@ossobuco,
Just Ionus...joined some months ago...
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 08:05 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

Don't bother with him, osso.
He's not worth the ink - I just put him on ignore!
People like him shouldn't get a platform.
Where do YOU get the right
to give orders, Jane ??

U think that u are the boss
because u have a BIG MOUTH ?

David
Intrepid

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 08:14 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

Ionus wrote:
Your criteria is they would shove things down your throat but you would shove things down their throat to defend your right not to have things shoved down your throat.

funny, i've never showed up at a jehovah witness's house and tried to unconvert them

As far as I know there is only one Jehovah Witness who frequents this forum and he has never tried to force anything down anybody's throat. In fact, he rarely posts.

It is easy to close the door to those whom you do not wish to have discussion with.
Setanta

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 08:18 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:
As far as I know there is only one Jehovah Witness who frequents this forum and he has never tried to force anything down anybody's throat. In fact, he rarely posts.

It is easy to close the door to those whom you do not wish to have discussion with.

He's not the only one, but he's the only one who has consistently posted here. (After a hiatus, he is posting again with more regularity.) I recall quite well when he first showed up, and i asked him, as subtly and obliquely as possible if he were familiar with the watchtower. He replied with equal discussion, and i've never known it to be an issue. In fact, the only time it comes up is when some clown shows up to calumniate the JWs. Otherwise, you could only see by the complex attitude he has toward the putative Jesus.

I like that guy, and i have a great deal of respect for him.
Intrepid

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 08:19 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

To Ossobucco

Was it you who suggested I had been here before ? As in on this forum ? Because I havent posted here under any psuedonom but Ionus.

No. That would be me. Funny that Osso should pick up on the same thing, however.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 08:21 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
For someone who fancies himself as a ladies man, you have an interesting way of treating the ladies on this forum.

I quite often am not on the same side of a topic of many of the feminine gender but regardless of our disagreements they do deserve respect.
Intrepid

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 08:23 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Intrepid wrote:

He's not the only one, but he's the only one who has consistently posted here. (After a hiatus, he is posting again with more regularity.) I recall quite well when he first showed up, and i asked him, as subtly and obliquely as possible if he were familiar with the watchtower. He replied with equal discussion, and i've never known it to be an issue. In fact, the only time it comes up is when some clown shows up to calumniate the JWs. Otherwise, you could only see by the complex attitude he has toward the putative Jesus.

I like that guy, and i have a great deal of respect for him.

See, Set. Even we can agree.

Wink
Setanta

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 08:32 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

Wink

Yeah . . . well . . . don't let that get around, 'K?
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 08:35 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Intrepid wrote:

Wink

Yeah . . . well . . . don't let that get around, 'K?

HA! Caught both of you agreeing! What's it going to take to keep this mouth sealed? Hmm? $10,000 each for the next 3 months. Deposit it into a clean and legal Swiss bank account, s'il vous plait.

If not? Then this bird will sqwack!
Intrepid

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 08:38 pm
@tsarstepan,
You would do well not to mess with me and Setanta, son.

BTW, what is your shoe size? Can you swim? $10,000.00 indeed!
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 08:53 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
What woud it BE ?
A club.

fo·rum........c. A medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper, a radio or television program, or a website.

club .... An association of persons for the promotion of some common object, as literature, science, politics, good fellowship, etc.; esp. an association supported by equal assessments or contributions of the members.

0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 08:57 pm
@Intrepid,
Quote:
they do deserve respect.
Why is that ? Or do you mean the same respect given to men ?
Intrepid

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 09:02 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
they do deserve respect.
Why is that ? Or do you mean the same respect given to men ?

I mean what I wrote. If you choose not to agree, that is your perogative.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 11:23 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

For someone who fancies himself as a ladies man, you have an interesting way of treating the ladies on this forum.

We have LADIES here????

Shocked

Omsig sees himself as a ladies' man?????

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
dlowan

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 11:26 pm
@tsarstepan,
"sqwack"???

Bir, sqwack.....what be all these strange new words?

Please sqwak for us!!
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 11:32 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Omsig sees himself as a ladies' man?????

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
No; I 'm too old, not much energy,
but I was never any hotshot Clark Gable nor Gregory Peck.

I never saw myself that way.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 11:42 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

For someone who fancies himself as a ladies man, you have
an interesting way of treating the ladies on this forum.

I quite often am not on the same side of a topic of many of
the feminine gender but regardless of our disagreements they do deserve respect.
The person in question, by her abuses of my friend, Rebecca,
in my judgment has forfeited the right to respect.

I will DEFEND my friends, Richard,
when I deem it appropriate, whether u like it or not.

David
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 02:22 am
David wrote:
your selective discrimination qua where to inflict
your hysterical rejection of consideration is auto-diagnostic

I don't think you are in a position to perorate in those matters.

Your own gun paranoia would need some introspection.
Ionus

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 02:34 am
@Francis,
Quote:
I don't think you are in a position to perorate in those matters.
Not that your opinion matters a great deal, but who is ? You ?
Francis

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 02:40 am
Ionus wrote:
Read back through your own posts. They are narrow minded under the guise of being a liberal.
Do you think it carries water, coming from a former military?

and wrote:
You refer to the history of religion, but why dont we investigate the history of your family ? Perhaps you and religion do not deserve to exist.
Your assumption that I didn't so, speakes volumes about your presumptuousness.

and wrote:
When you do away with religion, who shall those billions of people be like ? You ? What if their lives lose meaning...can we hold you responsible and go back to the way things were ?
Again, you are attributing me ideas and thoughts that only exist in your mind. I never denied the social utility of religion, even if it is at the expenses of the humankind' progress.

and wrote:
Your criteria is they would shove things down your throat but you would shove things down their throat to defend your right not to have things shoved down your throat. Convolutedly stupid, when all you really had to do was to ignore them.
Like when the nazi propaganda started in Germany?
My only objection is about this site being spammed with religious propaganda, time to time, by a religious nutcrack.
I can talk about religion and I even know some religious members I go well with..

and wrote:
You feel threatened by religion perhaps because of your life style. This isnt about your rights, its about a power play and you want to win.
Again, it's an erroneous assumption on your part. What do you know about my life style?
Had you read some of my posts, you would have seen that I readily leave my contradictors the last word.