Leadfoot

Mon 4 Jan, 2021 05:45 am
@crackedhead,
Don’t you want to see if the cat is dead or alive, Mr. Schrodinger?
izzythepush

Mon 4 Jan, 2021 06:09 am
@Leadfoot,
It’s not a real cat, Schrodinger didn’t go around locking cats up in boxes.
crackedhead

Mon 4 Jan, 2021 06:28 am
@Jasper10,
Easily the neutral, which isn't nihilism by the way. The middle is the richest.
Physically, chemically, spiritually. Go one way or the other and you will end up disappointed in the end. It's a guarantee nihilism will be a part of your life then.
crackedhead

Mon 4 Jan, 2021 06:31 am
@Leadfoot,
In the end, if you put a live cat in a box it'll come out alive. If you put a dead cat in a box it'll come out dead. It's a good thing cats can't perform experiments with our type of awareness.
Jasper10

Mon 4 Jan, 2021 06:47 am
@crackedhead,
The middle having a belief in God's promises or not?
crackedhead

Mon 4 Jan, 2021 07:00 am
@Jasper10,
What exactly is God's promise? I would like to know that. Religion obviously hasn't put forth a real life answer in 3000 or so years..

Otherwise the middle is the middle. See everything, be truly free to decide without influence. Go left, go right, or stay where you are. Remember atheism and theism is both just a theory. Real life is the only truth.
Jasper10

Mon 4 Jan, 2021 07:13 am
@crackedhead,
Well it basically says you and I have had it whereby God is concerned.He could have wiped his hands of both of us but he decided,out of LOVE ,not to. This is how I read it anyway..... in HOPE of course.
Jasper10

Mon 4 Jan, 2021 10:21 am
@Jasper10,
I totally agree with you also that one can either stay where one is or one can go to the left or the right. It doesn't matter what position one is in.

One also has free will choose to believe in God's promises or not in any position...… once again in HOPE of course.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Mon 4 Jan, 2021 06:29 pm
@crackedhead,
Quote:
What exactly is God's promise? I would like to know that. Religion obviously hasn't put forth a real life answer in 3000 or so years..

Otherwise the middle is the middle.
Simple answer as far as your first question goes. The guy who claimed to be his son said if you seek the answer you will find it. If you haven’t found it, either he was lying or you haven’t really looked or you chickened out at some point.

JC wasn’t a big fan of staying in the middle. He said be hot or be cold, otherwise he would spit you out. Pick a ******* side or sit on your fence and bitch about wanting to know.
Leadfoot

Mon 4 Jan, 2021 07:00 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
It’s not a real cat,

And Juliet is not really the sun.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 04:45 am
@Leadfoot,

…....Pick a f*cking side or sit on your fence and bitch about wanting to know.....

Well.... I wouldn't have put it as bluntly as that but......yeah...in a nutshell....
0 Replies

Galli

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 12:34 pm
@littlek,
Well, this is my own point of view, of course, however, I believe that religious people are fighting to convalidate their points, they are under the feeling that if you do not believe their issue, you must be an enemy .
A religion is some thing that has not proves and or substance, therefore, not argument to debate.
I am now discussing the catholic religion and the first requirement is that, YOU MUST HAVE FEITH
izzythepush

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 12:40 pm
@crackedhead,
It might be an idea if you knew what Schrödinger’s cat actually was.

All you’ve done is demonstrate your complete ignorance.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 01:14 pm
@Galli,
Galli wrote:

Well, this is my own point of view, of course, however, I believe that religious people are fighting to convalidate their points, they are under the feeling that if you do not believe their issue, you must be an enemy .
A religion is some thing that has not proves and or substance, therefore, not argument to debate.
I am now discussing the catholic religion and the first requirement is that, YOU MUST HAVE FEITH

Politely as possible, Galli...I think you are full of ****.

Many, perhaps most, religious people do want to proselytize...but that is because they think it is the right thing to do. Some of them actually think it is an obligation.

99.9999% of the time if you tell them to **** off...they stop the sale and move on. If you do that, I doubt the vast majority of them think of you as an "enemy."

Not sure what your beef is (you are not very clear), but your sloppy postings look to me as though you are not a serious person.

hingehead

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 04:33 pm
@Galli,
Quote:
YOU MUST HAVE FEITH

I believe it's spelt 'THIEF'.
0 Replies

Galli

Sat 9 Jan, 2021 12:53 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I am an atheist but I respect any other idea, I think that the better way to silence them is to ask for proves regarding their believe; the word that YOU MUST HAVE FAITH is their way for hiding the lack or reason.
Mind you, I do not accept the fact that JOE BLOW said so, soo it must be right; if you are a human being you have to use your head and not believe what they are forcing to believe without a justification.
Re: towards the guy who said I AM FULL OF ****, you behave just like the religious , provide me with a reason why I am full of **** and we shall have am debate
izzythepush

Sat 9 Jan, 2021 01:05 pm
@Galli,
That’s the reason you came on A2K is it, to debate why you’re full of ****?
coluber2001

Sat 9 Jan, 2021 01:14 pm
@izzythepush,
Alan Watts described belief as "holding onto" and faith as "letting go".

Athiesm is the opposite of fundamentalism, and egoism is the opposite of spirituality.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Sat 9 Jan, 2021 01:15 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
@Gali: Not sure what your beef is (you are not very clear), but your sloppy postings look to me as though you are not a serious person.

Those are the only kind you are willing to debate Frank. You have a taste for easy shots.
InfraBlue

Sat 9 Jan, 2021 04:32 pm
@Leadfoot,
Yeah, like being convinced that 0.01 probability amounts to 0 probability based on personal testimonial. Right.
0 Replies