How come when someone dies, everyone acts like they never existed?

jespah

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2009 07:04 am
@msolga,
Yep. There are no rules for this, no measurements of success.

Chocolate milk and a banana (blended in) tonight, for a toast.
0 Replies

AbbieMcKenley

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2009 08:29 am
@Izzie,
Quote:
Hoping you were able to get some sleep.

Yep, not sure what time i went to sleep but i only just got up; its half two!
Lili would have jumped on me and woken me up aggggesss ago.
Todays the day i really didn't want to come, we're finialising the funeral plans and writing speaches. Neutral All she asked for was a purple coffin and for flowers she wants lily's, because they sound like her name. Apart from that, she wants a "surprise".
Izzie

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2009 08:48 am
@AbbieMcKenley,
Hey Abbie - good, you needed sleep hunni.

Just take the day as it comes - maybe try not to hold your feelings back - are you going to write something for Lilia? Perhaps you could put your words into a poem - talk from your heart and ya know, if you wanna laugh still with her, then write that laughter down too - don't worry about what others say or don't say - just you say what you would like to. Those little things you want to remember about her, personal to you, keep them in your mind and "surprise" her in your way. Celebrate her life and her strength.

I can actually picture your smiling as you wrote that she would have jumped on you to wake up.

You don't have to be big and brave and strong Abbie - just be you and do what you need to do for you and Lilia now.

We're thinking about you.
AbbieMcKenley

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2009 09:37 am
@Izzie,
Yeah i'm going to say something, i'm not sure what yet. I've written something but it doesn't sound right. It doesn't show how special she is.
I'm not very good at poems, they all sound like nursery rhymes, so i think i'll just stick to saying something. My brother and sister are doing a poem together, with my dads help writing it. I'll write it here when they've done, it's really sweet, she'll like it.
Izzie

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2009 09:44 am
@AbbieMcKenley,
Whatever you write or say, will be right... give yourself a little time to get it straight in your head - on the day, whatever you say, it will be right - and even if you are unable to speak out loud on the day, that will also be alright. There's no rule book with how you get through the next few days, weeks, months. No right or wrong. Just your way is the right way.

everyone will know how you feel about Lilia

beautiful avatar Abbie.

AbbieMcKenley

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2009 09:52 am
@Izzie,
Quote:
beautiful avatar Abbie

It was a really good day, we wen't out as a family this place on the river called spitchwick. She wasn't supposed to go in the water but you can't really tell Lili she can't do something, because that more or less guarentees she will.

Heres the poem;
Quote:

We're going to miss you Lilia,
We don’t know anyone sillier.
We though everyone was lying,
When they told us you might be dying.
But now you’ve passed away,
And we will miss you every day.
When we look up to the sky,
We will try not to cry.
In our hearts and our heads,
We know now you don’t need to keep taking horrid meds.
Now that you’re having fun,
And with the angels you run.
We will always love you,
And we know you love us too.
Love and hugs from you little sister May and little brother Indi.
mm25075

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2009 10:43 am
@AbbieMcKenley,
Very lovely poem Abbie.

My dear sweet Tasha kitty runs among the angels now as well. I have a feeling she will find your sweet sister and give her all the love we hold in our memories of them.
0 Replies