internet marriage/matrimony sites

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 01:41 am
@msolga,
Maybe not because it seems to be an insider joke and they tend to be the worst when revealed to the public for the first time.
msolga

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 01:43 am
@tsarstepan,
Ah. I see.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 02:03 am
@brahmin,
Quote:
the reason i wanted to try websites, is that i am not that dashing and smart to ensnare anyone in 2 weeks like they show on tv. hell i cant even carry a conversation.

So how are you going to communicate with any potential bride you might meet on the internet then? Or drop out "hick chicks", or "stwgs", for that matter?

Perhaps you should just forget it for a bit & brush up on your communication skills first?
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 04:05 pm
so what do you think a STWG is??
msolga

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 05:24 pm
@brahmin,
I don't know & I don't care, Brahmin. (No,no, absolutely no need to enlighten us!)
Probably something akin to "drop out hick chicks", I'd say.
Green Witch

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 05:44 pm
Let me see if I understand you- you feel you are loser and you want to find someone who is more desperate and a bigger loser than you to marry and spend the rest of your life with. You think this arrangement will bring you happiness, personal fulfillment and friendship. Yah, sounds like a winning formula to me Rolling Eyes

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 05:46 pm
@msolga,
I'm gonna guess!

Single, transgendered, with goolies.

Makes sense to me.
msolga

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 05:47 pm
@ehBeth,
Sounds perfect for Brahmin! Very Happy
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 06:14 pm
the last comments are sooo unkind and sarcastic !!!

ouch
msolga

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 06:18 pm
@brahmin,
Sorry, I'm nornally really not this rude, Brahmin.
It was that post of yours that kind of brought out the worst in me ... Wink
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 06:19 pm
@brahmin,
what does it mean. I've not got a clue?
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 06:54 pm
small town white girl.

i dont want to marry a highly educated ceo sort.

i want to marry someone who will thank me if i take her travelling to indonesia or even to NY
Rockhead

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 06:58 pm
@brahmin,
be careful what you wish for.

sometimes small town girls are big time whackos...
msolga

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 07:04 pm
@brahmin,
Quote:
i want to marry someone who will thank me if i take her travelling to indonesia or even to NY

Oh I think just about any girl would do that, Brahmin!
brahmin

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 07:55 pm
@msolga,
i mean she should not think its only part of my duty towards her, or worse still think its no big deal cos she has vacationed in monaco as a teenager and flown around the world first class before even finishing college.

i want to make a difference to someone's life - i believe its easier to do so in the life of someone who hasn't had much variety in hers, nor is likely to (no degrees or special talents or bank balance).

also i have talked and interacted with many simpleton type girls from non-urban areas - they are much more easy going and friendly than people born and brought up in brooklin or LA.
brahmin

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 07:57 pm
@Rockhead,
thats still better than big town girls who are big time whackos... just an opinion.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 10:25 pm
@brahmin,
You classify large groups of women into tiny stereotypes. It makes me think you have had very little experience with females in general. I think such thinking makes you look insecure and perhaps even naive. What I mostly get out of this is that you are looking for someone you can feel superior to and who will not expect much from you.
brahmin

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 11:29 pm
@Green Witch,
right about the first bit about me being inexperienced and naive.

wrong about the last bit.

i dont want to feel superior. but i dont want anyone who expects me to be (or will only be satisfied if i am) einstein cross bill gates - i cant live up to that or anything close.
Green Witch

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 07:23 am
@brahmin,
A woman who truly loves you will see you for who you really are and that is what they will love about you. If someone falls in love with the real "brahmin" they will not reject you because of your bank account or IQ. Most women want a kind, emotionally generous man who works to the best of his ability and encourages them to be the best they can be in whatever they chose to do. You are starting your search with a lot of negativity, try thinking in more positive terms.

I came from an urban wealthy family, my husband came from what most would call the most middle of middle class and grew up in a rural area. The sort of work he did (when we met) guaranteed he would never be rich. We've been together for over 15 years. When we first met I made more money than he did, it was never an issue for us because neither of us are materialistic. We spent the first three years of our relationship living on very little because we were creating a business. We do have similar intellectual pursuits and our values and politics are the same - that has been very important. In someways I am smarter than him and in other ways he is smarter than me, it works to our advantage. I think how we work as team is what is important. I would say do not rule anyone out based on your generalizations - you might rule out the perfect woman before you even get to know each other.

The best way to cure inexperience and naivety is to get out in world and get experience. You might want to read a book called Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus. It's a good overview of how the different sexes communicate. Even if you mess up a lot in the beginning, every experience will make you a wiser and better person.
mm25075

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 11:36 am
@brahmin,
Stereotype much?

0 Replies