Setanta

Wed 27 Aug, 2014 11:08 am
@Germlat,
One looks at that example of "English," and wonders how you ever had the gall to challenge a native speaker's understanding of his language.
Germlat

Wed 27 Aug, 2014 11:11 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

One looks at that example of "English," and wonders how you ever had the gall to challenge a native speaker's understanding of his language.
. He-he ...many native speakers agree with me...just look it up. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Germlat

Wed 27 Aug, 2014 11:20 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

. If science where to simply be considered in terms of English understanding ...we'd be screwed. You're simply exhibiting some ethnocentric tendencies...good luck with that. I feel a little sad for you.
Setanta

Wed 27 Aug, 2014 11:32 am
@Germlat,
You have the character of a bully, and the understanding of a violent barbarian. You're a nasty little girl who cannot accept that she may be wrong. Go away, you're boring.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Wed 27 Aug, 2014 11:34 am
I do not have enough fate to be an atheist Wink
neologist

Wed 27 Aug, 2014 01:37 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
What a predicament. Do we know anyone like this?
Not enough fate to be an atheist.
Not enough faith to be a theist.

Or, does that even make sense?
Frank! Where are you, Frank?
Frank Apisa

Wed 27 Aug, 2014 01:47 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

What a predicament. Do we know anyone like this?
Not enough fate to be an atheist.
Not enough faith to be a theist.

Or, does that even make sense?
Frank! Where are you, Frank?

Just reading along, Neo.

I do not have Q on ignore...and I do not intend to put him on ignore...

...but anyone responding to his absurdities is being as absurd as he.
neologist

Wed 27 Aug, 2014 01:54 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Whew!
Thanks, Frank.

I was afraid to be alone here
0 Replies

hingehead

Wed 27 Aug, 2014 02:42 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:

I do not have enough fate to be an atheist

Au contraire Q. To be an atheist is to be without fate. No omniscient presence has preordained your future for you - you have meaningful choices.
Germlat

Wed 27 Aug, 2014 03:05 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

I do not have enough fate to be an atheist Wink

I can honestly say I've never heard of such.how do you know you have not enough fate?
cicerone imposter

Wed 27 Aug, 2014 03:20 pm
@Germlat,
I think he meant 'faith.' LOL He has a lisp.
neologist

Wed 27 Aug, 2014 03:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
I think he meant 'faith.' LOL He has a lisp.
GAWD! I shouldda figgered. Mr. Green
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 27 Aug, 2014 04:03 pm
We have quite a few entertaining posts here from people who think they speak English, but don't. Quahog is a leader in that field.
Germlat

Wed 27 Aug, 2014 04:25 pm
@Setanta,
And most importantly, those who have nothing to offer but great grammar . Einstein's secretary is turning in her grave.
Setanta

Wed 27 Aug, 2014 05:17 pm
@Germlat,
You apparently don't understand the term grammar. Quahog made a spelling error, not a grammatical error. You're still pissingi in your panties because you couldn't bludgeon me into accepting your idiotic claim about science being an institution. You've even accused me of ethnocentrism. That's hilarious for a variety of reasons. I'm not English, nor do i have any English ancestors. Being an American is not being the member of any particular ethnic group.

But your real idiocy shines through becuase you were the one who provided an English definition and insisted upon it, not i. Your rhetocial skills are so piss-poor you can't even keep track of the discussion. You insisted upon that English definition.

Clown
Germlat

Wed 27 Aug, 2014 06:10 pm
@Setanta,
Read your posts....you're the one who's idiotic. But--then your childish tantrums can't allow for you to understand. I could refer you to a therapist ( pretty sure it's not the first time it's been suggested).
Setanta

Wed 27 Aug, 2014 06:12 pm
@Germlat,
Ooooo . . . devastating comeback. You're whining, peeing in your pants and it's all unravelling on you.
Germlat

Wed 27 Aug, 2014 06:15 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Ooooo . . . devastating comeback. You're whining, peeing in your pants and it's all unravelling on you.

You're ping- pong skills are weak.
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 27 Aug, 2014 06:22 pm
Yeah, right--say stupid **** because you cannot respond to the valid criticisms i made of your pathetic rhetorical performance here. You're a complete waste of time. Bye, bitch . . .
0 Replies

Herald

Wed 27 Aug, 2014 08:56 pm
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:
To be an atheist is to be without fate.
     To be an atheist is also a fate. Actually I am not so sure that the atheists don't believe in the fate, for most of them zealously believe that things in Nature are just happening 'on auto-pilot'. To happen on auto-pilot supposes to have set a priori procedures that will determine 'automatically' the outcome of this or that case.
     By definion:
Def.: Destiny or fate is a predetermined course of events. It may be conceived as a predetermined future, whether in general or of an individual. It is a concept based on the belief that there is a fixed natural order to the cosmos.
     The theory of the atheists is that the Big Bang, acting through the 'evolution of the stars' and the 'evolution of the species' sooner or later will create life everywhere in the Universe ... which is just not happening The fake theory of evolution also supposes that if the environment changes for sufficiently long time I will start flying ... which is simply not happening.
hingehead wrote:
No omniscient presence has preordained your future for you
     It is only the Big Bang 'theory' that can preordain our future ... to believe in unverified and invalid theories ... of any kind.
     The things are not that easy. When someone does not believe in God he starts believing in fortune-tellers, sorceresses, (gay) extra-senses, prophecies, revelations, oracles and scrap of any kind. For further details see the 'forecasts' of the Octopus Paul about the FIFA World Cup Championship in 2010.