wife left with kids for another man

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2010 08:55 am
hey
My partner and childhood sweetheart of 14 years decided that she was going to leave and take the kids, citing that i never looked after the kids and she felt no love towards me anymore. Im 35 and have two girls aged 5 and 8.
I love my kids more than anything in the world i would read stories to them every night without fail, went to all the school events and was the eldest soccer coach and loved the experiance.
At first i tried to save the relationship, we went to marriage councilling, and i thought that we were getting somwhere, but that all stopped when i found text messages from a single dad from our school. When i confronted her with the texts, she states "we are just friends", we go ahead with the seperation.
All the while she says things like "im keeping an open mind" and "Im not seeing anyone". Now we have been seperated for 8 months and i still miss my family. I was still trying hard for a reconciliation but recently the single dad has started spending time at her house and the kids tell me that they have sleepovers. What should i do. i want it to be better but i dont konw if i can?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,393 • Replies: 3
No top replies

engineer

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2010 10:14 am
@Kraken351974,
Welcome to A2K. Sorry to hear about your family. You need to see a family lawyer ASAP. It sounds as if the marriage is over, but your relationship with your children is not and you need get some help in maintaining your rights.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2010 04:03 pm
@Kraken351974,
Kraken351974 wrote:
All the while she says things like "im keeping an open mind" and "Im not seeing anyone". Now we have been seperated for 8 months and i still miss my family.

If I were a suspicious person, I'd say that she's not "keeping an open mind." Instead, she's attempting to establish that you two have been living apart for at least twelve months, which is one of the grounds for a no-fault divorce in a lot of states. In any event, eight months of separation is far too long to be sitting around waiting for her to change her mind: as Engineer points out, you need to get a lawyer involved and on your side right now so that you can protect your parental rights.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2010 05:13 pm
You may want for it to be better but sadly, she does not. Protect yourself and your relationship with your children.
0 Replies