FreedomEyeLove

Sat 4 May, 2019 11:07 pm
@susief,
What ethnicity are you?
0 Replies

manishsharma12

Tue 7 May, 2019 04:28 am
@susief,
I think you should avoid rice for some time.
0 Replies

raghavmehta362

Tue 14 May, 2019 05:00 am
When you are taking rice before you have to drink some water, and eating rice with taking curd it will helpful for better swallow.
0 Replies

Kksristy

Sat 1 Jun, 2019 12:48 am
@susief,
Hey,suffering from chest pain during or after eating is not uncommon, unfortunately. There are many potential causes of chest pain in association with eating.some common cause of chest pain :
Food Allergies
Overeating
Gas Pain in the Chest
Eating Disorders.
Here is some remedy :
Consuming a cold glass of milk with a tablespoon of raw honey mixed in.
Eating yogurt as a regular part of your diet
Practicing some simple yoga postures designed to promote good digestion
0 Replies

kellmoon

Mon 26 Aug, 2019 08:17 am
Hi, reading this takes such a load off my mind. Every single post I can relate to. I ate some white rice a month or so ago and the pain in my chest and upper stomach- I too thought "I'm going to die". Water? Nope, makes it worse. I know my lower esophageal sphincter area has issues. I do think maybe I ate too big a dry forkful too quickly or something. Wow, it was SO SCARY. This has happened a few times with food.
0 Replies

kellmoon

Mon 26 Aug, 2019 08:20 am
@Cycloptichorn,
I hope I remember the arms over the head thing if it happens again -- I've also had issues with balsamic vinegar basically closing up my esophagus. And I love balsamic vinegar. Good times. :\
0 Replies

BrentFoust

Mon 30 Sep, 2019 03:58 am
@susief,
You might be suffering from rice allergy. It is an unusual reaction to proteins present in rice. Consult your physician and take appropriate medication to avoid serious allergic reaction called anaphylaxis.
0 Replies

Mariannewhite

Wed 23 Oct, 2019 05:52 pm
@susief,
I know rice takes Calcium from the bones, maybe you have problems because you have not much this element?
0 Replies

BrentFoust

Thu 14 Nov, 2019 12:15 am
@susief,
You might be allergic to rice or some component in bread. Avoid consuming these foods.Consult your doctor, he/she will suggest you appropriate treatment and gave you medicines for health
0 Replies

TooFriendly112

Wed 4 Dec, 2019 11:15 am
@susief,
That's because the rice is produced in third world countries where the water is infected with arsenic or cyanide metals from the factories

/TooFriendly
0 Replies

Melania90

Mon 20 Jan, 2020 02:16 am
@susief,
I have the same thing, and it's not the allergy. I was in a doctor and he said that sometimes it happens.
0 Replies

Marc greenberg

Sat 8 Feb, 2020 04:35 pm
This happened to me today for the first (and I hope the last) time.
I believe it was a combination of being a bit stressed ( I was hosting a really great elected official at an event) and I had been given a plate of food. While we were talking I just took a large forkful of yellow rice with gravy and swallowed it without chewing. It immediately felt like it got stuck halfway down my esophagus and wouldnt move. I started to feel sharp pain and spasms that felt like hiccups. I tried to throw up by all I could do was spit up lots of phlegm. It was very intense. For about 30 minutes the pain and spasms were very uncomfortable. When I tried to drink something, it got worse and it felt like the liquid was hitting a blockage. After another 30 minutes the frequency of spasms was slowing and after another 45 minutes, I started to relax and the intensity subsided substantially. It's been about 4 hours now, and I'm feeling no discomfort but still havent eaten or had anything to drink except a ginger candy (pepper mint candy is suggested according to what I have read this afternoon.

I think the main cause was not chewing the rice before swallowing it and the secondary cause was my stress about hosting the elected official ( who I know very well, but still felt stress hosting her at this meeting at my invitation). I'm hoping if I remember to chew well and relax, this wont happen to me again.
0 Replies

kati32

Wed 12 Feb, 2020 08:46 am
@susief,
There is no cure for food allergies, however there are some predictions that can be used to minimize the impact of an allergic reaction. Abstinence is the best way to prevent a reaction. For some people, even exposure to harmful food can cause severe reactions. Carefully read the label of the food contents to make sure the food does not contain allergens.

As the contents of the food change, you should occasionally double-check the form of food previously found to be safe for you. For people with allergies, avoid foods that are not labeled. When traveling, stay in hotels with small kitchens and prepare your own meals. Prepare specially prepared food with your destination. Always ask restaurant staff how to prepare food and its contents, for example if you Almonds are allergic to salad dressings made from walnut oil or foods that are cooked with peanut oil. Easily remove foods from your daily diet list until you have a clear allergen problem. Because this can lead to an unbalanced diet that can cause other health problems. Follow your doctor's decisions about your allergenic foods safely.

Allergic reactions can be alleviated by various medications. If you have inadvertently eaten an allergic reaction, the antihistamine anti-allergic drug can relieve the symptoms of gastrointestinal, urticaria, sneezing and runny nose. Give. Bronchodilators can be a way to relieve symptoms of shortness of breath. Anaphylactic reaction requires immediate medical attention. Corticosteroids are needed to relieve the symptoms of recurrent anaphylactic shock and may be needed in the event of severe adrenaline infusion. People at risk of having injectable adrenaline that may be needed to stabilize the anaphylactic reaction They should talk to their doctor before they can be treated in a medical setting. Protecting children from food allergies needs special precautions. To prevent child food reactions, preparations or modified protein formulas Can help kids against allergies Talk to your doctor about choosing different formulas available. Learn how to treat your child against foods that cause allergy symptoms and talk to your doctor about different treatment options. About your child's allergies and treatment Keep the medical staff informed that the level of allergy in the first two years of a baby's life is lower if she feeds the first six to twelve months exclusively from the mother's milk, in addition to if the mother is fed the eggs, cow's milk. Avoid peanuts and fish, help reduce the risk of eczema in your child.

0 Replies

john2222

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 01:43 am
Normally, when a person swallows food, the sphincter under the esophagus expands, allowing the food to enter the stomach. When food reaches the stomach, the subesophageal sphincter contracts to prevent the stomach contents from flowing back into the esophagus.

If the subesophageal sphincter is abnormally dilated, stomach acid can return to the esophagus and cause heartburn. Bending or lying down can aggravate the symptoms of heartburn.

The subesophageal sphincter is the high pressure area near the stomach from the lower end of the esophagus, which can prevent the gastric contents from entering the esophagus upstream. Because of the function similar to the sphincter, it is called the subesophageal sphincter.

If you experience heartburn, eating Fried foods, spicy foods, fatty foods, or drinking alcohol and coffee may reproduce the experience.

Lying down immediately after eating can also cause heartburn. In addition, being overweight or pregnant also increases the risk of heartburn.
0 Replies

daye8

Mon 12 Oct, 2020 10:19 pm
I was so glad to find these posts. I have had this for YEARS. Not always - maybe two or three times a year? Maybe not that often. But it's always rice. Tonight I had one small bite with gravy. Then a second bite and I knew I was in trouble. The pain was excruciating. Felt like something stuck at the top of my throat, and like a massive muscle spasm a little lower down. And hiccoughs with it.
I tried deep breathing relaxation, tried coughing hard (that was excruciating. DON'T do that.) Tried pounding myself on the chest. (Don't do that, either.)

Usually it goes away in 15 minutes but this time it lasted over an hour.

Finally I took a really, really tiny sip of Sprite. The pain went sky high for a few minutes.

Then it began to effervesce. I began to have tiny little micro-burps of sweet, frothy bubbles; one every few minutes; each one followed by a little relief.

Eventually two tiny bits of rice came up with the bubbles, and then the pain began subsiding more.

What an ordeal. I eat rice often, with no problems. No idea why this happens sometimes. (I have absolutely no symptoms of acid reflux. IDK if there is a more silent type of GERD or not.)
0 Replies

Aloanstar

Thu 26 Nov, 2020 10:50 am
I have this problem, but not just with rice. If I eat cold noodles or potatoes also. They have to be hot and rice must be in a sauce or liquid. One day if was so bad my throat closed off. I couldn’t drink anything and had to concentrate to slowly breath through my nose. I was alone and panicked between the chest pain, worrying about dying with no way to call and alert anyone, because I couldn’t talk. It took a good 15 minutes to pass. It has gotten much worse as I have gotten older, those things used to give me hiccups when I was younger. I thought it must have something to do with starches, but I never worried too much until that last incident.
0 Replies

Aloanstar

Thu 26 Nov, 2020 11:04 am
@jrrmn,
I honestly thought I was going to die also! I was doubled over, realizing this was going to be my last few minutes to live, then I realized I could breathe through my nose, so I just concentrated on doing that until the pain passes and my throat opened back up finally. It was extremely scary for awhile.
0 Replies

bhoover

Sat 9 Jan, 2021 10:56 am
Same here! Just had it happen with rice I was having with breakfast. The eggs and sausage went down without a problem, even toast and jam, no problem but the rice just wouldn't go down. It happens every time I eat rice. Hate this happens to anyone but glad I'm not the only one
0 Replies

bracknelson123

Mon 22 Mar, 2021 12:58 am
@susief,
It is likely to be due to gastritis. I would recommend you to take an ECG and rule out any cardiac involvement. You will need antacids. The following steps may help:
1. Reduce/ Avoid spicy, fried, fatty, junk, and oily food
2. Avoid/ Limit drinking coffee, tea, and carbonated drinks to once a day
3. Exercise daily
4. Increase regular intake of water to 3liters
0 Replies