Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 03:30 pm
MY 12 YEAR OLD STEP DAUGHTER GOT MAD AT ME AFTER I SPANKED HER WITH A BELT ON HER BOTTOM BECAUSE SHE LIED ABOUT DOING GOOD IN SCHOOL AND HID PROGRESS REPORTS FOR 6 WEEKS. THE NEXT DAY SHE WENT TO SCHOOL AND TOLD HER TEACHER. THE TEACHER CALLED CPS. WE HAVE NEVER HAD ANY ALLEGATIONS AGAINST US REGARDING THE KIDS OR ANYTHING ELSE. ME AND HER DAD HAVE STEADY JOBS AND HAVE HAD FULL CUSTODY OF HER SINCE SHE WAS 5. THEY HAVE GONE SO FAR BACK INTO OUR PAST. I AND HER DAD HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR 9 YEARS. WE HAVE A 7 YEAR OLD TOGETHER. OUR KIDS GO TO SCHOOL EVERYDAY. WHEN THE 12 YEAR OLD DOES HER WORK SHE MAKES GREAT GRADES. OUR 7 YEAR OLD MAKES STRAIGHT A'S. OUR KIDS DON'T GET SICK OFTEN, HARDLY MISS SCHOOL, AND NEVER HAVE BRUISES. THE 12 YEAR OLD IS A BLACK BELT IN KARATE AND OUR LITTLE ONE IS A GREEN BELT. WE USE ALL KINDS OF TOOLS AS DISCIPLINE. SPANKING WITH A BELT IS A LAST RESORT AND NOT A PUNISHMENT, BUT A CONSEQUENCE. CPS SAID THEY FOUND A REPORT THAT WAS FILES IN 99 ON HER DAD AND HER MOM FOR POT SMOKING. WE WERE NOT EVEN TOGETHER THEN. HE HAS NOT HAD ANYTHING ON HIS RECORD SINCE HE HAS BEEN WITH ME AND A COP DID NOT EVEN COME TO THERE DOOR IN 99. I AM SO SCARED. HE HAS TO TAKE A DRUG TEST, AND CPS DOESN'T TELL YOU MUCH. I AM SO MAD AT OUR 12 YEAR OLD BUT, LOVE HER SO MUCH. I AM MOST AFRAID TO LOOSE THEM BOTH BUT EVEN MORE AFRAID OF WHAT THIS IS GOING TO DO TO MY 7 YEAR OLD. CPS HAS GONE UP TO BOTH OF THERE SCHOOLS TO TALK TO THEM. I AND HER DAD HAVE BEEN TO THE CPS OFFICE TO TALK TO THEM. A POLICE OFFICER CAME TO OUR HOUSE. SHE CAN NOT SPEND ONE DAY IN THERE CUSTODY. ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN TO HER. I AM AN AWESOME MOM AND ALWAYS PUT MY KIDS FIRST. WHAT DO WE DO? HOW DO I MAKE THEM GO AWAY?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 19 • Views: 9,182 • Replies: 88

Rockhead

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 03:34 pm
@GOD IS FIRST,
that's a lot of drama and capital letters...

have you spoken with an attorney?

(and welcome to A2K)
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 03:37 pm

U are lucky that she did not beat u up
for what u did to her; just called the cops on u.
GOD IS FIRST

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 03:39 pm
@Rockhead,
Sorry rock head about the caps. I normally type in caps all the time. I don't get the yell thing over the computer. Yes I have spoke to an attorney, but we don't have enough money to get an attorney and without money they won’t advise us what to do. I spoke to a few and they didn't make me feel like they could help me much even if we did have the money. I was going to take a loan out for one but, I didn't want to pay that if we really don't need one.
djjd62

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 03:39 pm
@GOD IS FIRST,
GOD IS FIRST wrote:

WE USE ALL KINDS OF TOOLS AS DISCIPLINE. SPANKING WITH A BELT IS A LAST RESORT AND NOT A PUNISHMENT, BUT A CONSEQUENCE.
seems to me like a punishment

CPS SAID THEY FOUND A REPORT THAT WAS FILES IN 99 ON HER DAD AND HER MOM FOR POT SMOKING. HE HAS TO TAKE A DRUG TEST, AND CPS DOESN'T TELL YOU MUCH.
will he fail the drug test?
Rockhead

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 03:42 pm
@GOD IS FIRST,
I think you need legal advice.

(this is not a great place to get that)

but it's free...
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 03:43 pm

When u hit people,
u have to expect them to hit u back
in one form or another.
GOD IS FIRST

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 03:44 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
What did I do that was so bad? She lied and blamed everyone but herself for 6 weeks and made a 64 in math and 85 in PE. Who make an 85 in PE? Not to mention all her other grades dropped by a whole letter. I used many other things to try to get her to fix the problem and they did not work. I did not beat her with a belt. I popped her 3 times with a belt on her bottom. I did not even leave a red mark. Now she has gone up in every class so looks like it worked but, thanks for your opinion anyways.
GOD IS FIRST

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 03:45 pm
@djjd62,
No he will not fail it but, that is not the point. A twelve year old should not have that much control over an adult.
boomerang

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 03:47 pm
Calm down. CPS is just doing their job, they get a report, they investigate.

If you truly haven't done anything wrong besdes hitting your kid just this one time then they'll go away and leave you alone.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 03:48 pm
@GOD IS FIRST,
GOD IS FIRST wrote:
What did I do that was so bad?
U hit someone with a whip.
That was not BAD ENUF ?

U shoud stop hitting people with whips.

David
GOD IS FIRST

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 03:48 pm
@djjd62,
As far as spanking her with a belt on the bottom: That was the first one she had had in over six months. I believe the reason why you she so many kids robbing, rapping, and pillaging people at such a young age is because parents have been scared into not being parents.
sullyfish6

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 03:49 pm
Any adult who beats a child with a belt deserves to be looked at by an agency.

Hopefully you will be required to attend parenting classes and learn how to handle pre-teens. While they are challenging, they deserve being disciplined with a belt.
0 Replies

GOD IS FIRST

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 03:50 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Well if you want to look at it that way she hit first when she lied and hid things for 6 weeks. She let her self down.
0 Replies

dlowan

@GOD IS FIRST,
Being a parent does not mean belting your kids.

If that is your idea of being a parent, I hope this report assists you to access some better ideas.

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

@GOD IS FIRST,
GOD IS FIRST wrote:

No he will not fail it but, that is not the point.

A twelve year old should not have that much control over an adult.
I disagree; she defended her dignity. That is to her credit. She has my admiration.

David
GOD IS FIRST

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 03:52 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Well if you want to look at it that way she hit first when she lied and hid things for 6 weeks. She let her self down.

Do you even have kids?
djjd62

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 03:54 pm
@GOD IS FIRST,
i think 12 is a little to old for a spanking

as for kids, i think the problem has more to do with lack of parental involvement than corporal punishment
GOD IS FIRST

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 04:07 pm
@Rockhead,
Thank you for at least having a good suggestion.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 04:09 pm
@GOD IS FIRST,
you're welcome.

everyone hates the allcaps thing, someone else would have mentioned it...
0 Replies