layman

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 10:00 am
@timur,
Quote:
Incomparably much less than some religious world views, though.

Surprise, surprise--an actual claim of some type coming from this guy. Also not surprising that it grossly ignores known facts and merely reflects his emotional preferences.

It is well known that atheism is a requirement for membership in the communist party. The only God there is the state, and it's leader, it seems.

Quote:
Mass killings occurred under some Communist regimes during the twentieth century with an estimated death toll numbering between 85 and 100 million....The highest death tolls that have been documented in communist states occurred in the Soviet Union under Joseph Stalin, in the People's Republic of China under Mao Zedong, and in Cambodia under the Khmer Rouge. The estimates of the number of non-combatants killed by these three regimes alone range from a low of 21 million to a high of 70 million.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_killings_under_Communist_regimes

Of course, mass murders by thugs like the Pope are "incomparably" higher, no doubt.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 10:03 am
Not that it will change anyone's mind, or that he needs a defender, but I like Timur. He has written many interesting, informative posts. He's a little crabby lately. Who of us can say we haven't been? (ok, well, I suppose the people who mostly play word games..)
0 Replies

layman

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 10:11 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Timur is one of Setanta's groupies.

Makes sense...birds of a feather, and all that.
0 Replies

argome321

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 10:15 am
@Olivier5,

Quote:
There's worse... How many people in this world would rather live in the Bronx than wherever they do live, do you think? A few hundred millions maybe.

At the time during the 1970s people couldn't get out fast enough. Surrounded by poverty, burnt out and decrepit decaying buildings, drug addicts and gangs was the norm? the stigma attached has yet to go away.

Quote:
I don't look down upon people. I'm just sadden to see the damage done to people because they and others embrace and accept a certain ignorance even when it sadistic and masochistic behavior?

Quote:
Much damage has been done to people by some atheist world views during the past century. Let's not be too simplistic in our view of evil, or social and political ills. They come in many colors.

Theism, atheism, what ever the story, what ever the cause, if it is doing damage it should be eradicated.
Olivier5

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 10:29 am
@argome321,
Quote:
Theism, atheism, what ever the story, what ever the cause, if it is doing damage it should be eradicated.

I wouldn't want to 'eradicate' any idea. We human being just need to learn not to kill or die for an idea.
ehBeth

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 10:41 am
@timur,
timur wrote:

Olivier wrote:
Much damage has been done to people by some atheist world views during the past century.

Incomparably much less than some religious world views, though.

very much in agreement with this statement by timur
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 10:58 am
@argome321,
define : damage
timur

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 10:59 am
Olivier wrote:
Timur is one of Setanta's groupies. Bitchy and with a huge sense of entitlement just like Set, but with less neurons left

If only you knew what you are talking about, instead of vomiting crap (sigh)...

You may have some neurons left but the dendrites are missing..
0 Replies

argome321

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 11:04 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
I wouldn't want to 'eradicate' any idea. We human being just need to learn not to kill or die for an idea.

Well, one thing I have found out is that you can't kill ideas.

timur

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 11:04 am
layman wrote:
Olivier wrote:
Timur is one of Setanta's groupies.

Makes sense...birds of a feather, and all that.

What about the flock of poultry that is layman, Olivier and Franck?
argome321

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 11:06 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:

What''s your point?
Olivier5

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 11:14 am
@timur,
Quote:
What about the flock of poultry that is layman, Olivier and Franck?

We keep disagreeing all the time, as people with some braincells left tend to do...
0 Replies

Olivier5

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 11:16 am
@argome321,
Exactly. Theism and atheism are not going away anytime soon. Best to get used to them...
Quehoniaomath

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 11:17 am
@argome321,

that is all
argome321

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 11:20 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:

that is all

Get an English dictionary or google damage
argome321

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 11:23 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Exactly. Theism and atheism are not going away anytime soon. Best to get used to them...

How true, but one can dream... can't he? Smile
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 12:05 pm
@ehBeth,
Another coward checking in.

Hi!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 12:07 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:

Being a clown is a state of mind, not an avatar.

Your state of mind is that of a clown.

Nah...I'm just a happy guy.

But you wouldn't know about that...with that sad, sad puss you use for an avatar.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 12:08 pm
@layman,
He does this time and again, Layman. Starts something for no reason other than to start something.

The thing is...he is not especially competent...and he get stomped on just about every time.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 12:10 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:

layman wrote:
He would quickly retreat because he really has nothing to say.

Or I simply restrain from uttering bullshit, which is your common lot.

You are the queen of "uttering bullshit", Timur.

About that pained look on your avatar...are you trying to tell us that you have a lemon in your mouth...or a poker up your butt.
0 Replies