Obama made a terrible decision re Afghanistan

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 12:16 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I'm unhappy with Obama and the Democrats for not keeping a campaign promise (at least as of today). Obama said many times during his campaign that the prohibition of discrimination based on preexisting conditions for medical care would go into effect the day he signed the health care bill. But when I read the Bill proposed by the Democrates, it states it will be one or two years before the prohibition goes into effect. Sick people, including my daughter and son, can't wait another two years to get medical insurance coverage. I heard that the reson for the delay is because "it's not fair to load the insurance companies with sick people so soon." That's BS! The insurance companies have not been fair to us and they should not screw us once more!

We all need to raise hell with the Senate that the prohibition must become effective on the date Obama signs the Bill as he promised!

BBB
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 12:18 pm
we are not going to get significant health care reform or a public option...period. It was a pipe dream. I chose to hope for it but never really believed it. These companies own Obama and the dems just as they do the repubs.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 12:31 pm
America made a terrible decision re Obama
Thomas

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 12:32 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I'm disappointed in Obama but not surprised.

Me too. I still regret that the Democrats didn't nominate Edwards instead, and scorn them for completely sidelining him after the election.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 12:33 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BPB, This points out another boondoggle of our president and congress; promises made and broken.

We can no longer trust people in our government, because they sell themselves to the highest bidder, and forget about the American People who they are supposed to be representing.

That said, I'm still not sure I was in support of the public option, because they talked about spending (up to) one trillion more for health care without identifying where they were going to save cost.

I'm a skeptic - almost 100%.
Thomas

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 12:35 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

America made the least-wrong decision, given the choices she had. The problem is that both major parties failed to give her their best-suited candidates to choose between.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 12:38 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I'm disappointed in Obama but not surprised.

Me too. I still regret that the Democrats didn't nominate Edwards instead, and scorn them for completely sidelining him after the election.

Are you kidding? Did you forget the part about his illegitimate child? If we had nominated him, it would have been an absolute slaughter.

Cycloptichorn
Thomas

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 12:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
We can no longer trust people in our government,

What do you mean, "no longer"? When exactly did you trust the people who ran your government? Did you trust them in the 40s, when you were a kid and they put you in a detention camp? Did you trust them in the 50s under Mc Carthy? The 60s, when the Johnson administration started the Vietnam war on a casus belli they counterfeited themselves? The 70s of Watergate? The 80s of the Iran-Contra affair? The 90s, when the president "did not have sex with this woman"? The Naughties, when the Bush administration started yet another war on yet another fake casus belli?

I'm curious, honest: When did you think you could trust the people who ran your government?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 12:43 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
What does "illegitimate child" have to do with their ability to run this country?
Thomas

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 12:44 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Are you kidding?

No, I'm not. Obama did pot and coke in college himself, and it didn't hurt him.
maporsche

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 12:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

What does "illegitimate child" have to do with their ability to run this country?

He's referring to Edward's ability to get elected, given the "illegitimate child". (which is pretty clear in his post)

He's saying, if the Dem's nominated Edwards, then it's likely that McCain would have won. I don't disagree.

All of this of course has NOTHING to do with running the country AFTER someone get's elected. But you still have to get elected first.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 12:46 pm
@Thomas,
Just looking at what our government has accomplished in many areas of civil rights, social security, and our economy, there's much to be thankful for. I see those as all positives.

Bringing up the concentration camp of WWII is a cheap shot; you're an ignorant bastard!@
maporsche

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 12:47 pm
@Thomas,
Yeah, but that was 20-25 years ago (I'm not sure how old Obama is); the "illegitimate child" thing is much more recent.

And while drugs are 'bad'; infidelity towards his wife while she was with cancer is much worse to many more people (including me).
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 12:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I disagree. They're not a cheap shot. They're a very real, and very good, reason to distrust the incompetent, inhumane, and power-abusing ways of governments. But I realize this example may have hit too closely to home for you. I'm sorry.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 12:50 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:
Are you kidding?

No, I'm not. Obama did pot and coke in college himself, and it didn't hurt him.

Pot and coke are nothing. Most people have smoked pot and done other drugs, and it's an event which Obama admitted to having happened years ago.

Illegitimate child which you've lied about - and kept from your wife - is a whole other taco. C'mon, Thomas; you know the American media is obsessed with sex and lies. It would have been a nightmare and McCain would have won for sure, no doubt.

Having drug use in your background isn't a scandal, it's common; having illegitimate children is most certainly a scandal, and one which d/q's ya from winning the presidency. How can you not see this?

Cycloptichorn
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 12:53 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:

America made the least-wrong decision, given the choices she had.
The problem is that both major parties failed to give her their best-suited candidates to choose between.

It is readily apparent that America made the most-wrong decision.

The most troubling issue is that Obama and Biden have three additional years to totally screw up the country!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 12:54 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
a cheap shot

---------------------------------------
Quote:
you're an ignorant bastard

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 12:55 pm
@Thomas,
Yes, it's a cheap shot; I was there. Were you? Japanese Americans have proven ourselves during WWII in the military and in intelligence, and have accomplished much in this country we call home. Our government has apologized, and backed it up with several million dollars in reparations.

Japanese Americans have succeeded very well in our country we call home; the US of A, and I'm a thankful, proud, American.
H2O MAN

@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
It would have been a nightmare and McCain would have won for sure, no doubt.

In what way?

How could it be any worse than the nightmare most are sleepwalking through right now?
0 Replies

Thomas

@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
How can you not see this?

Dunno. Because I'm an ignorant bastard perhaps?