spendius

Fri 28 Feb, 2014 07:38 am
@Setanta,
Surely that situation has been voted for and is thus constitutional.

I'm not convinced it is "breaking news" to the executive, legislative and judicial branches.

I love being put on Ignore and being thumbed down. It shows that I'm getting up people's noses and that there are areas of debate they dare not look square in the face. In other words they are not here for debate but to shove their views down people's throats without any expectation of challenge.

The ultimate A2K heresy.

"You should be made to wear earphones".

Bob Dylan. Ballad of a Thin Man.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Fri 28 Feb, 2014 08:46 am
https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/1798455_805204116175661_1912448473_n.jpg
Frank Apisa

Fri 28 Feb, 2014 09:13 am
@edgarblythe,
I was delighted to cast my first vote for Cory Booker last year...and I look forward to voting for him again in the future.

He's seems to be a pretty stand-up guy...but he is a politician from New Jersey...and he is gonna catch a whole bunch of crap from the right this next election.

He's black...and reputed to be gay.

The god-loving right will have a field day with that. And they will dredge up much from his years as mayor of Newark.

I think he will make a fine senator, though...and he will bring to that body experience as an chief executive of a very large, troubled city...credentials the congress needs.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Fri 28 Feb, 2014 09:48 am
Cory Booker, in dress clothes and against the orders of firemen, ran into a burning building and rescued a child.

The guy is too bright and has too much on the ball to remain a de-moKKKer-Rat for any length of time, he will find some other political party in the near future.
Frank Apisa

Fri 28 Feb, 2014 10:04 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Cory Booker, in dress clothes and against the orders of firemen, ran into a burning building and rescued a child.

The guy is too bright and has too much on the ball to remain a de-moKKKer-Rat for any length of time, he will find some other political party in the near future.

It must be nice to dream out loud, Gunga.

He is bright...and has lots on the ball.

Why would he lower himself on the political philosophical ladder?
0 Replies

panzade

Fri 28 Feb, 2014 11:03 am
https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1/1898224_10153878940240615_235771848_n.jpg
0 Replies

panzade

Fri 28 Feb, 2014 11:18 am
For those on the Right who believe we must become a Christian theocracy, let your fearless leader disavow you of this notion.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t1/1966911_638186339552399_1468331834_n.jpg
0 Replies

Enaj

Fri 28 Feb, 2014 01:16 pm
@panzade,
the name is Enaj
panzade

Fri 28 Feb, 2014 01:19 pm
@Enaj,
Please don't make fun of those who suffer from dysxelia
Enaj

Fri 28 Feb, 2014 01:43 pm
@panzade,
the name is Emily Ninette Anna Johnson Smile
Frank Apisa

Fri 28 Feb, 2014 01:55 pm
@Enaj,
Enaj wrote:

the name is Emily Ninette Anna Johnson Smile

C'mon, Jane. You're too new to try to pull our legs!
Romeo Fabulini

Fri 28 Feb, 2014 02:10 pm
Quote:
Wilso posted this pic-

http://i57.tinypic.com/2yjq72d.jpg

Try as I might mate, I honestly can't see anything idiotic or lunatic in this, or am I missing something?-
"Love one another, feed the hungry, house the homeless, clothe the destitute, tend the sick, visit the prisoners, look after the poor"- Jesus of Nazareth (Mark 12:30, John 13:34, Matt 25: 37-40)
Frank Apisa

Fri 28 Feb, 2014 02:19 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Wilso posted this pic-

http://i57.tinypic.com/2yjq72d.jpg

Try as I might mate, I honestly can't see anything idiotic or lunatic in this, or am I missing something?-
"Love one another, feed the hungry, house the homeless, clothe the destitute, tend the sick, visit the prisoners, look after the poor"- Jesus of Nazareth (Mark 12:30, John 13:34, Matt 25: 37-40)

Yeah, Romeo...I think you ARE missing something.

Here are a few quotes from the god Jesus worshiped. Maybe that will help set things right for you:

"If a man has a stubborn and unruly son who will not listen to
his father or mother, and will not obey them even though they
chastise him, his father and mother shall have him apprehended
and brought out to the elders at the gate of his home city, where
...his fellow citizens shall stone him to death."
Deuteronomy 22:18ff

"I, the Lord, your God, am a jealous God, inflicting punishments
for their fathers' wickedness on the children of those who hate
me, down to the third and fourth generation."
Deuteronomy 5:9

Does that help you understand?

Germlat

Fri 28 Feb, 2014 02:24 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
But it's not what really happens Romeo. Tele evangelists will take the money from a welfare mom and buy Botox with it. If you believe their crap..they'll also sell you "blessed water", CDs ( for your own spiritual strengthening of course), and take the little you have financially so they can live like kings.
Romeo Fabulini

Fri 28 Feb, 2014 02:29 pm
Quote:
Frank Apisa said: Yeah, Romeo...I think you ARE missing something.
Here are a few quotes from the god Jesus worshiped. Maybe that will help set things right for you:

...his fellow citizens shall stone him to death." Deuteronomy 22:18ff

me, down to the third and fourth generation." Deuteronomy 5:9

It only helps me understand that you must be an oldtime fire-and-brimstone religionist mate..Smile
Those are both OLD Testament quotes (the clue is in the name), but Jesus gave us a NEW Testament and people quickly cottoned on-

"The covenant of which Jesus is mediator is superior to the old one" (Heb 8:6)
"In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent." (Acts 17:30)

The Old T is like an outdated computer operating system such as Windows 3, but the New T is like the newer Windows 7..Smile
panzade

Fri 28 Feb, 2014 02:29 pm
"Many of you of you may have heard that Christians have had their freedom trampled upon - again - because AZ Governor Brewer vetoed a bill that would have legalized( the ability to discriminate) a Christian's god-given right to refuse to do business (with icky homosexuals) anyone on the basis of their religious convictions. The first amendment of the Constitution allegedly protects the religious freedom of all Americans. Just read the religious freedom clause:"

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof ...

"Despite the language that clearly protects the rights of every person of faith to practice their religion without interference from the government, Christians have been marginalized and attacked for their beliefs for centuries in America. You may find this hard to believe, but it's all perfectly true. Consider, for example, the first god-given right that was taken away from Christians in America: "

The Right to Persecute Witches

The Right to Own Slaves

The Right to Take More Than One Wife

Christians no longer can pray to God to heal their children, but instead face imprisonment for practicing their beliefs regarding spiritual health care.

The right to execute abortionists and bomb abortion clinics has also been denied the most devout followers of Jesus Christ. Whatever happened to "Onward Christian Soldiers?" Apparently they are all deemed terrorists now instead of freedom fighters.

And of course, the latest blow, Gov. Brewer's veto of a bill that would have protected the right of any individual to practice his or her religion by discriminating against teh Gay. One can only hope that our Lord will be merciful, and not punish the State of Arizona with a plague of toads or possibly an ever worsening drought for failing to allow his people to follow his dictates and not force themselves to become servants to Sodomites.
Germlat

Fri 28 Feb, 2014 02:32 pm
@panzade,
Well, in that case thank goodness for social evolution. If not I would've been burned at the stake for my chosen profession.
Romeo Fabulini

Fri 28 Feb, 2014 02:34 pm
Quote:
Germlat said: Tele evangelists will take the money from a welfare mom and buy Botox with it. If you believe their crap..they'll also sell you "blessed water", CDs ( for your own spiritual strengthening of course), and take the little you have financially so they can live like kings

What makes you think they're true Christians?
TC's GIVE money, not rake it in-
"Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit"- (2 Cor 2:17)

The phonies can't get under Jesus's radar..Smile-
Jesus said "Not all who call me "Lord,Lord" will enter the kingdom of heaven. Then I'll tell them plainly, I never knew you, get away from me" (Matt 7:21-23)
Germlat

Fri 28 Feb, 2014 02:38 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
True Romeo...I believe some really walk the talk...but you can't deny it is a magnificently enormous money making industry. It's sad so many give all they have so these horrible creatures can armor up in Armani suits and call it a God given blessing in their lives.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Fri 28 Feb, 2014 02:44 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank Apisa said: Yeah, Romeo...I think you ARE missing something.

...his fellow citizens shall stone him to death." Deuteronomy 22:18ff

me, down to the third and fourth generation." Deuteronomy 5:9

It only helps me understand that you must be an oldtime fire-and-brimstone religionist mate..Smile
Those are both OLD Testament quotes (the clue is in the name), but Jesus gave us a NEW Testament and people quickly cottoned on-

"The covenant of which Jesus is mediator is superior to the old one" (Heb 8:6)
"In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent." (Acts 17:30)

The Old T is like an outdated computer operating system such as Windows 3, but the New T is like the newer Windows 7..Smile

EARTH CALLING ROMEO...come in please:

Romeo...the only place you can find out anything about the god Jesus worshiped...

...IS IN THE NEW TESTAMENT.

I realize you guys want to distance yourself from that god...

...but that ain't gonna work.

You are stuck with him. He is the god Jesus worshiped!

And I am using Windows 8.1!