Proof of nonexistence of free will

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 05:33 am
@guigus,
guigus wrote:

Fil Albuquerque wrote:

No ! You can indeed report to partially absent things....if I say for instance that guigus is not here In Portugal I am asserting that something which exists is not here but elsewhere....now what I can´t do is to assert the non existence of the non existent which is completely different....and yes I was successful probably in a way that few can indeed comprehend...

When you say that I am not in Portugal you are denying my presence there, not my existence. But you can deny my existence as well, although you would be wrong, at least for now.

Don't fool yourself: negation refers to something by asserting it is nothing, which makes it always contradictory.

No guigus NO !
Negation only refers to partial temporal and spatial absences and never to potential absences !
the use of the term nothing as in all language it is a practical use not a pseudo theoretical one !
Total non being does not refer at all !
guigus

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 05:54 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

guigus wrote:

Fil Albuquerque wrote:

No ! You can indeed report to partially absent things....if I say for instance that guigus is not here In Portugal I am asserting that something which exists is not here but elsewhere....now what I can´t do is to assert the non existence of the non existent which is completely different....and yes I was successful probably in a way that few can indeed comprehend...

When you say that I am not in Portugal you are denying my presence there, not my existence. But you can deny my existence as well, although you would be wrong, at least for now.

Don't fool yourself: negation refers to something by asserting it is nothing, which makes it always contradictory.

No guigus NO !

Please don't scare me.

Fil Albuquerque wrote:
Negation only refers to partial temporal and spatial absences and never to potential absences !

Potential absences? The absence of those chairs is actual, not potential. And it is not partial either: they are not present at all in that room. But if you need them to be absent from the world, then be it: those chairs do not exist. Even so, you still must refer to them so as to deny their existence.

Fil Albuquerque wrote:
the use of the term nothing as in all language it is a practical use not a pseudo theoretical one !

For the word "nothing" to have any practical use, it must have a meaning first, from which we can expect all kinds of theoretical uses (as indeed we observe).

Fil Albuquerque wrote:
Total non being does not refer at all !

Absolute nothingness "does not refer" to any practical experience of ours, as neither absolute being does. However, you are confusing our lack of any practical experience of absolute being or nothingness with their having no meaning, which is an entirely different matter, as also not the case. Indeed, if absolute being and nothingness had no meaning, then we couldn't even realize we have no practical experience of them, and you could't be so busy trying to show they are not the same.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 06:19 am
A potential absence intends to refer to that which is not potentially possible...such things as squared circles...(using a mobile android phone)
guigus

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 08:44 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

A potential absence intends to refer to that which is not potentially possible...such things as squared circles...(using a mobile android phone)

So squared circles can exist in the future? Sorry, but squared circles will remain an actual absence in the future, just like they are now.

(This little thing you are typing on is not helping you much.)
JLNobody

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 01:45 pm
@guigus,
Granted, squared circles cannot exist either in the past or the future. One cannot square a circle without denying its essential nature. If it becomes an empirical square, it does so at the expense of its circularity. Only as a fanatstic ideational construction can there be a "squared circle", not to mention a "circled square". Is this only a matter of logical contradiction, or is it something more interesting?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 02:11 pm
@JLNobody,
It's based on language and concepts. We learn early on that a square peg will not fit in a round hole. That translates into reality for most of us. Some people begin to question forms to confuse basic concepts. There might be some benefit to such an exercise, but for most, accepting the basic premise is enough to survive in this world.
guigus

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 04:20 pm
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:

Granted, squared circles cannot exist either in the past or the future. One cannot square a circle without denying its essential nature. If it becomes an empirical square, it does so at the expense of its circularity. Only as a fanatstic ideational construction can there be a "squared circle", not to mention a "circled square". Is this only a matter of logical contradiction, or is it something more interesting?

For those who are following the discussion, this was just an example, not the main issue.
0 Replies

guigus

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 04:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

It's based on language and concepts. We learn early on that a square peg will not fit in a round hole. That translates into reality for most of us. Some people begin to question forms to confuse basic concepts. There might be some benefit to such an exercise, but for most, accepting the basic premise is enough to survive in this world.

The discussion of this thread is about free will, which invokes determinism as its opposite. What I am saying is that the only thing capable of fully determining everything is absolute nothingness---or, which is the same, absolute being:

Code:Absolute nothingness is indifferently not any or not every being.
Not any being is not every being.
Any being is any other being.
Any being is not itself, hence is nothing.

Everything is nothing, hence is determined by nothing and determines nothing---and by doing so, gives us the only consistent form of determinism.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 04:43 pm
@guigus,
guigus wrote:

Fil Albuquerque wrote:

So squared circles can exist in the future? Sorry, but squared circles will remain an actual absence in the future, just like they are now.

How come you read exactly the opposite of what I said ???
...there are things that are potentially possible and yet did n´t come into existence presently.
Not potentially possible means that they will never be possible go it ?
...it was a reply to more nonsense from you remember ? I was trying to explain what does it mean potentially possible and potentially not possible since you were having trouble with it...
Quote:
Potential absences? The absence of those chairs is actual, not potential.

...oh, and by the way there´s no debate going on, the matter it is settled for most...
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 05:00 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
...chairs are potentially possible even if they are presently absent somewhere...
...while squared circles are not potentially possible not now not ever thus consequently they will never be actual...its hard to talk with someone so messy like you guigus in fact quite pointless...you just don´t grasp the simplest of concepts...
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 05:13 pm
@guigus,
Quote:
Absolute nothingness "does not refer" to any practical experience of ours, as neither absolute being does. However, you are confusing our lack of any practical experience of absolute being or nothingness with their having no meaning, which is an entirely different matter, as also not the case. Indeed, if absolute being and nothingness had no meaning, then we couldn't even realize we have no practical experience of them, and you could't be so busy trying to show they are not the same.

...if I just did explain to you that the use of the term nothingness refers to partial absences not potential (total) absences, what is it that you don´t get ?
Total being is meaningful in the sum of all those things that are experienced by us, beyond which it turns meaningless...total absence in turn does n´t refer to whatever once its about that which cannot be conceived not even potentially, stuff like squared circles and other nonsense, which it is not experienced, thus it is not absent because it was never present in the first place it simply does not exist you dumb ass !!!!!

You don´t even know what absent means...geeeee!!!
Absent can only report to potentially possible stuff, like chairs not squared circles, which while potentially existing did n´t come to manifest themselves somewhere as actual yet...for instance the first person who actually brought up the first chair it did so because such chair was potentially possible !
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 07:45 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
...again, conceivable stuff, can be said to be absent, if they are, while non conceivable stuff, like your squared circles, cannot be said to be absent in any sense or way...it just does n´t exist ! Its not absent because we simply don´t know what squared circles are or even mean in order to state that they are absent or not...
IT DOES NOT REFER !

There´s nothing to nothingness ! (that much I am certain)
0 Replies

guigus

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 10:11 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

guigus wrote:

Fil Albuquerque wrote:

How come you read exactly the opposite of what I said ???
...there are things that are potentially possible and yet did n´t come into existence presently.
Not potentially possible means that they will never be possible go it ?
...it was a reply to more nonsense from you remember ? I was trying to explain what does it mean potentially possible and potentially not possible since you were having trouble with it...
Quote:
Potential absences? The absence of those chairs is actual, not potential.

...oh, and by the way there´s no debate going on, the matter it is settled for most...

You posts are getting much more confusing, so I will only answer to those I find worthy, which don't include this one.
0 Replies

guigus

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 10:33 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

...chairs are potentially possible even if they are presently absent somewhere...

This is what I would call the difference between actual and non-actual possibilities.

Fil Albuquerque wrote:
...while squared circles are not potentially possible not now not ever thus consequently they will never be actual...

More simply put: square circles are impossible by definition.

Fil Albuquerque wrote:
its hard to talk with someone so messy like you guigus in fact quite pointless...you just don´t grasp the simplest of concepts...

My answer didn't address these platitudes, but rather this:

Fil Albuquerque wrote:
A potential absence intends to refer to that which is not potentially possible...

A potential absence refers either to something possible or to something just eventually not possible, rather than to something impossible by definition, like a square circle, which is what you call "not potentially possible."
0 Replies

guigus

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 10:50 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

Quote:

...if I just did explain to you that the use of the term nothingness refers to partial absences not potential (total) absences, what is it that you don´t get ?

The fact that I don't agree with it doesn't mean I don't get it: understanding is not the same as agreeing.

Fil Albuquerque wrote:
Total being is meaningful in the sum of all those things that are experienced by us, beyond which it turns meaningless...

The concept of being applies to all being, whether experienced by us or not. The concept referring only to what we have already experienced is the concept of experience, not of being.

Fil Albuquerque wrote:
total absence in turn does n´t refer to whatever once its about that which cannot be conceived not even potentially, stuff like squared circles and other nonsense, which it is not experienced, thus it is not absent because it was never present in the first place it simply does not exist you dumb ass !!!!!

What is not absent is present, you dumb ass.

Fil Albuquerque wrote:
You don´t even know what absent means...geeeee!!!

It was you to identify absolute nothingness with not being absent, not me.

Fil Albuquerque wrote:
Absent can only report to potentially possible stuff, like chairs not squared circles, which while potentially existing did n´t come to manifest themselves somewhere as actual yet...for instance the first person who actually brought up the first chair it did so because such chair was potentially possible !

You are confusing absence with vanishing: it is not a requirement for something to be absent that it had already been present, or even that it was or will be possibly present. Simply put, either something is absent or otherwise present: if it is not absent, then it is present, and if it is not present, then it is absent---that's all there is to it. You "just don't grasp the simplest of concepts"...
guigus

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 11:11 pm
For those worried about our future:

http://goo.gl/1pUUp
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 06:50 am
@guigus,
Quote:

I don´t identify nothingness with not being absent idiot I simply put said the term absent won´t apply !

Quote:
You are confusing absence with vanishing: it is not a requirement for something to be absent that it had already been present, or even that it was or will be possibly present. Simply put, either something is absent or otherwise present: if it is not absent, then it is present, and if it is not present, then it is absent---that's all there is to it. You "just don't grasp the simplest of concepts"...

And what something is that moron ??? Laughing

Lol...just answer this question guigus What is it that is absent when you use the term absent eh ? I suspect there´s a large black hole going around in your mind...
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 07:30 am
@guigus,
Quote:
The concept of being applies to all being, whether experienced by us or not. The concept referring only to what we have already experienced is the concept of experience, not of being.

The usage of the term being which has a historical origin as all words derives from experience of what being would point us to...being beyond what we know as a species, if existing, is meaningless to us until we experience it...so in truth while we may claim that the term apply´s to that from which we don´t know nothing off on the basis of past previous examples in practice such extrapolation even if based in good reason can´t be applied to what we mean with it...the WORD, any word, can only carry what we know !
0 Replies

guigus

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 05:30 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

Quote:

I don´t identify nothingness with not being absent idiot I simply put said the term absent won´t apply !

Quote:

And what something is that moron ??? Laughing

Lol...just answer this question guigus What is it that is absent when you use the term absent eh ? I suspect there´s a large black hole going around in your mind...

Listen, there is no point in continuing this discussion with you, since you are obviously not capable of being serious or educated, and I have more useful things to do than to keep returning a stranger's insults. If somebody else wants to resume previous discussions forcibly abandoned by the flood of posts by the gentlemen above, I will be glad in resuming from where we left.
0 Replies

guigus

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 05:55 pm
Perhaps someone has something worthy to say about this:

Being is not being, or is absolute nothingness. Why? Because:

1) Being is existence in general.
2) Being is existence in particular.
3) Existence in particular is not existence in general.

So being negates itself by being both all and each being: it is not itself, hence is nothing. On the other hand, since absolute nothingness is indifferently not any or not every single being, not any single being is not every single being, so any being is any other being, hence not itself, as thus nothing.

Either coming from being or nothingness, we conclude that being and nothingness are the same.
0 Replies