Another reason why I'm against capital punishment

BillRM

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 12:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
Ok no amount of logic or common sense is going to matter to you.

The DC sniper and Ted Bundy might someone just not be guilty even those we have a moutain of evidences otherwise or the gemtleman who bury the little girl and confess to this might somehow not be guilty or the Major who in front of hundreds of withnesses kill 12 solders and wound 31 others.

Be it known however that you are not going to be able to even limit the death penalty with the strange position you are taking.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 01:14 pm

U know, its ONE thing to be forgiving and to waive your natural right to get even,
but it is VERY DIFFERENT to demand that no one else be avenged in kind, EITHER.

David
djjd62

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 01:20 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
agreed, that's why i'm opposed to capital punishment, but support the right for it to be enforced if that's the law

there is the occasional rumble of bringing back capital punishment to canada, if it was done i would prefer that it was done by referendum, if the majority said yes, well i'd have to live with it
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 01:24 pm
@BillRM,
From my perspective, it is you that does not allow logic or common sense in. I don't know how to reach you, because nothing so far seems to have registered.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 01:25 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
If you were ever wrongfully convicted, I bet you would change your mind about a lot of these things, david.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 01:25 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

agreed, that's why i'm opposed to capital punishment, but support the right for it to be enforced if that's the law

there is the occasional rumble of bringing back capital punishment to canada, if it was done i would prefer that it was done by referendum, if the majority said yes, well i'd have to live with it
Did u c my invitation to lasanya for dinner tomorrow nite ?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 01:29 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
If you were ever wrongfully convicted,
I bet you would change your mind about a lot of these things, david.
Like WHAT, specifically ?
If I were about to be killed because of a rongful conviction,
my last words woud be:
" I support capital punishment, in the interests of justice,
but its important to get the right guy before u execute the penalty. "
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 01:31 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
no i didn't

thank you, but time and distance make me have to offer my regrets

maybe someday
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 03:29 pm
@Linkat,
Quote:
According to many legal stuff animals (if pets) are considered property so they are in a different grouping than people.
Surely this in no way justifys treating people worse than animals ?
Linkat

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 03:57 pm
@Ionus,
No, just our legal rules - not an expert on all the laws but I have heard you can only recuperate monetary wise, the value of the pet. Although there are some laws to protect animals from abuse.
Ionus

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 04:04 pm
@Linkat,
Agreed. I would like to see someone treat an animal the way we treat prisoners and get away with it.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 05:57 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
Agreed. I would like to see someone treat an animal
the way we treat prisoners and get away with it.
I am sympathetic to the contentment n well being of animals
(offering them fine gourmet dining)
but I am at a loss to understand your thinking
about their treatment in this matter.

What do u have in mind ?
Ionus

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 07:13 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
An animal can not be kept in solitary confinement for months. An animal can not be put in a cage with another animal that will tear it to shreds. An animal can not be locked up without the prospect of release.
BillRM

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 09:53 pm
@Ionus,
You just put a dangerous animal down and had done with it and before society became wealthy enough to keep men lockup for years that what happen to human troublemakers.

In my visit to Colonial Williamsburg they cover the fact that at best you got one pass from a death sentence and was then banded and if you then was dumb enough to commit another serious crime you was hung.

We are not talking about murder but just a felony type offense that might not even get you a jail sentence nowdays.

Perhaps we are too wealthy and too welling to tie up resources keeping worthless and dangerous men and women alive.

Ionus

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 11:08 pm
@BillRM,
Definetly. In previous years, 50% of children died before they were 5. That put things in perspective. We now live in a society where people are so scared of death because it has been alienated, we will tolerate the ridiculous. Animals have more rights than humans. Life in prison is cruel and unusual punishment. The death penalty that befalls murderers is a better death than they could have hoped for by remaining in society. Many people die cruel painful deaths. Murderers will be the lucky ones.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 11:20 pm
Just a note to anyone other than Ionus or BillRM who might still be following this thread:

I have abandoned it to the slavering wolves. Let 'em have it. I don't even monitor this runaway disaster of a thread any more. Adios, amigos.
Ionus

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 11:22 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Buenos dias, muchacho...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2009 05:30 am
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:

Just a note to anyone other than Ionus or BillRM who might still be following this thread:

I have abandoned it to the slavering wolves. Let 'em have it. I don't even monitor this runaway disaster of a thread any more. Adios, amigos.

I followed it yesterday. One of the gentlemen you mention has been on ignore lately. Bill and david have not offered anything new, so as of now I am abandoning it also.
Francis

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2009 06:49 am
Ionus wrote:
Life in prison is cruel and unusual punishment. The death penalty that befalls murderers is a better death than they could have hoped for by remaining in society. Many people die cruel painful deaths. Murderers will be the lucky ones.

I'm pleased that you show such feelings of mercifulness.

Your compassionate treatment of murderers, putting them to death to avoid them utterly suffering, is worth praising..
dlowan

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2009 07:18 am
@Merry Andrew,
Pity. Poor thread.

0 Replies