america is doomed

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 01:07 pm
The election of Brown in Mass is just the first step down that slippery slope of brown shirt tendencies leading freedom hating nanny minded guardians of group think ever closer to the brink of self-loathing. There is no doubt whatsoever that Sen Brown will follow exactly the wishes of his state electors regardless of the machine politics of the U S Senate. We are doomed I say, doomed.
You people had better wake up and face the music before Brown starts his run for the presidentcy on the non-republican but I hate liberals slate of just say no to the tea tax, do we really want our hard earned yankee dollars feeding dark-skinned Haitians? Hell no we don't, they have never made any effort for us, how many troops did Haiti send ti Iraq? to Afghanistan? are they fighting piracy in the Indian Ocean?
We must return america to the skilled hands of Dennis Kucinich before Haliburton contracts for the second Big Dig in Boston. The tendencies are there for all to see, conservative/independent/republicans hate america.
I implore all you Vegans, unite for the sake of america.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 01:16 pm

I shall bear true faith
to carnivorous libertarian Individualism!

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 01:17 pm

and hedonism

don 't wanna forget that
dyslexia

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 01:21 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

and hedonism

don 't wanna forget that
David you know very well that Hedonsim is unamerican, the Puritans didn't found america so that people could enjoy life, quite the opposite. Now go fix yourself a spam and velveeta sandwich.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 01:34 pm
A hard rain's a gonna fall.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 01:50 pm
@dyslexia,
Quote:
a spam and velveeta sandwich.

make that fried spam and I just might go fix myself one.
AbbieMcKenley

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 03:24 pm
@Seed,
I've never actually eaten spam.... always intened to but never got around to it.

hmm. I'll have to do that.

http://www.chicken-scratch.ca/SPAM-300.jpg
roger

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 03:36 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
Sometimes an opportunity missed is the best kind.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 04:28 pm
I get the post and I would respond that we're not doomed but we're over as the worlds number one superpower and we're in decline. I've been saying that for several years and nothing has happened that doesn't prove it out. To recognize that is not to be a fatalist or a chicken little type.

I don't have a problem with it. I know people in Germany, Norway, England, Scotland, Ireland...none of those nations are big super powers anymore and they live as well or better than the average American these days. and they have healthcare.
Wy

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 04:47 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Agreed.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 04:50 pm
Granted, Brown sucks but Martha Coakley also sucked. I think MA was doomed either way.
msolga

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 05:58 pm
@dyslexia,
Interesting, dys. You say America is doomed & Bear says he's disgusted.

I'm reading along with interest. From a long way away, if these A2K threads can be taken as any sort of real indicator, it's sounding like a form of disenchantment, of US liberals, is taking hold. Hard to know, from a long way away. I'll be interested to see what others here have to say.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 06:01 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
AbbieMcKenley wrote:
I've never actually eaten spam.... always intened to but never got around to it.

hmm. I'll have to do that.

I think I had a slice of it in the 1940s.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 06:04 pm
All American liberals are disenchanted--all the time. Its obligatory, it's in the handbook.
msolga

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 06:15 pm
@Setanta,
Now I can relate to that! Laughing

"Lefties" in Oz suffer from the same affliction. Comes with the territory. Makes political discourse very colourful, though. Wink
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 06:28 pm
If liberals were satisfied with everything the way it is, they would be on the verge of becoming conservatives.
High Seas

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 06:30 pm
@dyslexia,
Stop this panicky nonsense, Dys, you know the drill - we're only "at risk", and that's only if we continue to spend money we ain't got!
http://www.newsweek.com/id/224694
Quote:
The deficit for the fiscal year 2009 came in at more than $1.4 trillion"about 11.2 percent of GDP, according to the Congressional Budget Office (CBO). That's a bigger deficit than any seen in the past 60 years"only slightly larger in relative terms than the deficit in 1942. We are, it seems, having the fiscal policy of a world war, without the war.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 06:32 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
If liberals were satisfied with everything the way it is, they would be on the verge of becoming conservatives.

Exactly. It all comes of wanting the US to be a better place! Wink
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 09:00 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Interesting, dys. You say America is doomed & Bear says he's disgusted.

I'm reading along with interest. From a long way away, if these A2K threads can be taken as any sort of real indicator, it's sounding like a form of disenchantment, of US liberals, is taking hold. Hard to know, from a long way away. I'll be interested to see what others here have to say.

I became disenchanted in the 60s and never found reason to become re-enchanted.
rabel22

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 12:08 am
@edgarblythe,
AMEN!!!!!!!
0 Replies