FACEBOOK usernames

puly35

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2012 10:54 am
Hey all, wondering if anyone can help out with this.

My Facebook is really messed up. Every time I click on my profile within the Facebook site, it says my page is not available. The url is www.facebook.com/pwilly and according to my account settings, my username is "pwilly"... HOWEVER...

I go to www.facebook.com/paulwillard81 and it works. But the problem is, Facebook is somehow still recognizing my account as pwilly and not as paulwillard81. I can't change it because it's all greyed out and won't let me do anything to it.

When I use the Facebook app on my iPad, it wont let me register as "pwilly" but will as paulwillard81.

Any help or thoughts would be much appreciated!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 3,055 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2012 11:32 am
@puly35,
http://www.facebook.com/help/418876994823287/
Ragman

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2012 11:32 am
@puly35,
Why not contact Facebook support? Clearly you need to delete one of the accounts that is causing the login issues.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2012 01:04 pm
Facebook, so I am told, is using some software program to go through its user names and delete those which are clearly not names.

Joe(but but but That's my name)Nation
djjd62

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2012 01:12 pm
@Joe Nation,
they're going to busy every Jocktober

Jocktober is a month-long celebration of bad radio shows that Opie and Anthony first held in October, 2008. The bit is that each day of October O&A goof on a random radio station somewhere in the country a point out how bad and all alike they are. The name is goof on "Rocktober," a hacky month long bit that awful radio stations do. It replaced E-Rocktober as O&A's Rocktober goof, which had been celebrated during October, 2007.

2011's Jocktober evolved a new feature: Within minutes of a show being featured the Pests immediately begin attacking the Facebook pages of the show with harsh things, O&A show references and disturbing pictures. These attacks have been followed on the air as they're happening and eventually most shows close their Facebooks.

With the new feature of Jocktober where the Pests take over the featured show's Facebook page, Sam noticed that the pages go through phases.

1. The show acknowledges the attack and starts removing posts.
2. The show begins blocking users from the page. (Most people have backup accounts in-case of this and begin posting again)
3. The page gets locked so nobody can post on their wall. Most of the time, they allow people to post comments on their posts, which gets attacked soon after the wall is locked.
4(can be phase 3 depending if the show closes the page before locking the wall). The show closes their Facebook page. They're usually opened back up later, but most of the time they are attacked again due to replays of the show.

i wonder if Facebook's software will realize that Opie's Diaper Mustache is not a real name (most user's trashing shows facebook pages use names derived from O&A shoe material)
izzythepush

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2012 01:40 pm
@djjd62,
I thought Jocktober was when the SNP held their annual conference.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_z5hT1P0X79c/R0XoIbgYi4I/AAAAAAAABFE/QvHB5smgAJM/s320/alexsalmondsaltire.jpg
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2012 02:00 pm
@Butrflynet,
Thank u for that; I need to study
to find out how to use it correctly.

David
0 Replies