hingehead

Fri 25 Apr, 2014 06:30 am
I write in bold because it makes me sound more serious.
Setanta

Fri 25 Apr, 2014 06:36 am
I write in bold and italic so i can shout out my opinions!

There is a distinction here that the Pizza man always overlooks, because it eats right into his idiotic attempts at a conclusive epistemology. There is a huge distinction between asserting that something does not exist, and simply rejecting the assertion that it does. Wilso is right, he's just playing word games, and he's not very good at it, either.
Frank Apisa

Fri 25 Apr, 2014 06:58 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I write in bold and italic so i can shout out my opinions!

There is a distinction here that the Pizza man always overlooks, because it eats right into his idiotic attempts at a conclusive epistemology. There is a huge distinction between asserting that something does not exist, and simply rejecting the assertion that it does. Wilso is right, he's just playing word games, and he's not very good at it, either.

I make plenty of sense, Setanta. You like to scold the theists, because their arguments are easier to deal with than mine. I understand.

Thanks for that laugh.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Fri 25 Apr, 2014 07:00 am
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

I don't. I write in bold (at times) because I feel like writing in bold...and because it helps differentiate my responses from the postings to which I am responding.
spendius

Fri 25 Apr, 2014 07:15 am
@hingehead,
Quote:

Whatever it might sound like, hinge, it looks ridiculous. Like shouting does.

It is quite obvious that the normal font size has evolved by a process of natural selection to be the easiest on the eye for the customers of the relevant web pages and, in A2K's case, the very epitome of perfection.

Web designers' first task is creating a page that is readable by their customers. Fonts that are too large take up too much space on the page and are as unreadable as ant-sized tiny fonts. You see?

It is a complex subject indeed and the judge is the reader. That's how it evolves. It is similar to evolution which proceeds upon another much more gratifying sensation than eyeball ease.

It is a distinct possibility that one of Eric Gill's alphabet designs is in use here on A2K. I am not expert enough, or too lazy to become one, to judge. But I do know that some fonts are annoying and repel readers.

Thus those using such unmannerly aberrations are working, insidiously, to break Robert's heart (his bank I mean). He probably went to some trouble to choose a font which is easy on the eye and with which anything that needs to be said can be said without resorting to the sort crassness we see all too many examples of from those whose interest in A2K is zero.

Even the spacing of a line in large bold is annoying. It is like being asked to go slow to allow our lips to move as we read.

So it is reasonable to assume that such gumpery is designed to break Robert's heart and annoy us all no end.

0 Replies

hingehead

Fri 25 Apr, 2014 07:27 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank wrote:
because it helps differentiate my responses from the postings to which I am responding.

So you can't see the little box that says 'X wrote' ?
Setanta

Fri 25 Apr, 2014 07:34 am
@hingehead,
More and more people have, over the years, simply stopped responding to Pizza's bullshit. For a while, he would write long passages all in capitals, but people then justifiably accused him of shouting. Now he uses bold-faced, and i suspect that's because he's desperate not to be ignored, which is really what he deserves. He plays the same simple-minded word games over and over again.
Frank Apisa

Fri 25 Apr, 2014 07:36 am
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

Frank wrote:
because it helps differentiate my responses from the postings to which I am responding.

So you can't see the little box that says 'X wrote' ?

I can...but many people here try to make the distinction of which I speak.

Does it bother you?
Frank Apisa

Fri 25 Apr, 2014 07:39 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

More and more people have, over the years, simply stopped responding to Pizza's bullshit. For a while, he would write long passages all in capitals, but people then justifiably accused him of shouting. Now he uses bold-faced, and i suspect that's because he's desperate not to be ignored, which is really what he deserves. He plays the same simple-minded word games over and over again.

Don't worry about me being ignored, Setanta.

I know I am not...especially by you...you old sweetie, you. Wink

My sister is coming in from California...and I'm gonna meet her in town. Almost sorry I gotta go. This is looking like it will become quite a fun time today.
0 Replies

hingehead

Fri 25 Apr, 2014 07:43 am
@Frank Apisa,
I just seems like a symptom of a weak mind - my own personal bias of course. To me it's at the same level as putting multiple exclamation marks after a statement.

I just turn off and stop reading. Sorry.
Frank Apisa

Fri 25 Apr, 2014 07:45 am
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

I just seems like a symptom of a weak mind - my own personal bias of course. To me it's at the same level as putting multiple exclamation marks after a statement.

I just turn off and stop reading. Sorry.

Hey, no problemo.

I don't have a weak mind...and I suspect that comment of yours was more a gratuitous shot...so really, no problemo!!!!!!

Frank Apisa

Fri 25 Apr, 2014 07:45 am
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk17/frankapisa/hannibal_zpse6853f17.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk17/frankapisa/Jabba_zps78fce165.jpg
0 Replies

Wilso

Fri 25 Apr, 2014 08:23 am
@Setanta,
I feel bad about a single sentence in caps, as I did a couple of posts back. Maybe because there's a small representation of there of the person I once was, and that I've worked hard not to be.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 25 Apr, 2014 09:27 am
@Setanta,
What amazes me more is the simple fact that many of you are still slaves to his repetition.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 25 Apr, 2014 09:31 am
@Setanta,
Don't forget that most of his assertions are guesses. He can fall back on that when he's wrong - but the problem being, he never admits he's wrong.

Repetition is his only vice.

He plays both sides of an idea, and thinks he's saying something remarkable. All of you have fallen for his word games. He says nothing.
hingehead

Fri 25 Apr, 2014 04:31 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I'm so shocked that you would misinterpret what I'm saying. I'm not saying you have a weak mind, I'm saying indiscriminate use of bolding, chaos, exclamation marks and colour trigger my brain's 'well this isn't worth the effort of reading' mode. It's not about you.

It's like web users the world over ignore banner ads. It's not that every ad is bad or unuseful, it's just that experience tells us most are, so our brains unconsciously put a blind spot there.

Hope I've clarified suitably to your passive-aggressive riposte.
Frank Apisa

Fri 25 Apr, 2014 04:46 pm
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

I'm so shocked that you would misinterpret what I'm saying. I'm not saying you have a weak mind, I'm saying indiscriminate use of bolding, chaos, exclamation marks and colour trigger my brain's 'well this isn't worth the effort of reading' mode. It's not about you.

It's like web users the world over ignore banner ads. It's not that every ad is bad or unuseful, it's just that experience tells us most are, so our brains unconsciously put a blind spot there.

Hope I've clarified suitably to your passive-aggressive riposte.

Completely, Hinge!!!!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Fri 25 Apr, 2014 04:50 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Don't forget that most of his assertions are guesses. He can fall back on that when he's wrong - but the problem being, he never admits he's wrong.

I have used the expression "I was wrong"...probably more than anyone else in this forum. I acknowledge when I am wrong.

Quote:
Repetition is his only vice.

Christ...only ci could write something like that! Gotta wonder if he actually reads what he writes.

Quote:
He plays both sides of an idea, and thinks he's saying something remarkable.

I certainly say a good deal more than you, ci.

Quote:
All of you have fallen for his word games. He says nothing.

Really..."all" is too strong a word there.

And I say plenty...which seems to upset you to the point where you cannot control yourself, ci.
0 Replies

hingehead

Fri 9 May, 2014 12:19 pm
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/d0/5b/40/d05b408f5bb78c086aaceb7258cb9e5d.jpg
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 9 May, 2014 01:32 pm
One of the good things about comedians is their ability to step outside culture to take a fresh look at its attributes. That was a good one.