Fri 14 Feb, 2014 06:54 am
@maltecozar,
Quote:
which beer is the best in the world?

The wet kind.
dalehileman

Fri 14 Feb, 2014 11:28 am
@anonymously99,
Interesting 99 you should so assert as my own objection to the US old-timers is mainly that they're all too dry
tsarstepan

Fri 14 Feb, 2014 12:15 pm
@dalehileman,
anonymously99 wrote:

Quote:
which beer is the best in the world?

The wet kind.

dalehileman wrote:

Interesting 99 you should so assert as my own objection to the US old-timers is mainly that they're all too dry

I think she was saying any beer is the best beer in the world. It's not an attack against your age or state of corporeal hydration. Not sure how you missed that softball pitch.
anonymously99

Fri 14 Feb, 2014 12:21 pm
@tsarstepan,
Dalehileman may be rather upset with me. For some reason.
dalehileman

Fri 14 Feb, 2014 12:38 pm
@anonymously99,
Quote:
Dalehileman may be rather upset with me. For some reason.
Not at all 99, you might be just a bit overly sensitive

By the way 99 are you the same contributor as Twin
anonymously99

Fri 14 Feb, 2014 01:20 pm
@dalehileman,
Flirting with me, ay?
dalehileman

Fri 14 Feb, 2014 01:24 pm
@anonymously99,
Quote:
Flirting with me, ay?
Not sure my BJH would approve
anonymously99

Fri 14 Feb, 2014 02:00 pm
@dalehileman,
And yet I'm taken seriously.
cicerone imposter

Fri 14 Feb, 2014 03:05 pm
@anonymously99,
My wife and I had lunch at Yoshida's in Cupertino where they serve a huge lunch for $9 bucks. I had the Sopporo beer; nice. I'll post a picture later.
dalehileman

Fri 14 Feb, 2014 04:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Sapporo's pretty good too
0 Replies

Ragman

Fri 14 Feb, 2014 07:10 pm
For beer treat:I'm pretty fond of Sierra Nevada - Pale Ale. I've got a frosty one and sipping from a frosted beer mug. Is this better than Bud? Oh hell, yes. Bud is donkey piss ..as is Pabst etc.

For every day beering:IMHO, good cheap but good beer is Yuengling Premium Lager, Amber, or Black and Tan. $4.50 to $5.5o per six pack. Is this better than Bud? Oh hell, yes. Bud is donkey piss ... as is Pabst etc.
cicerone imposter

Fri 14 Feb, 2014 07:18 pm
@Ragman,
Hey, Rags, quit talking about a beer I drink regularly! I'd have to do a blind test on you to see if you know what you're talking about. Mr. Green ++

I'm gonna have piss in one!
anonymously99

Fri 14 Feb, 2014 07:19 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
For beer treat:I'm pretty fond of Sierra Nevada - Pale Ale. I've got a frosty one and sipping from a frosted beer mug. Is this better than Bud? Oh hell, yes. Bud is donkey piss ..as is Pabst etc.

For every day beering:IMHO, good cheap but good beer is Yuengling Premium Lager, Amber, or Black and Tan. $4.50 to $5.5o per six pack. Is this better than Bud? Oh hell, yes. Bud is donkey piss ... as is Pabst etc.

Is this sold in the U.S.?
farmerman

Fri 14 Feb, 2014 07:25 pm
@Ragman,
have you tried the Yuengling Chesterfiled Ale? Its been almost two decades for me but I used to love Chesterfield with bologna sammiches or a small pizza with all kinds of salty **** on it (Anchovies pepperoni)
anonymously99

Fri 14 Feb, 2014 07:39 pm
@farmerman,
Something else.
0 Replies

panzade

Fri 14 Feb, 2014 07:44 pm
@farmerman,
Pa. brewed?
Ragman

Fri 14 Feb, 2014 07:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I think of you as a fairly discerning guy so I challenge you to a blind test (administered by your wife). I'll bet you'll prefer Sierra Nevada..for 'treat' beering and Yuengling for ever-day.
0 Replies

Ragman

Fri 14 Feb, 2014 07:58 pm
@farmerman,
Not yet, but I will. Beer brewing standards have gotten better (micro brews) in the last decade or decade-and-a-half or so. I'm always trying tasting food - wines, beer and coffee beans.

In a wholly differenty matter but still about tasting and foods with beers - I made a 15-bean Cajun soup with adding sautéed Andouille sausage. It was great, IMHO. 3 qts of soup disappeared in 1 week. I gave away some to an appreciative neighbor who not only complimented by saying it was great, he said he added no tabasco hot sauce. He's a born-and-bread Floridian too with the right spicy taste buds. Oh, yeah - he said Yuengling goes best with it.
0 Replies

Islasfoods

Sat 15 Feb, 2014 01:36 am
@BorisKitten,
I am big beer lover. and i like Kingfisher alot
0 Replies

farmerman

Sat 15 Feb, 2014 05:36 am
@panzade,
Oa AND Florida now. Yuengling opened 2 nnew modern breweries to take the press off their old Pottsville Pa brewery.
0 Replies