edgarblythe

Wed 13 Apr, 2016 11:25 am
@Leadfoot,
We have a thread hundreds of posts long that discusses slavery and the Civil War. If you were to read several pages of that, all your questions would be answered.
http://able2know.org/topic/170084-1
Leadfoot

Wed 13 Apr, 2016 12:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
Thanks Edgar, My questions and conclusions about the Civil War are mostly about the social dynamics surrounding it rather than the historical events of the war but I'll check the thread out.
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 13 Apr, 2016 12:19 pm
As he does on every topic, this joker cannot go even a few posts without contradicting himself.

Leadfoot wrote:
Your 'first shot' theory is ludicrous.

Leadfoot wrote:
The only remote chance they had was to fire the first shot.

Logic is also a stranger at his house. How can Lincoln's attitude toward preserving the union have been known unless and until the union was threatened? He just argues for argument's sake, and he's not very good at it, either.
Setanta

Wed 13 Apr, 2016 12:20 pm
Good point, EB--we mustn't trash this thread by feeding trolls.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Wed 13 Apr, 2016 11:56 pm
@Setanta,
Pathetic Set,

You make zero effort to follow what I was saying. The subject was why the war was fought.

I was saying that it didn't happen simply because the south fired the first shot.
0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 14 Apr, 2016 01:50 am
Yes, i agree--your attempt to weasel out of your contradictory claim is pathetic.
0 Replies

Jay2know

Tue 21 Jun, 2016 11:25 pm
@Robert Gentel,
The Bible doesn't teach that. You want to see what Religion doesn't want you to KNOW? If you go to hell, you are coming out, it's not an eternal place of punishment. I thought my priest was gonna hit my because he had a good cash thing going. (hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.) Revelation 20:13 King James Version. The Bible doesn't teach a six day creation either. Earth made at 24 hours at a time? It' was a process. Stay Cool.
0 Replies

Jay2know

Tue 21 Jun, 2016 11:34 pm
@BillRM,
Atheism is the breakdown of our society. I don't really care for them trying to force their non-religious down my throat, then doing it to my kid where I 'm absent . Sorta fell like the Atheists are molesting my kids. Please stop harassing my kid with the systematic brain washing of evolution. What a nice society we are coming too. NOT.
edgarblythe

Wed 22 Jun, 2016 12:09 am
@Jay2know,
I resent your post, particularly on a thread for atheists. You are not only wrong, you are being offensive.
Leadfoot

Wed 22 Jun, 2016 08:47 am
@edgarblythe,
Oh that's rich Edgar. Like atheists NEVER comment on theist threads...
edgarblythe

Wed 22 Jun, 2016 08:57 am
@Leadfoot,
ad hominems are resented. You don't like it tough.
Leadfoot

Wed 22 Jun, 2016 09:37 am
@edgarblythe,
You mean stuff like 'you're all delusional! There is no god!' frequently tossed into theist threads?
edgarblythe

Wed 22 Jun, 2016 10:36 am
@Leadfoot,
I only toss in the truth about theism when there is an ongoing argument. This thread was started by a person for the express purpose to share with other atheists, not argue the topic. She left a2k in disgust when everything went south.
cicerone imposter

Wed 22 Jun, 2016 11:04 am
@Jay2know,
There is no way atheism can be forced down anyone's throat. If you believe it's true that atheism tries to do what you think they do, show us examples of it. I'll show you examples of religions pushing their dogma at almost every turn, and histories of wars caused by religion. The internet is full of them.
I have personally been approached by LDS members knocking on our door to spread their message. I've never had an atheist doing that.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Wed 22 Jun, 2016 03:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I only toss in the truth about theism when there is an ongoing argument. This thread was started by a person for the express purpose to share with other atheists, not argue the topic. She left a2k in disgust when everything went south.
First off I should say that I don't think (or Ive forgotten) you are guilty of the mindless handgrenades that several other avowed atheists are guilty of tossing into theist threads. Your grenades usually have a point when tossed there.

But the poster you blasted had an opinion of atheism and stated it. It was on topic. And if the originator of the thread is so offended by being 'invaded' by non atheists that she had to leave , well, she has thin skin and unrealistic expectations. Personally, I would feel rediculous telling an atheist to 'butt out of my theist thread'

But you have prompted me to go back and read the early part of this thread to see just what sort of inside sharing that atheists do. If you leave out theism or religion bashing, what's left? Is it like:
-----------
Isn't it great that there is no God!?

Sure is, life would be such a drag if I had to worry about some spaghetti monster in the sky.

We should get together and celebrate that there's no God.

Yeah, I really enjoy talking about God not existing.
---------

I honestly can't think where the conversation would go after that. But I could be wrong, I'll check it out.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Wed 22 Jun, 2016 03:49 pm
**** off.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Wed 22 Jun, 2016 03:58 pm
No, you **** off.

I went back to page one and the first reply (by the OP herself) was pretty honest and pointed out that atheist conversations tended to be 'shrill'. (Which I take to mean 'bashing of theism'.) Post reply #2 gets right to the point and reverts to outright bashing of theism. That's where it stayed as far as I read.

Have fun talking about no God Edgar.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Wed 22 Jun, 2016 04:22 pm
Many of us don't follow, much less respond, in religion threads.

I have been there, left all that in late teens/early twenties. Afterwords, I was pissed off for a few years (I had an odd religious teenhood). A few years later, I moved to taking people for who they were, and stopped with the bundling resentment. I am fifty years past that.

If I have ever entered a religion thread, I do not remember doing that.

I'm not interested.

I do resent people who have, over time, fucked up littlek's thread.
Setanta

Wed 22 Jun, 2016 04:28 pm
I don't ever discuss being an atheist in real life, it just doesn't come up. Discussing it on-line can get tedious, and of course it devolves into complaints about theist bullies who attempt to impose their wacko beliefs on society. What else would you talk about?

Once again, it never comes up in real life.
edgarblythe

Wed 22 Jun, 2016 04:30 pm
They can't stand it for a person to be outside of the box they want us all in. All the more reason to but in and derail it further. I didn't read his reply because I know he is trolling big time by now.
0 Replies