Sorry, this isnt going to work for me

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 04:09 pm
Im not a fan of large boards, like this, that has a lot of stuff in which im not interested in. I joined the Motorola Droid Forum because it was a small group of people who all cared about a single thing, it was very easy to navigate, and there wasnt the familiar clutter of garbage all over.

For those of you who were members of the other forum, it was nice chatting with ya. The Chief, YankeeDudL, and jstwondrng, its been nice knowing ya but im shipping off to droidforums.net
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 28 • Views: 10,937 • Replies: 90

iamthewinnar

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 04:12 pm
@GuitarGod,
Sorry to see you go. =\
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 04:12 pm
what about if I promised not to ever talk to you?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 04:14 pm
@GuitarGod,
Is it something I said?
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 04:15 pm
@GuitarGod,
Hey GuitarGod

Welcome to A2K

ahh... if you click on this link

http://able2know.org/tag/droid/

it'll just be droid talk and people asking questions about those sort of things

maybe give a go and see what you think...

if it's not for you, then, no worries...

Very Happy
GuitarGod

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 04:54 pm
@Izzie,
I know how to get to just the Droid forums, but your missing the point. Just having a Droid Forum means less people, means more interaction with individual people rather than the board as a whole, which means a smaller site, which means smaller servers, which means less ads. (which the last board had, NONE)

I dont care to see "Win a Free Touch Screen Phone!!!!!!!!"

or Ads from google

Or "Do you need new furniture?"

No
No
and No
sullyfish6

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 05:01 pm
What's a Droid anyway?
djjd62

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 05:02 pm
@sullyfish6,
a phone
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 05:07 pm
@GuitarGod,
Smile

I hear what you're saying, GuitarGod. You like things better small & subject specific. Minus the ads. But you wouldn't be happy with a small, semi-exclusive corner of A2K?

This sudden change his been a bit bewildering for some of us "oldies" here, too, ya know. Well this oldie, anyway. I'm trying to figure out why I'm suddenly posting what seem like text messages, instead of my usual, longer responses. Wink
GuitarGod

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 05:10 pm
@msolga,
"what about if I promised not to ever talk to you?"
"Is it something I said?"
"What's a Droid anyway?"

Not what I would call a "small, semi-exclusive corner" at all
mm25075

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 05:12 pm
I read from someone somewhere on this site that if you use a particular browser, you get NO ADS. Was that Firefox...?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 05:12 pm
@msolga,
i can understand having your board changed around, but don't you ever want to talk about something other than your phone

maybe exchange a recipe or two, yell at somebody who shares a different political view than yours, find out about a foreign country
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 05:14 pm
@GuitarGod,
I hear you.

I hate change. I mean, I really hate change.

I can also imagine that it's beyond painful to be part of a small group of a couple hundred one day and find yourself absorbed in a universe of... well... everyone the next day.

Don't leave.

Those of us who were here already understand your pain.

We'd feel it too if we were in your shoes.

We're trying to throw out the welcome mat on one hand and not overwhelm you one the other.

We get that...

Ok... I'll shut up now.

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 05:14 pm
@GuitarGod,
OK, I think I see, you actually want an exclusive corner then? Or an exclusive subject specific site?
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 05:15 pm
But you ARE going to have to have a sense of humor
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 05:25 pm
@GuitarGod,
Quote:
"What's a Droid anyway?"

You're offended, perhaps. You could, though, see this as part of the "getting to know you" process. Not necessary a permanent state of affairs. While all of us try & figure out what what these new folk (Droids & A2kers) are about. As I said before, this has been a very sudden change for all of us & there appears to be quite a bit of adjusting going on. I suspect the novelty will wear off & things will settle after a bit.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 05:33 pm
@GuitarGod,
GuitarGod wrote:

"What's a Droid anyway?"

Not what I would call a "small, semi-exclusive corner" at all

the first two comments are just attempts at good natured humour, a lot of are like that

the last was i believe, a legitimate question

we don't want to take over your discussions, and given time you might want to join ours, or not, up to you
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 05:44 pm
@GuitarGod,
Don't be sorry, a forum not working out for you isn't a big deal and it doesn't have to be a forever thing either. I plan to keep merging our forums into able2know though, and in the future it may be something you are interested in.

For example, I was recently in the bidding for another larger android forum that was supposed to join this one.

I understand that some may really have liked the other forum, even if it had only been open a very short time, but it was declining and it used a trademarked term in the domain. It barely got any posts a day (if at all sometimes). This place, even the Droid niche, is going to grow here as we bring new android fans.

So here's to hoping we see you sometime in the future.
farmerman

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 05:59 pm
@GuitarGod,
Imagine how I felt when I found out that theres some gizmo I had no idea even existed. (Hint:--I moved on with my life).

IF your gonna leave,dont write posts about it. You bring every one else down and MA is wondering whether its his fault. You killed Kenny, you bastard.
0 Replies

saintlewi

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 08:06 pm
@sullyfish6,
exactly the point
0 Replies