internet marriage/matrimony sites

brahmin

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 11:51 pm
Does anyone know of any good internet marriage site where actual hook ups take place.

someone once offered to marry me 5 years ago and i declined. now she has moved on and i am on my own - with no woman in my life.

i am 30 and want to get married. is there a way?

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 12:12 am
@brahmin,
I never heard of internet marriage sites. Dating sites? Yes. Though I never used any personally. Do you reside in India or elsewhere? Just curious....
msolga

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 12:38 am
@tsarstepan,
Oh they definitely exist, tsar. In almost any impoverished country on the planet there are potential brides available for men looking. Often these women cannot afford to be exactly choisey & sometimes they agree to marry in the hope of supporting their families back home. There are some truly gut wrenching stories about the treatment of some of these women by their marriage partners in Oz. It has become quite an issue for women activists representing particular ethnic groups. The problem is, their ongoing citizenship depends on remaining with in the marriage (at leat for a time) & many are too intimidated to approach the authorities when abuse occurs. I'm sure there are also instances where such a marriage suits both parties, but the unhappy instances (for the foreign-born wives) are all too common. Sigh.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 12:44 am
Sorry, Brahmin, I didn't exactly answer your question, did I?

It is very easy to find these sites online. Just Google your thread heading. I imagine this would be enough.

I once Googled "Ukraine", for my own purposes & received page after page after page of sites for Ukrainian wives! Surprised (Things were pretty tough in Ukraine at the time.)
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 12:48 am
thats ok. i am a nice guy. not saying i am a model of virtue or anything, but no one need fear abuse or mistreatment.

and i am in usa.
msolga

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 12:51 am
@brahmin,
I'm very glad & relieved to hear you're a nice guy, Brahmin!
brahmin

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 12:55 am
@msolga,
haha
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 12:57 am
@msolga,
BTW I not suggesting that all Australian men who enter marriages via this route are utter bastards. I'm sure that many aren't. It's just that the very worst appear to believe that they've "bought" their bride, so therefore it's all on their terms. I have great compassion for the women who find themselves in such a sad predicament. Too often they are the "meat in the sandwich" between their husbands & the expectations of their families back home.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 02:06 am
@brahmin,
Why in the world do you want to get married?
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 08:32 pm
cos being alone isnt fun
msolga

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 08:35 pm
@brahmin,
Awwwwww!

There, there! Smile

Have you checked out any sites yet, Brahmin?
brahmin

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 08:37 pm
@msolga,
no.

do you know of any?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 08:40 pm
@brahmin,
Marriage is not really a cure for loneliness, many married people still feel lonely. Marriage can also be more like hard work than fun. I think you should look to make friends and become an active part of your community, and in the process you might meet someone and fall in love. Most people have friends longer than they have spouses. I suggest you start with friends and see where that takes you.
Green Witch

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 08:41 pm
But if you are really determined to go the electronic route, you might want to try a site like Match dot com.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 08:44 pm
@Green Witch,
Quote:
Marriage is not really a cure for loneliness, many married people still feel lonely.

Good point, GW!

I can vouch for that! Wink

Quote:
Marriage can also be more like hard work than fun.

I can vouch for this, too!

I hope you're listening carefully, Brahmin! Wink
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 10:36 pm
is 33-35 too late to marry....in usa?

i am 30 now
msolga

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 10:47 pm
@brahmin,
It's never too late to marry anywhere, Brahmin. That is, if you're game! Wink

No, of course that's not too old! Smile
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 12:56 am
the reason i wanted to try websites, is that i am not that dashing and smart to ensnare anyone in 2 weeks like they show on tv. hell i cant even carry a conversation.

but i would gladly marry a school dropout hick chick or a stwg. my friend recently married one - but thats in australia.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 01:12 am
@brahmin,
Should I be ready to wince by the answer if I ask you what a stwg is? Confused A search of the urban dictionary came up with zilch. A simple Google search came up with nothing as well.
msolga

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 01:17 am
@tsarstepan,
Are you certain you want to know?