Who is gold einstein?

Francis

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2009 02:31 pm
I, on the other hand, have a big problem with quotes from the fairy book.

I think I'm going to start quoting the Satanic Verses.

And expand on them, too...
Intrepid

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2009 02:33 pm
@Francis,
You have every right to do so. As with religious quotes, everybody has the right to look at them or not look at them. You have that same right.
djjd62

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2009 02:37 pm
the only problem i have with pasting bible quotes and nothing more, is does it really show any devotion at all

there are numerous bible quotation sites that can easily be searched by keyword, so someone with no knowledge of or interest in the bible could publish basically meaningless quotes dau in and day out

if you would place some insight into what the quote means to you or how you think it relates to the subject, it would make the posts more interesting, and give people an insight into your personality as well
ehBeth

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2009 02:37 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

You have every right to do so. As with religious quotes, everybody has the right to look at them or not look at them. You have that same right.

word, bird
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2009 02:38 pm
@Intrepid,
I also have the right to say that quoting solely from the silly book without commenting on it denotes an abjectly submissive behavior to sectarian precepts.

The contrary of "humanity"..
Intrepid

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2009 02:39 pm
@Francis,
Yes, you do have that right and I support that right.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2009 03:02 pm
@aidan,
aidan wrote:
Yeah - whatever - I do love reading it - sorry if that offends you. Talk about freedom of speech....

Here we go with this **** again . . . the indignant whiner's favorite online complaint . . .

Nobody here in the least restricts your freedom of speech. And everybody here is free, if they so deem, to consider what you write to be idiotic, and to write as much in response.

Surely you wouldn't want to restrict their freedom of speech? See how stupid that argument is?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2009 03:03 pm
@aidan,
aidan wrote:

Yeah - whatever - I do love reading it - sorry if that offends you. Talk about freedom of speech....

Get noff yer high horse, lady, and do it right this minute. Who in heck said that it "offends" me? Today, aidan, you're just looking for a fight apparently. Talk about freedom of speech ... Yeah. Geez,
aidan

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2009 03:08 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Not into it - or on any high horse. I happen to like the language of the bible. Plain and simple. Not into talking about anyone or anything else tonight. You all feel free though. ( I might do an acronym or listen to a few songs - hope that doesn't offend- you can always vote me down if it does ).
Setanta

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2009 03:10 pm
That's a lie, which makes you a liar.

Mealy-mouthed hypocrite.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2009 03:12 pm
@aidan,
So happens, aidan, I like the language of the Bible as well, particularly the King James translation which is Elizabethan poetry of a high order. That is totally beside the point of the discussion. We were not arguing the merits of the language in the Bible but, rather, some newby's unaccountable habit of posting nothing except biblical quotes. This thread is about the Einstain chracter, not about religion or the Bible.

For the last time, get off that damn' high horse! Yes, you sure are on it.
dyslexia

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2009 03:12 pm
what a day this turned out to be, it's been months since I put anyone on ignore and today I put 2 on my list.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2009 03:13 pm
I hate religion!

and I despise those that push their religouse views on others.
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2009 03:20 pm
@dadpad,
Exactly! Especially when they haven't anything to say except copying excerpts
of the bible.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2009 03:20 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Well Merry Andrew - I have no idea what Einstein's character or what your character or what anyone else's character who I've never met consists of - but as I said - I do enjoy reading the language of the Bible - at least as much as I enjoy reading jokes or acronyms or movie reviews or anything else.

I don't have to apologize for liking what I like- and I don't have to apologize for liking what someone who happens to be new posts as much as I like what someone who is an established member posts. I don't get this. Why am I constantly asked WHY I like certain people and what they post. I'm ******* bombarded with private messages asking me why I talk to who I talk to. Why the hell does anyone care?
We're all individuals. We like what and who we like.
I was raised on the Bible. I love the language. That's it -plain and simple. You call it a high horse or whatever you like. I don't give a **** and I don't feel the need to explain anymore.

You can talk to the people you like, but please leave me alone to talk to who I like about what I feel like talking about.

Sorry if this is rude, but every time I turn around I'm being interrogated for appearing to like who and what I like.
Setanta

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2009 03:22 pm
I've been looking around and this joker is posting to every religious thread that he/she/it can find. The posts are uniformly opaque, and of dubious relevance.

This actually adds a modicum on interest to the phenomenon. Is he/she/it carrying out this program only here (i doubt it) having just discovered online bulletin boards? Or is it going from site to site posting the same drivel?

Well, that exhausted all the interest to be found in this subject.
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2009 03:30 pm
@aidan,
Oh the drama - you're bombarded with private messages and yada yada yada...
Merry Andrew has stated it three times now, that this is a topic about gold einstein and not the bible, or you for that matter. Get it?
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2009 03:47 pm
@Setanta,
He started out with an intriguing physics question ...
http://able2know.org/topic/138649-1#post-3826806

I guess that was just some kind of diabolical pious red herring.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_768TUZTo0os/Sfm8Tt4a1qI/AAAAAAAAABY/kMZndlNlOzU/s320/red+herring.jpg
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2009 04:34 pm
Just wondering. Has anybody tried to engage gold einstein in conversation? Could it be that there is a language barrier? Just wondering.
Francis

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2009 04:37 pm
@Intrepid,
I engaged him in Italian too. No reply other than quotes..