Ionus

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 08:36 am
@Thomas,
Quote:
Quote:
Olivier5 wrote:
Quote:
Quote: as Olivier5 so kindly reminded me

And as you so kindly reminded me earlier...

Sure. I wasn't complaining.
Gees, guys, get a room .
Ionus

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 08:39 am
@farmerman,
I recall the good old days when I tried to cure you of your alcoholism and referred to a notice in the press about Dinosaur DNA . But dont worry, its common for two old farts like you and **** for brains to sit on a verandah and yell at clouds and nap and reminisce and then do it all again awaiting the inevitable . Hang onto your rock collection, dont let nursey steal it .
farmerman

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 08:48 am
@Ionus,
I see that you still are delusional as ever.
Now you changed your dino DNA story so you dint look foolish.
If you would have just said "oops I misunderstood the science" it woulda passed as a a mere dot. Instead you argued and argued (UNARMED I MIGHT SAY, cause your body of knowledge was, lets just say, non-existant).
Id love to see a twenty page argument between you and another member(who shall remain unnamed cause hes very sensitive about his "beliefs or lack thereof". You both hang on to lost causes like a sloth hangs onto trees.

Frank Apisa

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 08:56 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I see that you still are delusional as ever.
Now you changed your dino DNA story so you dint look foolish.
If you would have just said "oops I misunderstood the science" it woulda passed as a a mere dot. Instead you argued and argued (UNARMED I MIGHT SAY, cause your body of knowledge was, lets just say, non-existant).
Id love to see a twenty page argument between you and another member(who shall remain unnamed cause hes very sensitive about his "beliefs or lack thereof". You both hang on to lost causes like a sloth hangs onto trees.

This...from someone who has gone hundreds of pages with people who are just playing a game with him...where there is no chance of serious debate or discussion!

What a loser!
0 Replies

argome321

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 08:59 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
I dont think so . I think their instincts are more in charge . We suppress ours .

I got the following from widipedi

here's one take on instinct. It relates to a point I was making about the decrease in human instinct. I'm sure we can find arguments to counter this point..but here goes... for what it's worth.

From Wediapedia;

Quote:
The role of instincts in determining the behavior of animals varies from specieain of salt. againi amusin s to species. The more complex the neural system of an animal, the greater is the role of the cerebral cortex and social learning, and instincts play a lesser role. A comparison between a crocodile and an elephant illustrates how mammals for example are heavily dependent on social learning. Lionesses and chimpanzees raised in zoos away from their birth mothers most often reject their own offspring because they have not been taught the skills of mothering.[citation needed] Such is not the case with simpler species such as reptiles.

For the entire article
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instinct

This next quote is also taken from widipedia in reference to Emotions...and should also be taken with a grain of salt. I m using it here to point out my reason for saying that emotions are the driving force behind and for our behavior and not instincts.

well here goes,,for better or worse.

Quote:
Emotions are complex. According to some theories, they are a state of feeling that results in physical and psychological changes that influence our behavior. The physiology of emotion is closely linked to arousal of the nervous system with various states and strengths of arousal relating, apparently, to particular emotions. Emotion is also linked to behavioral tendency. Extroverted people are more likely to be social and express their emotions, while introverted people are more likely to be more socially withdrawn and conceal their emotions. Emotion is often the driving force behind motivation, positive or negative.[2] An alternative definition of emotion is a "positive or negative experience that is associated with a particular pattern of physiological activity."[3] According to other theories, emotions are not causal forces but simply syndromes of components, which might include motivation, feeling, behavior, and physiological changes, but no one of these components is the emotion. Nor is the emotion an entity that causes these components[

For the entire article

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotion
timur

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 09:04 am
Frank wrote:
This...from someone who has gone hundreds of pages with people who are just playing a game with him...where there is no chance of serious debate or discussion!

What a loser!

How appropriate for a sad clown!
Olivier5

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 09:08 am
@argome321,
Quote:
I don't need false hope and illusions to make it through the day.

Maybe you just live a cushy life, like I do... Ever thought of that?

I respect people's right to look for hope wherever they find it. I don;t look down on them because they believe in something not proven by science. We all do believe in nonexistent stuff, like justice or paper money.

(paper money is an illusion in the sense that the paper a banknote is printed on is NOT worth much, intrinsically; it's just an agreed convention that a banknote is worth 5 or 10 euros or dollars or pesos)
Frank Apisa

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 09:10 am
@timur,
timur wrote:

Frank wrote:

What a loser!

How appropriate for a sad clown!

Don't gang up.

And you really should not call Farmerman a clown...sad or otherwise.
Olivier5

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 09:11 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
Gees, guys, get a room

You're jealous, Ionus?
0 Replies

timur

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 09:12 am
@Frank Apisa,
You, sad clown, you!
Frank Apisa

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 09:16 am
@timur,
Look at my avatar...and look at yours, Timur.

You are the sad clown.

Frank Apisa

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 09:18 am
@Frank Apisa,
Timur:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScKKsvwDg_EA9-CliDu8_T3mseyzYs95XrjrdQhDRsZ5kD6q4HzA
ehBeth

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 09:27 am
@farmerman,
it was worth checking back in just for this

farmerman wrote:
You both hang on to lost causes like a sloth hangs onto trees.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/traythadon/BergundyWin_zps20570ca1.gif
argome321

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 09:28 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
I don't need false hope and illusions to make it through the day.

Quote:
Maybe you just live a cushy life, like I do... Ever thought of that?

I doubt cushy. An black American growing up in the south Bronx, better known to the world as the fort Apache area?

Though I will admit I was paid to go to school?

Quote:
I respect people's right to look for hope wherever they find it. I don;t look down on them because they believe in something not proven by science. We all do believe in nonexistent stuff, like justice or paper money.

I don't look down upon people. I'm just sadden to see the damage done to people because they and others embrace and accept a certain ignorance even when it sadistic and masochistic behavior?

Money has an intrinsic value, though it is turning to electric money, because we can exchange it for services and goods.

Justice, though rarely achieved, is a worth while goal. I think it is better then religion at holding society together and helping us keep some quasi-semblance of sanity. This last part is just an opinion.
timur

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 09:32 am
@Frank Apisa,
Being a clown is a state of mind, not an avatar.

Your state of mind is that of a clown.
Olivier5

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 09:39 am
@argome321,
Quote:
I doubt cushy. An black American growing up in the south Bronx, better known to the world as the fort Apache area?

There's worse... How many people in this world would rather live in the Bronx than wherever they do live, do you think? A few hundred millions maybe.

Quote:
I don't look down upon people. I'm just sadden to see the damage done to people because they and others embrace and accept a certain ignorance even when it sadistic and masochistic behavior?

Much damage has been done to people by some atheist world views during the past century. Let's not be too simplistic in our view of evil, or social and political ills. They come in many colors.
layman

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 09:46 am
@Frank Apisa,
I admit that I really don't pay much attention, so I could be overlooking something, but I've never noticed this timur guy saying anything substantial in any thread, Frank. He seems to believe that announcing his disapproval of other posters is worthy of a post--or many posts expressing the same opinion and no more. Like saying "you suck" over and over and over and over and over and over and....

I guess he's angry because if he hits the thumb's down vote 25 times, it still only registers one negative vote. Maybe he's just trying to instigate a bitch fight, but I don't think so. He would quickly retreat because he really has nothing to say.
timur

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 09:49 am
Olivier wrote:
Much damage has been done to people by some atheist world views during the past century.

Incomparably much less than some religious world views, though.

timur

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 09:52 am
layman wrote:
He would quickly retreat because he really has nothing to say.

Or I simply restrain from uttering bullshit, which is your common lot.
Olivier5

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 09:57 am
@layman,
Timur is one of Setanta's groupies. Bitchy and with a huge sense of entitlement just like Set, but with less neurons left.