Germlat

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 08:28 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

Quote:
But all you're doing is claiming things rather than giving a scrap of evidence to support your argument. Substantiate your claims....

Is that an order ? Wink

btw where do you.....giving evidence to support your argument. Substantiate your claims ?

Ah well.

Ok...here's one: medical interventions prolong life...CPR, defibrillation (our knowledge of Anatomy & Physiology, electricity, etc ). There's plenty of reports, evidence, witnesses. I'm sure you've heard of it ....
farmerman

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 09:01 am
@Germlat,
You've just lost . Quahog has NOTHING worth discussing but now that you've responded to his idiocy you are on the hook and he becomes the prime interlocutor. He wins with nothing of substance in his quiver. You've just been trolled.
Quehoniaomath

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 09:18 am
@Germlat,
Quote:
Ok...here's one: medical interventions prolong life...CPR, defibrillation (our knowledge of Anatomy & Physiology, electricity, etc ). There's plenty of reports, evidence, witnesses. I'm sure you've heard of it ....

That doesn't mean it is all true of course, a lot is taken much too seriously. Wink
And, seriously mate, you are a bit vague on the evidence.

But what else is new?
0 Replies

Germlat

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 10:22 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

You've just lost . Quahog has NOTHING worth discussing but now that you've responded to his idiocy you are on the hook and he becomes the prime interlocutor. He wins with nothing of substance in his quiver. You've just been trolled.

I really hadn't read any of his posts and thought he's response might be fresh and brash or at least interesting . Hollow promises...darn it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 10:30 am
I don't suppose there is anyone here (among those trashing the thread) who can speak seriously to their own experience of being an atheist.
cicerone imposter

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 11:08 am
@Setanta,
I can. Being an atheist amongst siblings who are all christians married to christians is not easy. But....they remind me often that they do pray for me.

Setanta

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 11:22 am
The woman who used to live next door would tell me on any Sunday that i saw her that she had prayed for me, or was going to pray for me when she went to church. I believe she did. She was a nice lady, and it would have been churlish and cruel to attack her about her beliefs. Since she never brought them up otherwise, i didn't, and we remained friends.
0 Replies

MWal

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 11:41 am
I don't see how you can reject God and not have made a claim. In other words your a believer in something... Good for you. I have never heard an argument for God other than Love, and Knowledge.
Setanta

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 11:46 am
If you, you nasty little hater, are addressing that to me, i will point out that it makes no sense.
Germlat

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 11:52 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I can. Being an atheist amongst siblings who are all christians married to christians is not easy. But....they remind me often that they do pray for me.

I can completely relate...except I was often their target for what they considered an "immoral trait"....yet, I don't trash people for their belief system...we all do the best we can.
cicerone imposter

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 12:07 pm
@Germlat,
I observe the opposite in my siblings. They say, "I love homosexuals, but not their sin." It boggles my mind.
Germlat

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 12:08 pm
@MWal,
MWal wrote:

I don't see how you can reject God and not have made a claim. In other words your a believer in something... Good for you. I have never heard an argument for God other than Love, and Knowledge.

Ever heard of the crusades?
Germlat

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 12:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I observe the opposite in my siblings. They say, "I love homosexuals, but not their sin." It boggles my mind.

I've learned to understand not everyone has my advantage. Sometimes it's ok to applaud their (even minuscule ) accomplishments...that may be the extent of their capacity.
0 Replies

MWal

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 12:12 pm
@Setanta,
Me?
MWal

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 12:13 pm
@Germlat,
What does that have to do with anything. On another forum someone referenced my words to the crusades, but I don't believe in violence.
0 Replies

Germlat

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 12:14 pm
@MWal,
MWal wrote:

Me?

Oh...sweetheart...his compassion is but theoretical. Don't go there.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 12:16 pm
@Germlat,

They seem to be blind to all the violence perpetrated by those of religion against others and themselves. They ignore all the past and current history of what religion has begot/begat humans.
Setanta

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 12:17 pm
@MWal,
The first time i saw you post here, you were talking about "atheist goons." You had some choice condemnation for those who don't believe as you do. What sort of description do you think i should use for that kind of drivel?
MWal

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 12:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Religion and people alike get into little fights with one another, but when both are dedicated to love the fighting goes away.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 12:19 pm
@Setanta,
Wal wrote,
Quote:
"atheist goons."

Just a good example of christians showing their love. Laughing Laughing Laughing Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes