Age Difference And Third World Dating

Pitter

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 08:01 pm
What would you all opine about a world (not the US) where a nineteen year old girl is quite content to date a man more than forty years her senior with the obvious proviso that there is economic support? Mind you I didn´t ask what you think of the man or of the girl but you´re welcome to focus there if you like.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 9 • Views: 2,404 • Replies: 11
No top replies

panzade

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 08:22 pm
@Pitter,
pesos prevail...go for it
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 08:29 pm
@Pitter,
Pitter wrote:
What would you all opine about a world (not the US) where a nineteen year old girl is quite content to date a man more than forty years her senior with the obvious proviso that there is economic support?

I would probably think: "There goes yet another pair of consenting grownups doing their thing." What more is there to opine about?
Pitter

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 08:48 pm
@Thomas,
Ok, that´s what I would think too.
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 10:55 am
I would be concerned if there would be some kind obligation(s) to the provider that would not be beneficial to the younger person.

Sexual commitment? Time?

There's no such thing as a free lunch.

ehBeth

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 12:18 pm
@Pitter,
Pitter wrote:
a nineteen year old girl is quite content to date a man

If it's a world where "content" is the best to be expected from a relationship, I'd feel very sorry for both of them.

If the language of girl and man is considered appropriate, I'd consider it a culture to avoid.
Pitter

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 07:24 pm
@sullyfish6,
The girl is required to supply the "provider" with Green Stamps and ocaisionally an expensive free lunch.
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 07:31 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth I have followed your posts for years and I think you are an inveterate romantic. Nothing wrong there but do you you really think there can be something more than "content" amongst individuals over seventeen years of age?
ehBeth

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 08:25 pm
@Pitter,
Absolutely.

Content is not enough.

Perhaps I was extraordinarily lucky, growing up with the example of my parents. mrs. hamburgboy died just under a year ago, at the age of 78. She and hamburgboy were more than content after 50 years of marriage. There was still excitement and adventure and humour and keen keen interest in each other (and an absolute conviction that the other was irrestible to the opposite sex).

If my partner senses content, I can tell you that he should be worried.

0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 04:39 am
@Pitter,
Pitter wrote:
What would you all opine about a world (not the US) where a nineteen year old girl is quite content to date a man more than forty years her senior with the obvious proviso that there is economic support?

Beauty for stability is an exchange as old as humans are, but when the discrepancy between the partners' beauty or stability is great it's likely a place where women are typically expected to seek providers due to a culture in which they enjoy less academic and professional opportunity and it is likely a culture in which there is more general hardship and settling for less.
0 Replies

BobbyQ

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 05:05 am
@Pitter,
Of course the nineteen year old girl wants only economic support because this is the age when we want to have all you can see in the markets, clothes, cars, new and expensive phones etc and she likes herself in this position as she has all she wants . That forty years old man sees her just as a sex partner and he believes that if he asks a favor he must return the favor...with money, of course.
I still think that the problem is in that man's wife, because at this age women are too busy with children, with work, cleaning house or something like that and she doesn't pay too much attention to her husband like in her 20's. Because she has other important things to focus at. I don't blame his wife, I blame him, because him must understand that she is too busy to pay him attention and he must to try hard to relax her and to amuse her as much as he can....
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 05:17 am
@Pitter,
Pitter wrote:
What would you all opine about a world (not the US) where a nineteen year old girl is quite content to date a man more than forty years her senior with the obvious proviso that there is economic support? Mind you I didn´t ask what you think of the man or of the girl but you´re welcome to focus there if you like.

There sure is a lot of it IN the US.
Its common to be approached by gold diggers old enuf to be your grand daughters
who think of u as an obstacle between them and your cash.
0 Replies