Sun 13 Dec, 2009 01:29 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
i would never burn a restaurant, we need all the restaurants we can get

now a government building, that's another story
hawkeye10

Sun 13 Dec, 2009 01:30 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
regardless of good faith, it is IMPOSSIBLE to be a law abiding citizen in America.

Yes, the means to collect and punish individuals at will are now in place. The only question which types are the current targets.

Protecting kids is a worthy endeavour, however, it is not worth the creation of a police state. It is very sad that so many of my fellow Americans don't know their history, don't know that the states ability to subjugate the citizenry will always be used eventually, in ways that the citizenry never intended when it so empowered the state. My peers have been manipulated by fear, often by fear for the children, into giving away the freedom that was gained at such cost by our forefathers. And they don't even see what they have done, after it is pointed out to them. They go putting on aires about how progressive they are by fighting for relatively trivial points such as gay rights or state's rights, at the very moment they are collectively putting the collar and shackle around their necks.

An uneducated citizenry has always been known to be the destroyer of democracy, and this we now have, even as they delude themselves into thinking that they are the best and the brightest that have ever walked the face of the earth.
djjd62

Sun 13 Dec, 2009 01:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
ummm, i'm the most cynical bastard you might ever meet, and i have little or no trust for the government

but even i find most of this stuff to be coast to coast am tinfoil hat paranoia
hawkeye10

Sun 13 Dec, 2009 01:41 pm
@djjd62,
Quote:
i also have no idea, nor do i care if the same things apply in canada, i live my life, have had no problems, i'm pretty sure i've done some things that contravene some laws, but have never been caught and don't have any paranoid fears that i will be

you live in a country where the state feels itself to be so powerless that it will not move to remove a band of Indians who decide to block a major rail line.
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN2025181420070420

a country that needs to watch its step because the largest and best state within the country is constantly at risk of deciding to renounce its membership in Canada.

You have no clue what living in the budding American police state is like.
djjd62

Sun 13 Dec, 2009 01:45 pm
@hawkeye10,
and for that i'm eternally thankful
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Sun 13 Dec, 2009 01:47 pm
@djjd62,
Quote:
ummm, i'm the most cynical bastard you might ever meet, and i have little or no trust for the government

but even i find most of this stuff to be coast to coast am tinfoil hat paranoia

even after you have learned here at a2k about how American prosecutors have successfully used laws that were intended to be used to bring to justice child abusers to instead punish youthful sexters, you can say that.

You sir are not paying attention.
djjd62

Sun 13 Dec, 2009 01:49 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
you live in a country where the state feels itself to be so powerless that it will not move to remove a band of Indians who decide to block a major rail line.

yes it's sad that we try and negotiate problems

we really should get a supply of anthrax blankets for the savages (insert sarcastic smiley here)
0 Replies

djjd62

Sun 13 Dec, 2009 01:51 pm
@hawkeye10,
never gonna be a perfect law

and i agree that there are laws that are bullshit, but this "you can't be a law abiding citizen of the untied states" paranoia is a little extreme
0 Replies

djjd62

Sun 13 Dec, 2009 01:56 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

a more complete story here

http://www.thestar.com/News/Canada/article/230885

highway shut down for 11 hours, railway for 30, hardly a standoff to end all standoffs

plus they're called provinces where i come from, not states
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Sun 13 Dec, 2009 02:24 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

i would never burn a restaurant, we need all the restaurants we can get
SO STIPULATED! GOOD ONES

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Sun 13 Dec, 2009 02:33 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

i'm hurt david

i thought we were best buds, and not once have you invited me to your fancy schmancy swanky do
Crying or Very sad

If u come to NYC and if the O M SIG has a dinner then scheduled, u will be welcome to attend.

So far, from here and from Abuzz, we 've had:
Max's Daddy O
High Seas
and Aidan. I hope that I have not left anyone out who attended.

David
0 Replies