spendius

Wed 11 Dec, 2013 05:47 pm
@spendius,
"What can be expected but disappointment and repentance from a choice made in the immaturity of youth, in the ardour of desire, without judgment, without forsight, without enquiry after conformity of opinions, similarity of manners, rectitude of judgment, or purity of sentiment".

Samuel Johnson.
0 Replies

FBM

Wed 11 Dec, 2013 08:08 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

"If you don't believe in God, why don't you just rape & murder as much as you want?"

This question assumes that people who belive in God don't rape and murder. There are rapists and murderers that do believe in God. I would think that there are more believers among them than non-believers, seeing as how there are more of the former than the latter in the general population.

Particularly true if by "general population" you're referring to prisons. Wink
0 Replies

panzade

Thu 12 Dec, 2013 07:18 pm
This is good to know...
https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1497555_10152069673724255_312301820_n.jpg
Germlat

Thu 12 Dec, 2013 07:43 pm
Has anyone watched the Bill Maher video religulous? It's interesting. I've Met in your face Christians and in your face Atheists and it's the in your face I can't stand...so I guess it boils down to personality.
0 Replies

Germlat

Thu 12 Dec, 2013 07:45 pm
@panzade,
Wow! Thanks for the humor
cicerone imposter

Thu 12 Dec, 2013 07:53 pm
@Germlat,
Look; another new one from FOX News.

Quote:
The Sideshow
Fox News host Megyn Kelly says Jesus and Santa are white.

And, that's supposed to mean?
0 Replies

hingehead

Thu 12 Dec, 2013 07:54 pm
Just watching Ed Byrne's standup on iview (lucky Australians)

He has a bit where he confesses to be an atheist, and the ponders the dilemma of how to raise his son...

'I don't want him to be an atheist because I am - I want him to be an atheist because he reads the bible and thinks "This is horseshit!"
0 Replies

Germlat

Thu 12 Dec, 2013 08:00 pm
@panzade,
True story: I was once sharing with my southern American mother-in-law that in the Bay Islands(Honduras) people spoke English as it was spoken decades ago..using words such as thou etc...she replied "oh just like in Jesus' time". I was at a loss for words and certainly didn't correct her. Yet..I'm amazed at the comment to this day. I guess she was referring to English in the King James Bible LOL
Germlat

Thu 12 Dec, 2013 08:02 pm
@Germlat,
Oops I meant to say centuries not decades
0 Replies

panzade

Thu 12 Dec, 2013 08:18 pm
@Germlat,
Quote:
she replied "oh just like in Jesus' time".

As funny as Sarah Palin disclosing that Jesus celebrated Easter.
FBM

Thu 12 Dec, 2013 10:20 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

Quote:
she replied "oh just like in Jesus' time".

As funny as Sarah Palin disclosing that Jesus celebrated Easter.

She no-**** said that? Was she Drunk ?
panzade

Thu 12 Dec, 2013 10:55 pm
@FBM,
OOPS!
I keep forgetting.
It was a facetious story in the Daily Currant

On 23 October 2013, the Daily Currant published an article positing that former Alaska governor Sarah Palin had claimed in a television news interview that Jesus Christ celebrated Easter during his time on Earth:
In an interview with Fox and Friends this morning, the former Alaska governor promoted her new book about the left's "war on Christmas" and argued that all Christian holidays should return to the traditional versions practiced by Jesus.

"It makes me so gosh darn angry," Palin explained. "The liberal left in this country
has targeted Christian holidays and is trying to secularize them right out of existence.

"When Jesus celebrated Easter with his disciples there were no Easter bunnies or egg hunts. There were no Easter sales at department stores or parades in the street. Easter was a special time of prayer and Christian activism.

"Jesus would gather all the townspeople around and would listen to their stories about the meaning of Easter in their lives. Then he would teach them how to love one another, how to protest Roman abortion clinics and how to properly convert homosexuals.

cicerone imposter

Thu 12 Dec, 2013 11:00 pm
@panzade,
Palin,
Quote:
Then he would teach them how to love one another, ...

ROFLMAO
0 Replies

panzade

Thu 12 Dec, 2013 11:38 pm
Seems the Mormon Church is starting to "lighten up"
http://bookofmormononline.com/files/2012/06/Amulon-BookofMormon-Mormon.jpg
Quote:
As of Friday, December 6, the Mormon Church has officially renounced the doctrine that brown skin is a punishment from God.

In the Book of Mormon, (not the musical but the actual sacred text) dark skin is a sign of God’s curse, while white skin is a sign of his blessing. The book tells of a conflict between two lost tribes of Israel, the Lamanites and Nephites, who journeyed to the New World and made their home in Mesoamerica. The Lamanites sinned against God, and “because of their iniquity….the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them” (2 Nephi 5:21). Later, when Lamanites became Christians, “their curse was taken from them, and their skin became white like unto the Nephites” (3 Nephi 2:15).

These verses have been thought to explain the dark skin of Native Americans. In 1960, Church apostle Spencer W. Kimball suggested at the general conference that Native Americans who converted to Mormonism were gradually becoming lighter skinned:
Germlat

Fri 13 Dec, 2013 06:53 am
@panzade,
Not to mention the negative implication this ideology poses for a Mormon trying to gain political favor from the American voter given the current demographics.
0 Replies

Germlat

Fri 13 Dec, 2013 07:14 am
@panzade,
Amazing that a Jehovah's Witness would rather have a child die than for the child to have a blood transfusion . Of course the law protects the child but not always adolescents. The law apparently goes back and forth on this one.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Fri 13 Dec, 2013 07:20 am
Quote:
Book of Mormon- “because of their iniquity….the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them” (2 Nephi 5:21). Later, when Lamanites became Christians, “their curse was taken from them, and their skin became white like unto the Nephites” (3 Nephi 2:15).

Aha, I always wondered why Michael Jackson turned white..Smile
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Fri 13 Dec, 2013 07:26 am
Ah blondes, whatever would we do without 'em..Smile
These feminists chainsaw down Jesus in protest at the "oppression of women"-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/fem-kiev.gif~original
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/fem-kiev1.gif~original
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/fem-kiev2.gif~original

Wonder which bits of this they don't like?-
"There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus" (Galatians 3:28 )
Jesus said to the snooty priests-"The prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you" (Matt 21:31)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/JesusAdultrss.jpg
spendius

Fri 13 Dec, 2013 11:52 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
It might have been anything Romeo. It was appearing topless that was the priority. And that is only interesting because it's unusual.
Germlat

Fri 13 Dec, 2013 12:05 pm
@spendius,
Remember when members of Pussy Riot were arrested for the church performance. It's all about attention and trying to prove they're views are not conventional . The media of course was all over it...their intention all along..Hey what else can you do if you have no talent?