Proof of nonexistence of free will

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 11:27 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Nothingness is about a fake imperfection in the world, about a false transcendence...its a forged loop of beingness upon itself, about zero having a purpose after all, in the binary code and for the possibility of any code...thus its about the usefulness of time through memory and representation...in it, through correlation, for the purpose of cause, without a truer cause...
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 11:45 pm
...the usefulness of colourful metaphors such as "the absence of absence" are always costly in Philosophy when directed into a certain kind of audience...fortunately I have a big wallet ! Wink

See you guys tomorrow ! be well !
guigus

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 03:13 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

Nothingness is the absence of absence which in the double negative is to say it reports to everything in its own absence...negative beingness the absence of something, or even of all things, informatively reports to those things as necessary into becoming again...their memory is about their indestructibility, their thingness beyond matter, about their necessity of being reported permanently, infinitely...
...nothingness does not exist indeed...everything does !

Everything exists? Including unicorns and squared circles?
guigus

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 03:14 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

Nothingness is about a fake imperfection in the world, about a false transcendence...its a forged loop of beingness upon itself, about zero having a purpose after all, in the binary code and for the possibility of any code...thus its about the usefulness of time through memory and representation...in it, through correlation, for the purpose of cause, without a truer cause...

Stop asking what nothingness is "about" and start asking what it is or means. Perhaps then you'll be able to address my post at http://able2know.org/topic/138901-53#post-4682616.
0 Replies

guigus

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 03:15 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

...the usefulness of colourful metaphors such as "the absence of absence" are always costly in Philosophy when directed into a certain kind of audience...fortunately I have a big wallet ! Wink

See you guys tomorrow ! be well !

Keep your metaphors to you, philosophy deals with concepts rather than metaphors---it is not poetry. Please address my post at http://able2know.org/topic/138901-53#post-4682616, which conceptually deals with what absolute nothingness actually means.
guigus

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 03:48 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:
Nothingness is the absence of absence

The absence of an absence is a presence---nothingness is the absence of a presence.

Fil Albuquerque wrote:
which in the double negative is to say it reports to everything in its own absence...

For nothingness to be absent it must be something instead of nothing.

Fil Albuquerque wrote:
negative beingness the absence of something, or even of all things, informatively reports to those things as necessary into becoming again...

A spark of intelligence. Not all is lost. Indeed, being and nothingness are the same, so they constantly become each other.

Fil Albuquerque wrote:
their memory is about their indestructibility, their thingness beyond matter, about their necessity of being reported permanently, infinitely...

Nothing does not exist means everything exists, including nothing.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 04:00 am
@guigus,
1 - No ! Beingness and Nothingness are not the same it simply means there is no such thing as Nothingness !!!

2 - ...the absence of absence obviously means there´s only presence...
(it was meant as a metaphor guigus since there cannot be A therefore not A...it simply not A)
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 04:10 am
@guigus,
Poetry ? Loooool...
A concept needs explanation and a figure of speech comes sometimes as a form of crossing a wall of understanding for those less fortunate that may eventually be feeling confused with your nonsensical posts...
...someone which has spend the last 200 posts stating A therefore not A has the audacity of correcting a metaphor after I myself made it perfectly clear I was aware of its implicit contradiction from the very beginning, thus only using it as a form for "softening" the understanding on what was meant in its use...unbelievable !
...lol where did you came from, Mars ? Get real !
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 04:24 am
Only a perfect nut job as you could repeatedly state stuff as :
"If not any and every thing then necessarily everything !" You clearly contradict the terms every time you post them...asshole !
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 04:29 am
@guigus,
guigus wrote:

Fil Albuquerque wrote:

Nothingness is the absence of absence which in the double negative is to say it reports to everything in its own absence...negative beingness the absence of something, or even of all things, informatively reports to those things as necessary into becoming again...their memory is about their indestructibility, their thingness beyond matter, about their necessity of being reported permanently, infinitely...

Yes, Everything which is the total of what exists exist monkey !
Unicorns don´t exist as we normally would use the term...yet they exist as concepts...obviously squared circles don´t exist not even as concepts, reason why they are nonsensical !
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 04:39 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
the problem further needs clarification since for many people there is the impression that when we state if not A then A is identified...when truly it is not since for instance "squared circles" don´t refer ! not A comes as a metaphor for not whatever which is not simple here to be seen anywhere !!!
the negative cannot implicitly accept that which is trying to negate...negation is so absolute that pure absence cannot refer...it not refers !

When we explain squared circles don´t exist we are not clarifying at all that which does not exist since its non existence is such that it cannot be clarified...
guigus

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 04:47 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:
1 - No ! Beingness and Nothingness are not the same it simply means there is no such thing as Nothingness !!!

So there is no such thing as this thing you are talking about, nothingness?

Fil Albuquerque wrote:
2 - ...the absence of absence obviously means there´s only presence...

Is that what you meant by saying that "Nothingness is the absence of absence"? Sorry, but for us to have any meaningful conversation, you must at least remember what your own arguments were.

Fil Albuquerque wrote:
(it was meant as a metaphor guigus since there cannot be A therefore not A...it simply not A)

You mean there can be no contradiction? Perhaps because nothing contradicts itself? That's what I am saying: that nothing contradicts itself.

(No logical formalism will ever let you understand the relation between being and nothingness, for the simple reason that letters (A, B, C, etc) are not concepts---something that classical logicians consistently fail to grasp).
0 Replies

guigus

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 05:06 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

guigus wrote:

Fil Albuquerque wrote:

Yes, Everything which is the total of what exists exist monkey !
Unicorns don´t exist as we normally would use the term...yet they exist as concepts...obviously squared circles don´t exist not even as concepts, reason why they are nonsensical !

What decides if nothing exists or not is whether it is no being or all being: saying "everything that exists" is no different from saying just "everything"---as you correctly pointed out---so it is no place where to look for an answer.

(By the way, since monkeys are smarter than you are, I'm glad to be one of them. See? Insulting is easy. What is hard is to think, so I suggest you stop insulting and start thinking.)
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 05:14 am
@guigus,
There is no such thing as no being, it cannot refer, learn to read !
Stating that Being is is already a redundancy !
guigus

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 05:18 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

the problem further needs clarification since for many people there is the impression that when we state if not A then A is identified...when truly it is not since for instance "squared circles" don´t refer ! not A comes as a metaphor for not whatever which is not simple here to be seen anywhere !!!
the negative cannot implicitly accept that which is trying to negate...negation is so absolute that pure absence cannot refer...it not refers !

When we explain squared circles don´t exist we are not clarifying at all that which does not exist since its non existence is such that it cannot be clarified...

What you are trying to say (without much success) is that negating is negating something---then asserting that something---since negating nothing is not negating at all. And the reason why you are failing to properly say the thing is because you are fighting it---don't: you'll lose.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 05:22 am
@guigus,
No ! You can indeed report to partially absent things....if I say for instance that guigus is not here In Portugal I am asserting that something which exists is not here but elsewhere....now what I can´t do is to assert the non existence of the non existent which is completely different....and yes I was successful probably in a way that few can indeed comprehend...
guigus

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 05:23 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

There is no such thing as no being, it cannot refer

So the sentence "there are no chairs in the room" does not refer? You are facing a serious risk of hitting the floor when trying to sit on one of those chairs...

Fil Albuquerque wrote:
, learn to read !

When I read "no being," I read "no being." Is that what you meant?

Fil Albuquerque wrote:

This last sentence is not clear enough: please clarify what you mean.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 05:25 am
@guigus,
guigus wrote:

Fil Albuquerque wrote:

So the sentence "there are no chairs in the room" does not refer? You are facing a serious risk of hitting the floor when trying to sit on one of those chairs...

Fil Albuquerque wrote:
, learn to read !

Fil Albuquerque wrote:

This last sentence is not clear enough.

Indeed if what you mean with there are no chairs in the room comes as an absolute reference to the non beingness of chairs at all which is a trans temporal statement....of course the expression there are no chairs is the room it is actually a temporal statement thus only referring to the temporal partial absence of something which is not absolutely absent from being, that is CHAIRS !!!!!!!!
guigus

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 05:28 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

No ! You can indeed report to partially absent things....if I say for instance that guigus is not here In Portugal I am asserting that something which exists is not here but elsewhere....now what I can´t do is to assert the non existence of the non existent which is completely different....and yes I was successful probably in a way that few can indeed comprehend...

When you say that I am not in Portugal you are denying my presence there, not my existence. But you can deny my existence as well, although you would be wrong, at least for now.

Don't fool yourself: negation refers to something by asserting it is nothing, which makes it always contradictory.
guigus

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 05:31 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

guigus wrote:

Fil Albuquerque wrote:

Fil Albuquerque wrote:
, learn to read !

Fil Albuquerque wrote:

This last sentence is not clear enough.

Indeed if what you mean with there are no chairs in the room comes as an absolute reference to the non beingness of chairs at all which is a trans temporal statement....of course the expression there are no chairs is the room it is actually a temporal statement thus only referring to the temporal partial absence of something which is not absolutely absent from being, that is CHAIRS !!!!!!!!

Please notice that no matter how partial you make that absence, you will never turn it into a presence: it remains an absence, and for negating the presence of those chairs you must assert it as the very presence you are denying. Whatever the object of negation is, it must be so as to be not.
0 Replies