Olivier5

Mon 21 Apr, 2014 07:26 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You've never won an internet debate, Frank?
DB Law

Mon 21 Apr, 2014 08:12 pm
@FBM,
Ugandan Bishops calls for genocide as part of Easter message...
In Tororo District, Uganda, Bishop Emmanuel Obbo, the Archbishop of Tororo Archdiocese, urged every citizen who supported the anti-homosexuality law to lay down greed, corruption and “PUT THEM TO DEATH and let generosity rise up within us and flow out in abundance.”
http://stopugandanantihomosexualitybill.blogspot.co.uk/
FBM

Mon 21 Apr, 2014 08:43 pm
@DB Law,
Yup. Religious-based oppression of a minority. Again. Sad and pitiful for this day and age.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 03:41 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

You've never won an internet debate, Frank?

Actually, most of us agree that there is nothing to win or lose. We are having a discussion...sharing opinions, for the most part.

There are people who regularly "declare victories." Romeo does it all the time; CM in almost every post. Usually people who do it are the clowns of the forum.

Be above it...if you have it in you.
Olivier5

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 06:10 am
@Frank Apisa,
I've won many debates, on the internet or otherwise... and I've lost quite a few, too. :-)

Just because there's no referee doesn't mean there is no score.
Germlat

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 07:20 am
@Olivier5,
You won?! Good for you:) Smile Smile
Germlat

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 07:24 am
@Frank Apisa,
Emotional intelligence eludes many. If they think they won, they expect for you to clap. You're right about those who declare victory. It's quite humorous.
cicerone imposter

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 07:34 am
@Olivier5,
Rather than 'score,' I rate them as losers or winners. You're in the winners circle in my books.

Some people are parrots who believe repeating bull shyt makes them true. One exception to this fact might be posts by JTT who's posts are mostly true, but he continues to repeat the same message ad nauseum to prove he's a America and American hater. I put him on ignore. He's a f...... bore, and I don't need to waste my time reading his hate speech.

As with all friends and or family, we don't always agree on some issues, but we have the decency to admit we are wrong when we realize it. Some people don't have that grace.

Olivier5

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 07:36 am
@Germlat,
Thanks Smile
0 Replies

Olivier5

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 07:39 am
@cicerone imposter,
Exactly, and to the extent we recognise our mistakes, losers become winners. We get something out of the discussion even if we're wrong. Frank loses all the time because he cannot learn from his mistakes.
Germlat

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 07:42 am
@cicerone imposter,
I think facts speak for themselves. Vanity however, needs a mirror. If you're certain you're right, there is no need to keep score. I don't agree with anybody 100% of the time. I think there are different types of intelligence. Someone trying to prove they're right by insulting their opponent, seems like playground brawling. It stinks of insecurity. If you are sure someone's an idiot...you don't point it out. It is obvious.
cicerone imposter

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 07:53 am
@Germlat,
An idiot needs to be told, or they'll never realize they have a problem with logic and common sense.

A child needs direction, and many don't ever grow up!

I'm not sure what kind of world you live in, but I've experienced all manners of discrimination and insults. I do not remain quiet.

From the time I was a young child, I wore glasses, and many kids picked on me. I learned that fighting with them stopped the taunts. Humans do not change just because they add years to their lives. That's psych 101.

I've been in many kinds of social environments, and can hold my own in most.

I don't need anybody to tell me how to act at my age.

Train your own children. I raised two sons, and they're good people with above average intelligence.

I've been an advocate for all groups who do not enjoy equality, and the two charities that I give donations to every year are those that do not discriminate in any way.

I've traveled to over 200 countries, and pretty much understand how people live in both rich and poor countries. All people are the same; they want their children to be healthy and happy.

Germlat

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 08:03 am
@cicerone imposter,
I have lived in numerous countries myself, and travelled extensively. It has taught me a lot about people. I don't feel the need to school anybody. I think education is a very personal journey, and only accepted when people are ready to receive. I don't feel the need to personally pump myself up, or humiliate anyone to make myself understood.
cicerone imposter

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 08:15 am
@Germlat,
I don't pump myself up. They are personal experiences garnered from years of life on this planet. That YOU "don't feel the need to personally pump myself up, or humiliate anyone to make myself understood." is admirable.

You also wrote,
Code: I don't feel the need to school anybody.

You already contradicted yourself when you wrote,
Quote:
If you are sure someone's an idiot...you don't point it out. It is obvious.

Germlat

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 08:22 am
@cicerone imposter,
You're missing the point...I'm not criticizing you, believe or not. I rather enjoy your posts. All I'm saying is, there's no need to point out deficiencies, when they're obvious. I'm not at all admirable. I have a set of deficiencies... But I'm aware of this...,not disputing it.
cicerone imposter

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 08:24 am
@Germlat,
Hell, we all have deficiencies. That's a fact, and I'll be the first to admit it.
Germlat

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 08:29 am
@cicerone imposter,
Yep...it's important to keep one in check... Easy to loose perspective . In my opinion, that's when you stop learning.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 09:27 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

I've won many debates, on the internet or otherwise... and I've lost quite a few, too. :-)

Ahhh...treating it as a win/lose situation may be your problem. It make you petty...and that doesn't look good on you.

Quote:

Just because there's no referee doesn't mean there is no score.

Then declaring victory would mean you are scoring the match yourself.

See anything absurd about that?
Frank Apisa

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 09:28 am
@Germlat,
Germlat wrote:

Emotional intelligence eludes many. If they think they won, they expect for you to clap. You're right about those who declare victory. It's quite humorous.

Thanks, Germlat.

There are some people here who declare victory as a regular thing. Laughter is what they deserve...and laughter is what they usually get.
Frank Apisa

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 09:30 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Exactly, and to the extent we recognise our mistakes, losers become winners. We get something out of the discussion even if we're wrong. Frank loses all the time because he cannot learn from his mistakes.

Cute...but desperate. That is another thing you do often, Olivier...being desperate. Mostly that comes from taking yourself too seriously. Wink
0 Replies