102

Chest pain when eating rice.

sumita12sofat

0  
Reply Sat 4 May, 2019 05:42 am
@susief,
yes it is problem

1  
Reply Sat 4 May, 2019 04:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Interesting article on rice allergy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_allergy

FreedomEyeLove

0  
Reply Sat 4 May, 2019 11:07 pm
@susief,
What ethnicity are you?

manishsharma12

0  
Reply Tue 7 May, 2019 04:28 am
@susief,
I think you should avoid rice for some time.

raghavmehta362

0  
Reply Tue 14 May, 2019 05:00 am
When you are taking rice before you have to drink some water, and eating rice with taking curd it will helpful for better swallow.

Kksristy

-1  
Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2019 12:48 am
@susief,
Hey,suffering from chest pain during or after eating is not uncommon, unfortunately. There are many potential causes of chest pain in association with eating.some common cause of chest pain :
Food Allergies
Overeating
Gas Pain in the Chest
Eating Disorders.
Here is some remedy :
Consuming a cold glass of milk with a tablespoon of raw honey mixed in.
Eating yogurt as a regular part of your diet
Practicing some simple yoga postures designed to promote good digestion

kellmoon

1  
Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2019 08:17 am
Hi, reading this takes such a load off my mind. Every single post I can relate to. I ate some white rice a month or so ago and the pain in my chest and upper stomach- I too thought "I'm going to die". Water? Nope, makes it worse. I know my lower esophageal sphincter area has issues. I do think maybe I ate too big a dry forkful too quickly or something. Wow, it was SO SCARY. This has happened a few times with food.

kellmoon

1  
Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2019 08:20 am
@Cycloptichorn,
I hope I remember the arms over the head thing if it happens again -- I've also had issues with balsamic vinegar basically closing up my esophagus. And I love balsamic vinegar. Good times. :\

BrentFoust

-1  
Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2019 03:58 am
@susief,
You might be suffering from rice allergy. It is an unusual reaction to proteins present in rice. Consult your physician and take appropriate medication to avoid serious allergic reaction called anaphylaxis.

Mariannewhite

-3  
Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2019 05:52 pm
@susief,
I know rice takes Calcium from the bones, maybe you have problems because you have not much this element?

BrentFoust

-2  
Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2019 12:15 am
@susief,
You might be allergic to rice or some component in bread. Avoid consuming these foods.Consult your doctor, he/she will suggest you appropriate treatment and gave you medicines for health

TooFriendly112

-2  
Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2019 11:15 am
@susief,
That's because the rice is produced in third world countries where the water is infected with arsenic or cyanide metals from the factories

/TooFriendly

Melania90

-1  
Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2020 02:16 am
@susief,
I have the same thing, and it's not the allergy. I was in a doctor and he said that sometimes it happens.

Marc greenberg

0  
Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 04:35 pm
This happened to me today for the first (and I hope the last) time.
I believe it was a combination of being a bit stressed ( I was hosting a really great elected official at an event) and I had been given a plate of food. While we were talking I just took a large forkful of yellow rice with gravy and swallowed it without chewing. It immediately felt like it got stuck halfway down my esophagus and wouldnt move. I started to feel sharp pain and spasms that felt like hiccups. I tried to throw up by all I could do was spit up lots of phlegm. It was very intense. For about 30 minutes the pain and spasms were very uncomfortable. When I tried to drink something, it got worse and it felt like the liquid was hitting a blockage. After another 30 minutes the frequency of spasms was slowing and after another 45 minutes, I started to relax and the intensity subsided substantially. It's been about 4 hours now, and I'm feeling no discomfort but still havent eaten or had anything to drink except a ginger candy (pepper mint candy is suggested according to what I have read this afternoon.

I think the main cause was not chewing the rice before swallowing it and the secondary cause was my stress about hosting the elected official ( who I know very well, but still felt stress hosting her at this meeting at my invitation). I'm hoping if I remember to chew well and relax, this wont happen to me again.

kati32

0  
Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2020 08:46 am
@susief,
There is no cure for food allergies, however there are some predictions that can be used to minimize the impact of an allergic reaction. Abstinence is the best way to prevent a reaction. For some people, even exposure to harmful food can cause severe reactions. Carefully read the label of the food contents to make sure the food does not contain allergens.

As the contents of the food change, you should occasionally double-check the form of food previously found to be safe for you. For people with allergies, avoid foods that are not labeled. When traveling, stay in hotels with small kitchens and prepare your own meals. Prepare specially prepared food with your destination. Always ask restaurant staff how to prepare food and its contents, for example if you Almonds are allergic to salad dressings made from walnut oil or foods that are cooked with peanut oil. Easily remove foods from your daily diet list until you have a clear allergen problem. Because this can lead to an unbalanced diet that can cause other health problems. Follow your doctor's decisions about your allergenic foods safely.

Allergic reactions can be alleviated by various medications. If you have inadvertently eaten an allergic reaction, the antihistamine anti-allergic drug can relieve the symptoms of gastrointestinal, urticaria, sneezing and runny nose. Give. Bronchodilators can be a way to relieve symptoms of shortness of breath. Anaphylactic reaction requires immediate medical attention. Corticosteroids are needed to relieve the symptoms of recurrent anaphylactic shock and may be needed in the event of severe adrenaline infusion. People at risk of having injectable adrenaline that may be needed to stabilize the anaphylactic reaction They should talk to their doctor before they can be treated in a medical setting. Protecting children from food allergies needs special precautions. To prevent child food reactions, preparations or modified protein formulas Can help kids against allergies Talk to your doctor about choosing different formulas available. Learn how to treat your child against foods that cause allergy symptoms and talk to your doctor about different treatment options. About your child's allergies and treatment Keep the medical staff informed that the level of allergy in the first two years of a baby's life is lower if she feeds the first six to twelve months exclusively from the mother's milk, in addition to if the mother is fed the eggs, cow's milk. Avoid peanuts and fish, help reduce the risk of eczema in your child.

john2222

0  
Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2020 01:43 am
Normally, when a person swallows food, the sphincter under the esophagus expands, allowing the food to enter the stomach. When food reaches the stomach, the subesophageal sphincter contracts to prevent the stomach contents from flowing back into the esophagus.

If the subesophageal sphincter is abnormally dilated, stomach acid can return to the esophagus and cause heartburn. Bending or lying down can aggravate the symptoms of heartburn.

The subesophageal sphincter is the high pressure area near the stomach from the lower end of the esophagus, which can prevent the gastric contents from entering the esophagus upstream. Because of the function similar to the sphincter, it is called the subesophageal sphincter.

If you experience heartburn, eating Fried foods, spicy foods, fatty foods, or drinking alcohol and coffee may reproduce the experience.

Lying down immediately after eating can also cause heartburn. In addition, being overweight or pregnant also increases the risk of heartburn.