@One Eyed Mind,
One Eyed Mind

Sat 6 Sep, 2014 02:23 am
@Setanta,
What are you alluding to, Setanta?
0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 6 Sep, 2014 02:54 am
I'm alluding to the nonsensical gobbledy-gook that is so often offered here as wisdom.
One Eyed Mind

Sat 6 Sep, 2014 03:04 am
@Setanta,
That's strange. A wise man never not once perceived anyone's ideas as you do, so perhaps the issue lies in what you cannot understand? Certainly you must accept the possibility that you cannot recognize true wisdom.
Setanta

Sat 6 Sep, 2014 03:21 am
@One Eyed Mind,
Just as certainly we must accept that you have no "true wisdom" to offer. What you've produced so far is word salad.

Quote:
A wise man never not once perceived anyone's ideas as you do . . .

I assure you that we get self-absorbed and self-contratulatory bullsh*t artists in here all the time, and they are quickly seen for what they are, and are usually either told as much, or simply ignored. Your English sucks.
One Eyed Mind

Sat 6 Sep, 2014 03:32 am
@Setanta,
That would not be my grammar, but rather my mind thinking of more than one thing at the same time, so I went to type something out, scratched that, forgot to delete the never.

Again, you nitpick small things that are easily explained because unlike you, I am not fixated on belittling people to make myself seem superior.

What about the big things? Accusations and insults aren't at all big, friend. Try something more constructive.
Setanta

Sat 6 Sep, 2014 03:37 am
@One Eyed Mind,
Your coherence in the discussion is falulty, too. You say "again," but you have not accused me of nitpicking until now. As for belittling people, i haven't belittled you, i've just had a good laugh at the drivel you have posted. If you can't take that, ou probably have no business posting online.

More significantly, though, is the irrelevance of what you have posted. The topic of this thread is the experience of being an atheist in the contemporary society of the United States. You have contributed nothing to that discussion. You have, in fact, behaved just like the god-botherers who show up here, drawn by the thread title--you have attempted to make yourself seem superior by showing us all how you are "above" labels such as theist or atheist. Really, if you have nothing to say on the topic, your comments are not relevant.
Frank Apisa

Sat 6 Sep, 2014 04:34 am
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

Why do I feel like both Mwal and One Eyed Mind are an expression of the Turing test?

You may have hit that right on the head, Hingehead.
Wink
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sat 6 Sep, 2014 04:35 am
@One Eyed Mind,
One Eyed Mind wrote:

It's certain that these experiences exist, and it's certain that these experiences are not our own, but the Universe role-playing its evolutionary design through our human bodies, and through time, these experiences of mankind will shape the coming future in a billions years time.

Actually, it is not certain at all.
MWal

Sat 6 Sep, 2014 01:01 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
This beauty is divine. It spells knowledge.
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Sat 6 Sep, 2014 01:42 pm
@Setanta,
You have done it before it; to say "again" has no relevance to saying it now. You're reaching by wanting to disagree with everything I say and do, for in the end, you want to agree with me, but cannot in this society you live in. As I like to say, "He who disagrees with everything, is denying; he who agrees with everything, is lying".

The wise do not laugh at others. You are not wise, therein. Laughter is there to hide pain; if you're laughing at me, it's because my thoughts are killing you on the inside as we speak; your old habits.

Off-Topic to your brain; On-Topic to the Universe. Let's keep it at that. There's only one reason why you condescend me; I am threatening your beliefs.

One Eyed Mind

Sat 6 Sep, 2014 01:44 pm
@Frank Apisa,
It is very certain, friend.
Frank Apisa

Sat 6 Sep, 2014 01:59 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
One Eyed Mind wrote:

It is very certain, friend.

No...it is not!
One Eyed Mind

Sat 6 Sep, 2014 02:05 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Yes, it is. It may not be certain to you now, because the Universe seems massive to you; but to me, the Universe is very small and simple when you break down the billions of labels, to understand everything for what it "IS".
Frank Apisa

Sat 6 Sep, 2014 02:19 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
One Eyed Mind wrote:

Yes, it is.

No, it is not.

Quote:
It may not be certain to you now, because the Universe seems massive to you;

The "universe"...or more accurately, what we humans call the universe...does not seem massive to me. Stop with the pontificating. You are not that good at it.

Quote:
... but to me, the Universe is very small and simple when you break down the billions of labels, to understand everything for what it "IS".

Whatever it is...IT IS.

For you to pretend you know what it is...is ludicrous.

We have messiah/know-everything types here all the time, Mind...and they simply do not sell their snake oil. You won't either.
One Eyed Mind

Sat 6 Sep, 2014 02:49 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Yes, it is. For you to say "no", but not question it, really says a lot about the legitimacy of your sentiments - or should I say, sediments, as your brain has turned to stone.

It is massive to you, hence why you do not want to question it - it scares you. You're just hiding the inevitable.

What it "IS", does not mean it cannot be known - it means it cannot be named.

I am above tautology - this is actuality I speak of. This Universe functions as it does, and I use its behavioral patterns to understand what it is doing and why it does what it is doing. I am basically understanding the Universe, by understanding its layout, its design and why it chose something solid for X, something spongy for Y and something soft for Z.

Frank Apisa

Sat 6 Sep, 2014 06:19 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
One Eyed Mind wrote:

Yes, it is. For you to say "no", but not question it, really says a lot about the legitimacy of your sentiments - or should I say, sediments, as your brain has turned to stone.

No, it is not certain...and it is much too early to get into that name-calling nonsense.

Quote:
It is massive to you, hence why you do not want to question it - it scares you. You're just hiding the inevitable.

It is NOT massive to me. I have no idea of what "it" is...if it is anything. The only difference between us is that I am willing to acknowledge that I do not know.

Quote:
What it "IS", does not mean it cannot be known - it means it cannot be named.

Whatever!

Under any circumstances...to suppose you know what it IS...is laughable.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/crying-with-laughter.gif

Quote:
I am above tautology - this is actuality I speak of. This Universe functions as it does, and I use its behavioral patterns to understand what it is doing and why it does what it is doing. I am basically understanding the Universe, by understanding its layout, its design and why it chose something solid for X, something spongy for Y and something soft for Z.

Snake oil is in aisle 5...on the right side if you enter from the front end of the store.
One Eyed Mind

Sat 6 Sep, 2014 06:25 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Very unwise.

There are two types of people in the end: The Conformist & The Artist.
Frank Apisa

Sat 6 Sep, 2014 06:35 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
One Eyed Mind wrote:

Very unwise.

There are two types of people in the end: The Conformist & The Artist.

Aisle 5, Mind...aisle 5!