reasoning logic

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2011 06:25 pm
I sure hope that one day I might find out what intelligence means!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnPcLIiUOp8&feature=uploademail
HexHammer

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2011 08:20 pm
@talk72000,
talk72000 wrote:

The mutations that don't survive just die off. The survivors pass on their genes.
I don't understand this pleonasm?! ..those who doesn't survive the mutation dies off? ..that's nonsens.

A good factor of mutation is through genetic memory, the children of a smith can heir the strength.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2011 08:23 pm
Quote:
The mutations that don't thrive (is it?) just die off. The survivors pass on their genes.

It must be a mistake...certainly not intentional...
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2011 08:27 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Either way would be correct or am I wrong?
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2011 02:54 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Thanks. I should written that the mutants that are outcompeted would die off and the mutations would not survive.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2011 03:17 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
In addition, I have gripes against geneticists who really have no idea what all those genes do especially the "junk" genes and they are behind all the cloning and genetically modified foods and animals. Those "junk" genes could be activated if they screw up our food supply and we may have human-beasts roaming around.
0 Replies

Dasein

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 11:05 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

I sure hope that one day I might find out what intelligence means!

Why? - LOL
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 04:24 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
There is also a correlation with the introduction of genetically modified foods and decrease in the health of people with various diseases and illness.

http://pakalert.wordpress.com/2009/05/10/50-harmful-effects-of-genetically-modified-gm-foods/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_security
http://www.i-sis.org.uk/GM_Food_Angel_or_Devil.php
http://gmwatch.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11861:millions-have-died-over-gm-crops-king-
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2011 10:28 pm
@reasoning logic,
rl, Intelligence is over-rated. What's more important is humanity and humility.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 08:26 am
@cicerone imposter,
I do agree with you! I seen this movie that seems to go in-depth about humanity! I like what they are trying to bring forward even though I do not agree with all of what they say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z9WVZddH9w&feature=related
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 11:29 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

rl, Intelligence is over-rated. What's more important is humanity and humility.
And what has humility to do with anything? Intelligence usually makes things run smooth, if we had retards to do surgery ...oh wait ..I'll find some random idiot to do surgery on you next time you'll need some.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 11:44 am
@HexHammer,
HH, Think again; you just haven't looked at the big picture. You say "intelligence usually makes things run smooth," but you limit your anecdote to "surgery."

How about war machines (firebombs, nukes, machine gun, bombers, poison chemicals), drugs and vitamins that harms, toys with lead, pollution (CO2, smog, chemicals in fresh water), fraud, politics (wars, violence, support of tyrants), etc., etc., etc...

Smoothly? ROFLMAO

HexHammer

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 11:59 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

HH, Think again; you just haven't looked at the big picture. You say "intelligence usually makes things run smooth," but you limit your anecdote to "surgery."

How about war machines (firebombs, nukes, machine gun, bombers, poison chemicals), drugs and vitamins that harms, toys with lead, pollution (CO2, smog, chemicals in fresh water), fraud, politics (wars, violence, support of tyrants), etc., etc., etc...

Smoothly? ROFLMAO

Dude, please stop speaking out your ass. I would like you to say something intelligent, if you can.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 12:04 pm
@HexHammer,
You must now resort to ad hominems; you are one dumb dude.

Why don't you attack what I said rather than the messenger?
HexHammer

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 12:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

You must now resort to ad hominems; you are one dumb dude.

Why don't you attack what I said rather than the messenger?
Just say something intelligent, and I'll give an intelligent answer, it shouldn't be very difficult, well maybe for you.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 12:44 pm
@HexHammer,
So, you can't. Understood.
JLNobody

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 03:00 pm
There, it happened again. I wrote a long post (long for me) and it suddenly disappeared. Is that happening to anyone else. If so, contact me regarding a class-action suit.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 03:20 pm
@JLNobody,
I hate when that happens! I normally just give up.
0 Replies

yul505ab

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 03:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I agree with cicerone imposter. In the long run gentle intelligence wins out. Animals cannot outwit us at technology, no doubt, hexammer is right in that respect. But they can outsurvive us because in evolution their brain development stopped and their survival created the environment that allowed other creatures, including ourselves and themselves, to develop , thrive and multiply and create new species. Intelligence is already designed into the fabric of life. Imagine if the only creature on earth was the human, we would have to eat each other. So intelligence is not just math, physics, engineering, etc . ,its something to do with creating the right conditions to survive which does not come from our brains. Our brains are just a part of the picture, maybe good, maybe bad, well see how we behave in the future and how we control our aggressivity to prevent destruction. The timing of events, or call it chance, is beyond our intelligence, we can predict the weather, but not the future. Will globalisation spread disease and wipe us all out? Will man develop a better brain or a different brain, or lose it all? Can we control that with the knowledge of the universe that we have, how much more should we know to be master of our destiny? There is something moral we need and lack, in my opinion, which is not necessarily found in religious books, which are, by the way, mostly human creation and fantasy, and sometimes manipulative instruments. Dummies we are, relative to the unknown. Smarties we are when we think we know everything! So today, the earth has stood still, my spaceship is waiting… be good and have a sense of humor!
HexHammer

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 05:40 pm
@yul505ab,
yul505ab wrote:
But they can outsurvive us because in evolution their brain development stopped and their survival created the environment that allowed other creatures, including ourselves and themselves, to develop , thrive and multiply and create new species.
Uhmmmm ..I'm afraid you are totally wrong. Most animal rights groups moan and whine about endangerd species and too many extinct species, that doesn't relate to what you say at all.