HexHammer

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 09:50 pm
@north,
My good north, I'm sorry if I'm an arrogant and stupid prick, but I will not begin to explain basic psycology and very basic neuroscience for you, please look it up.
north

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 09:53 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer wrote:

My good north, I'm sorry if I'm an arrogant and stupid prick, but I will not begin to explain basic psycology and very basic neuroscience for you, please look it up.

well I assumed that you had some Ideas of your own

apparently I was wrong

so should we define intelligence as those , for an arguement basis , and thinking ,refer to a book(s)
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 04:38 am
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:

The process of creating one's own reality.
The Pentacle Queen wrote:

There's no 'like' button on A2K... to used to facebook. But that would have got my thumbs up cyracuz.
1) I find it weird that PQ has such absense of own discussion, and so blatantly exclusivly replies to stupid answers.

2) if PQ really wanted to know about IQ and such, PQ would have googled it.

3) PQ seems only to be an attention whore who ask silly questions.
Cyracuz

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 05:27 am
@HexHammer,
Quote:
1) I find it weird that PQ has such absense of own discussion, and so blatantly exclusivly replies to stupid answers.

Surprised

Shocked

Confused

Laughing Laughing Laughing

It wouldn't be nearly as funny if anyone else said that...
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 09:02 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer wrote:

Cyracuz wrote:

There's no 'like' button on A2K... to used to facebook. But that would have got my thumbs up cyracuz.

2) if PQ really wanted to know about IQ and such, PQ would have googled it.

3) PQ seems only to be an attention whore who ask silly questions.

What an idiotic post.

1. What is weird about not contributing much yourself and letting other people speak when it was you asking the question in the first place? I only respond to posts that I feel I can properly comment on or have anything to add to. If you think the only posts I respond to are silly ones then why did you complain on the 'philosophy of love' thread the other day that I hadn't written back to you? And I am the attention whore? Laughing
2. Is this an unfunny joke or an idiotic statement? Since when was intelligence defined by 'IQ and such'?
3. Love the way this directly contradicts 'absence of own discussion'.
Do you want to get over the fact that someone you don't know on the internet talked slightly more to someone else you don't know on the internet?
The Pentacle Queen

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 09:07 am
@The Pentacle Queen,
And what the **** was wrong with 'the process of creating one's own reality'? Does someone else do yours for you? Smile
HexHammer

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 09:21 am
@The Pentacle Queen,
1. What is weird about not contributing much yourself and letting other people speak when it was you asking the question in the first place? I only respond to posts that I feel I can properly comment on or have anything to add to. If you think the only posts I respond to are silly ones then why did you complain on the 'philosophy of love' thread the other day that I hadn't written back to you? And I am the attention whore? Laughing
It's very simple, when you doesn't respond to my factual posts, but only to "feel good statemens" then what am I to think?

2. Is this an unfunny joke or an idiotic statement? Since when was intelligence defined by 'IQ and such'?
Do you want to get over the fact that someone you don't know on the internet talked slightly more to someone else you don't know on the internet?
For any reasonable intelligent and enlighten person, would know that for almost half a century intelligence has been messured by IQ tests. If you actually are intelligent you would argue IQ tests are a poor messurment, and only messures a few select intelligences.

PQ you don't have a clue about anything at all.
The Pentacle Queen

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 09:48 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer wrote:

It's very simple, when you doesn't respond to my factual posts, but only to "feel good statemens" then what am I to think?

For any reasonable intelligent and enlighten person, would know that for almost half a century intelligence has been messured by IQ tests. If you actually are intelligent you would argue IQ tests are a poor messurment, and only messures a few select intelligences.

Of course I agree with your last statement, which is what I meant- 'who the **** thinks that's a great definition'.

About 'feel good statements'. I see what you mean by this, but I don't agree. What are the exact statements you have such a problem with? I'd be interested.

Quote:

PQ you don't have a clue about anything at all.

Well I never claimed I did! Otherwise why would I have asked the question? If you really do think I'm an idiot and my threads are silly then why don't you just stop posting on them all and stop getting offended when I don't give you enough attention?
HexHammer

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 10:16 am
@The Pentacle Queen,
I must ask for time to give a forfilling and reasonable answer, it will require that I look back on several old threads, and link them ..etc.

The short answer that I can give now, is that the one who ask for knowledge and wisdom, those are whom I will give what I have of knowledge and wisdom, but when it goes unaffected and unappriciated to oblivion, then I begin to question why a person will ask anything.
But it seems that it isn't lost on you, which is why I bother to keep kicking around.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 10:32 am
I think real intelligence is based on ones ability to find the correct answers when any life-changing question is raised.

I do not believe in IQ tests, because they are based on the author's own knowledge. Many humans have knowledge in some areas that may be academic while others may have knowledge of the arts. No one has knowledge about all areas of human knowledge. There are also levels of knowledge, and the ability to apply knowledge correctly.

There are some children who can complete university study at a very young age with excellent scholarship. I believe they have the potential to define ultimate intelligence.

0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 11:38 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer wrote:

I must ask for time to give a forfilling and reasonable answer, it will require that I look back on several old threads, and link them ..etc.

The short answer that I can give now, is that the one who ask for knowledge and wisdom, those are whom I will give what I have of knowledge and wisdom, but when it goes unaffected and unappriciated to oblivion, then I begin to question why a person will ask anything.
But it seems that it isn't lost on you, which is why I bother to keep kicking around.

Well to be honest I think you should just hack the fact that so far I've found Cy's posts more intelligent and engaging than yours. No offense, but it's pretty audacious to presume that I'm not appreciating your wisdom properly, and I don't really think it's very 'wise' to seek appreciation in the first place.
I would be grateful it if you did find the threads and give me a proper answer to that question. A tendency to generalise and seek enjoyable mental frames is something I admit I do, so I will reread the thread and analyse my own interaction.
The Pentacle Queen

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 11:44 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer wrote:

I have my own definition, but I'd like to hear others first.
pq x
- to rationalize things
- to predict outcome
- to comprehend conjunction between things without previous knowledge
- to be able to categorize things
- to be able to alter the certain aspects of an algorithm/teachings
- to question teaching
- to invent
..etc

Above points can fit any of our 12 main intelligences.

Yeah, well I agree with this list of qualities, I just don't have much to add. You said this, then you had a bit of a go at jackoftradesphil, and then you didn't really say much more. What do you want me to say?
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 12:23 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
Well to be honest I think you should just hack the fact that so far I've found Cy's posts more intelligent and engaging than yours. No offense, but it's pretty audacious to presume that I'm not appreciating your wisdom properly, and I don't really think it's very 'wise' to seek appreciation in the first place.
I would be grateful it if you did find the threads and give me a proper answer to that question. A tendency to generalise and seek enjoyable mental frames is something I admit I do, so I will reread the thread and analyse my own interaction.
Since you now have actually brought up these very point I would discuss in my long answer, I see no need for the longer answer.

If you knew more about psycology, you would know Cy' is what I would judge as a bit skitzo, and his answers are noting more than good sounding rethorical babble, which are unscientific and pure spekulation.

Besides I belive it's common curtesy when starting a new topic and asking a question, then commenting replies given, ofcase you can't keep youself stuck forever, but least when people tries to give a dilligent answer then comment it, either you can agree or disagree, if undetermined then say so.
HexHammer

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 12:29 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
Cyracuz wrote:

I'm puzzled that you can find this as an "intelligent answer"
The Pentacle Queen

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 12:31 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer wrote:

Since you now have actually brought up these very point I would discuss in my long answer, I see no need for the longer answer.

If you knew more about psycology, you would know Cy' is what I would judge as a bit skitzo, and his answers are noting more than good sounding rethorical babble, which are unscientific and pure spekulation.

Besides I belive it's common curtesy when starting a new topic and asking a question, then commenting replies given, ofcase you can't keep youself stuck forever, but least when people tries to give a dilligent answer then comment it, either you can agree or disagree, if undetermined then say so.

I entirely disagree with you; I have never seen Cy post anything that wasn't intelligent.
Sorry but I am not going to put people off reading my threads by posting 'i don't have anything to say back, but thanks for the response!' after every post. I never expect it when I post on other people's threads, it's nice but I have no problem with it being pure discussion.
HexHammer

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 12:35 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
I entirely disagree with you; I have never seen Cy post anything that wasn't intelligent.
Sorry but I am not going to put people off reading my threads by posting 'i don't have anything to say back, but thanks for the response!' after every post. I never expect it when I post on other people's threads, it's nice but I have no problem with it being pure discussion.
My main point is, is making you think and ponder why this annoying/obnoxious HexHammer wants you to "see" Cy' as an unintelligent skitzo, and Hex's answers more intelligent thatn Cy's.

I sorely hope some day that you will realize why, that's all I want. I have nothing more relevant to say.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 12:35 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer wrote:

Cyracuz wrote:

I'm puzzled that you can find this as an "intelligent answer"

Ok, I'll say why I think it's intelligent: because it highlights a really high degree of self perception I've seen demonstrated elsewhere, that what we term 'reality' is constructed by a mental effort to order our sense experience (through language).

Now you say why you think it isn't intelligent.
HexHammer

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 12:43 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
Ok, I'll say why I think it's intelligent: because it highlights a really high degree of self perception I've seen demonstrated elsewhere, that what we term 'reality' is constructed by a mental effort to order our sense experience (through language).

Now you say why you think it isn't intelligent.
Think this beautiful rethorical ..ehh..thing may end up as a "The Emperor's New Cloth" category, a self delusion, wishful thinking.

Specially I base my conclusion on this thread http://able2know.org/reply/post-3653203/quote/

Love for the most time is the exact opposit of wisdom, it is foolish and idiotic.

I'm talking about love in a romantic sense, but also a 'love for the world.'
Bertrand Russell once said, 'love is wise, hatred is foolish.'

If this 'love' for the world is as profound as I think the implications are, then could love between two people (who think dualistically) in the romantic sense be this profound realisation 'manifest' or 'objectified' thus why it is so important to most human life?
How would a non-dualist 'love' in a romantic sense? Surely phrases such as 'I love you' or more importantly 'I do' are rendered meaningless. Wink

I have read/been told on numerous occasions about love being central to wisdom, and each time thought it was pure sentimentalism and instantly dismissed it until I thought about it in this sense.

If anyone could help sharpen this up I would appreciate it.
pq x
HexHammer

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 12:49 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
My good PQ, I must thank you for taking time to reason and rationalize with me, I appologize for my usual brute approach that lacks diplomatic messures.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 01:56 pm
@HexHammer,
Quote:

Good one Wink

Moments like this is why I have you on "follow user" Hex. You are always so scientifically accurate and I so admire your tendency to rely strictly on the facts. Cool