spendius

Fri 22 Nov, 2013 05:30 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Northerners invented the industrial revolution and Manchester capitalism. We make the Eurofighter. I see one flying over quite often.

And Plymouth Argyle are 89th in the rankings.

Those who read my posts know a great deal about me.

You left out Brass.

0 Replies

spendius

Fri 22 Nov, 2013 05:33 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
One might gauge how much we love one another by the scramble at the checkout for the stuff the nose grindstone has produced.

Mushy sentimental blather notwithstanding.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Fri 22 Nov, 2013 07:24 am
Quote:
Spendius said: And Plymouth Argyle are 89th in the rankings

I couldn't care less, I'm not a soccer fan and anyway here in the southwest we don't give a damn about grown men kicking a ball around.
Up north soccer is the opium of the masses, a religion in its own right, and although they can't recite the 23rd Psalm or name the disciples they can almost certainly recite the offside rule and name Manchester united's regular team lineup.
I blame the Fylingdales Early Warning Radar up on the York moors for scrambling northerners brains regarding spiritual matters
Frank Apisa

Fri 22 Nov, 2013 07:28 am
Anyone else here getting the idea that these two guys share more DNA than most of us share with each other?
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 22 Nov, 2013 07:35 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Wembley was packed out for two bloody friendlies. And some exotic NFL games.

Dylan's in Blackpool tonight and tomorrow night.

The first stretch of motorway in the the UK was in central Lancashire and H.M. Queen once said that if she was retired off she would live in the Ribble Valley.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Mon 25 Nov, 2013 01:40 pm
13 Year Old Atheist Kicked Out By Parents
http://www.tytnetwork.com/2013/11/25/13-year-old-atheist-kicked-parents/
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Mon 25 Nov, 2013 02:47 pm
13's a bit young to be an atheist, maybe it's just a phase he's going through and he'll grow up in time..Smile
"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things" (1 Cor 13:11)
hingehead

Mon 25 Nov, 2013 02:55 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I'm shocked you missed the point

Quote:
13's a bit young to be an atheist, maybe it's just a phase he's going through and he'll grow up in time.

Absolutely. But is the good christian parent who kicks a thirteen year girl for being atheist just 'going through a phase'?

Clearly you didn't watch it - SHE not HE.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 25 Nov, 2013 02:59 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
No; that's when a child understands what is right and what is wrong. That's what happened to me. I learned early in my childhood that religious' teachings were dogmatic, and also practiced discrimination against women, gays, lesbians, and other religions. I knew those teachings were wrong.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Mon 25 Nov, 2013 03:12 pm
Quote:
Cicerone said: I learned early in my childhood that religious' teachings were dogmatic, and also practiced discrimination against women, gays, lesbians, and other religions. I knew those teachings were wrong.

Jesus wasn't anti-women, and he never said a word about gays/lesbians!
As for other religions, he simply said "I am the only way to God", and left it to peoples's free will whether to believe him..Smile

PS- I was an atheist in my teens but it only lasted a week or so because i felt so bloody illogical at having to ignore the thousands of Israelis and Roman soldiers who saw and heard Jesus with their own eyes and ears, that's a helluva lot of eyewitnesses..Smile
hingehead

Mon 25 Nov, 2013 03:15 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
and left it to peoples's free will whether to believe him

So you are violating Jesus' will by proselytizing?

God knows what he thinks of the mother in the story Ed posted.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 25 Nov, 2013 03:17 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Doesn't matter; it's what we learned in "church" that made me change my stance. All religions are the same; they are dogmatic and discriminatory in many ways. Most are discriminatory against women.

It doesn't matter what you say what "Jesus said." The bible is full of errors, contradictions, and omissions.

The "only way to god" is to become an atheist. Buddhists comes closest to meeting that achievement.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Mon 25 Nov, 2013 03:22 pm
Quote:
Hingehead said: So you are violating Jesus will by proselytizing?

That's a big word that belongs in that weird and wonderful parallel universe called the Philosophy board, it simply means "telling people", and Jesus certainly wanted his mates to tell people about him.
Same in the early 60's, kids at school were going round telling us other kids about a sensational new group they'd heard called The Beatles..Smile
0 Replies

Setanta

Mon 25 Nov, 2013 03:30 pm
Proselytize:

convert or attempt to convert (someone) from one religion, belief, or opinion to another.

That means considerably more than just to "tell" someone. What a f*ckin' idiot.
spendius

Mon 25 Nov, 2013 03:38 pm
@Setanta,
What's up with "*******"? Why this piano-legs Victorian coyness?

It shows how deep Christian teachings can go.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Mon 25 Nov, 2013 04:40 pm
You've got to hand it to the missionaries who went into deserts swamps and jungles to try to stop the godless heathen fuckers eating each other..Smile
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/tribe1_zpse9794360.jpg~original
panzade

Mon 25 Nov, 2013 05:10 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
...and murdered them and tortured them and enslaved them and spread diseases on them....all in the name of....wait for it!

God!
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Mon 25 Nov, 2013 05:22 pm
We Europeans had to civilise the world..Smile
The Brits arrive in America-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/arrival3.gif~original

and the Spanish arrive in Sth America to civilise the Mayans-
"In the name of King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella we are going to bust your heathen asses!"
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/apocalyptoC_zps43cb6034.jpg~original

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/apocalyptoA_zps912d72d1.jpg~original
maxdancona

Mon 25 Nov, 2013 06:07 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
You really know very little about history, don't you.
0 Replies

hingehead

Mon 25 Nov, 2013 06:08 pm
A picture tells a thousand words; what a pity that in the hands of Romeo those words are all self-contradictory gibberish.