Who is gold einstein?

Intrepid

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 04:25 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Responding to Frances

Note that I focus my attention on your emotional efforts at censorship.
I do not choose to involve myself in debates qua the merits of atheism.

Good answer
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 04:38 pm
@Intrepid,
We don 't ofen agree, Richard.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 04:55 pm
There is nothing in either side of an argument that determines who is right. Perhaps an outside observer may determine that one argument was more factual, better referenced or more logically structured, but it can not be determined who is right. To do that, you need to stand back and let the die roll.

As for gold einstein, if we are to exclude people based on belief or disbelief, intelligence or stupidity, rote learning or research, then it would not be a forum.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 05:08 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

There is nothing in either side of an argument that determines who is right. Perhaps an outside observer may determine that one argument was more factual, better referenced or more logically structured, but it can not be determined who is right. To do that, you need to stand back and let the die roll.

As for gold einstein, if we are to exclude people based on belief or disbelief, intelligence or stupidity, rote learning or research, then it would not be a forum.
What woud it BE ?
djjd62

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 05:10 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
some weird kind of anti-forum, like they got on earth 2
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 05:23 pm
@Francis,
Read back through your own posts. They are narrow minded under the guise of being a liberal. You refer to the history of religion, but why dont we investigate the history of your family ? Perhaps you and religion do not deserve to exist.

When you do away with religion, who shall those billions of people be like ? You ? What if their lives lose meaning...can we hold you responsible and go back to the way things were ?

Your criteria is they would shove things down your throat but you would shove things down their throat to defend your right not to have things shoved down your throat. Convolutedly stupid, when all you really had to do was to ignore them. You feel threatened by religion perhaps because of your life style. This isnt about your rights, its about a power play and you want to win.
djjd62

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 05:28 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
Your criteria is they would shove things down your throat but you would shove things down their throat to defend your right not to have things shoved down your throat.

funny, i've never showed up at a jehovah witness's house and tried to unconvert them
Ionus

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 05:32 pm
@djjd62,
Quote:
funny, i've never showed up at a jehovah witness's house and tried to unconvert them
That's nice ! I am happy for you ! Perhaps you can explain the relevance of that to my comment on what francine wrote ?
Rockhead

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 05:33 pm
@Ionus,
gender based insults in a religious argument?

gettin' wackier all the time, it is...
ossobuco

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 05:34 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

ossobuco wrote:

This is quite funny from a poster who screams in bolded italic caps.
not as much as I used to,
but even back when I did,
I did not order people around

That's true, I'll acknowledge that you cut some of that out, and that is a help in our communicating when we do.

Most of the discussers here do speak/type what they think with logic at hand - or logic to them - most of the time, however well expressed or not - and most of us long timers have gotten off the wall from time to time, usually over something heartfelt. That doesn't benefit any of us as argument, but happens in a fairly free talk with people of very different views.

Some are totally controlled and freaked when they lose it - but to some extent, it is a way of getting to know what people care about. I think we are all learning how to argue, even the sharpest of us, and most of us get that typed rage isn't useful in getting a point across.

Views on religion vary here. Some of the people who have least use for it admire some people who are religious. I spent some years in rage myself, and can get there again in some circumstances, but have mellowed. I remember myself as a believing catholic, not all irately, just parts of it - my experience was intense.

It's natural that there will be different views to gold einstein. Battering with quotes is a kind of spam and won't be received well, even by some believers.
That probably has more to do with internet forum behavior than particular beliefs or non beliefs.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 05:35 pm
@Rockhead,
Oops ! Typo....that should be Frank.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 06:10 pm
@Ionus,
First of all it's Francis and not Frank - he's French.
Second, why is Francis narrow minded if he simply doesn't believe in religion?
He claims to have read enough about it to make his decision valid.
Your suggestion to investigate the history of his family has absolutely nothing
to do with this topic, what a weird reference to make. Are you trying to discredit him with such nonsense or referring to him as francine or Frank?

No one feels threatened by the religious fanatics, religion is a private matter
and should be treated us such. I certainly don't want this forum invaded by
newly registered people who have their own religious agenda and saturate
this forum with their religious propaganda.

In case you have gender problems again : I am female!
Ionus

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 06:26 pm
@CalamityJane,
First, I translated his name into English. I wanted to see if he was intolerant in all matters. I have met many French people in my travels and I am still trying to work them out. Individually I usually find them charming and polite which is puzzling because as a nation they are rude pigs.
Second, he is not narrow minded because he doesnt believe in religion. He is narrow minded because he fails to see he is guilty of what he accuses religion of..intolerance.
My suggestion to blame his family for their past is just as relevant as his blaming religion for its past.
Quote:
No one feels threatened by the religious fanatics, religion is a private matter and should be treated us such.
Read his posts without rose coloured glasses.
Last and not least, he is not mentally handicapped. He can defend himself. He has in the past defended quite well against me. Do not dishonour him so.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 06:30 pm
@CalamityJane,
Whatever the opinions, post battering, other words for spam, isn't useful re argument.

0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 06:34 pm
@Ionus,
read what you wrote, it should all become clear, i was simply reacting to that particular sentence
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 06:41 pm
@Ionus,
So, Ionus, you seem to know us somewhat. What was/were your earlier names?
Ionus

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 06:56 pm
@ossobuco,
Was it you who suggested I had been here before ? As in on this forum ? Because I havent posted here under any psuedonom but Ionus.
dlowan

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 07:08 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

Ionus wrote:
Your criteria is they would shove things down your throat but you would shove things down their throat to defend your right not to have things shoved down your throat.

Time to start doing that!!!!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 07:09 pm
@ossobuco,
Don't bother with him, osso. He's not worth the ink - I just put him on ignore!
People like him shouldn't get a platform.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 07:18 pm
@Ionus,
Yes, I just did in the post you quoted. I've no way of knowing.