS reference, that accurately expresses my impression, but it was overly harsh based on a few sentences posted on a board and I apologize.

As to the male equivalent, wearing a nicely cut suit can demonstrate physical build, taste and wealth, all of which make males attractive. You could argue that wearing a muscle shirt is an equivalent if you want. The point is that a man dressing to make himself more attractive to the opposite sex wouldn't even draw a comment. For most, niether would a woman.

My point about being mindful of your spouse is that you are comparing things that are grossly different in magnitude. IMO, your wife being upset at the potential of you getting a lap dance is not in the same category as your concern about her wearing a sexy dress. Not even close. That you feel that it is is telling IMO. Do you feel that another man potentially seeing your wife from afar as attractive is the same as a stripper wiggling on your lap?

Of course, I don't know your wife, but if she really has the serious disorders over appearance that you describe, wouldn't she be scared to death about wearing this dress in public? That she is willing to do this tells me that she is confident in her appearance and not afraid of showing her face to the world. I've known people with serious image disorders and they would never expose themselves to the ridicule of others by walking down a runway. Working hard to maintain her appearance is not a sign of "serious disorders over appearance." Maybe there is more you aren't telling us, but working out is not a "destructive behavior".
engineer

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2010 01:36 pm
@engineer,
I think that if you and your wife were at a company party and your wife was upset that you had a friendly conversation while mingling about with that woman over in accounting, that would be the same as your being upset over her dress.
0 Replies

Zboss

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 08:52 am
@ebrown p,
I agree because yesterday, my girlfriend had on this short dress that rises up sometimes and it makes me kinda worried. I try to accept the fact that she likes short dresses and skirts, but it's hard to do it. If she loves you, then she will listen to how DD feels. Unfortunately it's not turning out that way for me...
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 09:55 am
@Zboss,
So maybe you're not zee boss Laughing
0 Replies

hitmark

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 12:49 am
The relationships of marriage is very strong and can not be disturbed with such a problems. It is the only way of wearing of your wife. You should respect her idea of dressing. You may say her to dress in home as you like to be dressed.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 01:02 am
@Zboss,
Quote:
I agree because yesterday, my girlfriend had on this short dress that rises up sometimes and it makes me kinda worried
Women will say that this has nothing to do with men, a lot of time this is not true. It could be she likes the attention of men, it could be that she is looking for side action, or it could be that she WANTS to make her man uncomfortable...antagonize him a little bit.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 01:19 am
@hawkeye10,
says the petunia.
0 Replies