Even some scientists give lip service to fairy tales.

Ionus

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 07:42 am
@djjd62,
Without giving away any personal details did you end up in a job you like ? Here in Oz it takes about 15 -20 years after leaving high school for the total money earned in that time by a professional to overtake what a tradesman had been earning (taking into account study and paying back student loans).
djjd62

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 07:52 am
@Ionus,
i usually change jobs about every 10 years, i get bored and look for something different

out of highschool, i worked in a retail environment (picture framing) loved the job, love art and design stuff, loved the people we dealt with (lots of artists)

next i moved to start up manufacturing job, worked setting up production lines, moved to producing silicone rubber (pretty cool machine like a giant pasta maker, used to blend silicone, curing agents and dyes)for use in the plant, and eventually moved into the quality assurance department

last working in a 10 acre greenhouse, managing the packing line, assisting the grower, light maintenance

now trying to find what will probably be my final career, not easy in this market, but i'll figure out something
Intrepid

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 08:54 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

This is truly laughable. Even coming from you. Clear to you maybe.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clear to anyone who can think and I see that would leave you out!

You are so profound.

This coming from somebody who has trouble writing a cohesive sentence and still hasn't figured out the quote function.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 09:06 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Ionus and Set are ahving a disagreement at a much higher level than you are able to comprehend you old fool. Why dont ya go and suck down a Jeraboam of Insure.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My my my nice of you Farmerman to interject your opinion and at such a high high level of intellectual discourse.

You are right I could never match your proven ability to reach the heart of any issue with a few well-chosen words.

And both you and Ionus reaching for personal insults are surely the mark of true genius.

You are surely my intellectual superior<LOL>

Bill wrote:
Quote:
LOL right back to you idiots.........

Bill wrote:
Quote:
Clear to anyone who can think and I see that would leave you out!

I guess this puts old Bill in the genius category.
Intrepid

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 09:07 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

BillRM wrote:
You are surely my intellectual superior [addressed to FM]

Certainly no one here will disagree with that statement. Jesus, Bill, in all this time you've never learned how to use the quote function?

Amen
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 10:10 am
@Intrepid,
I guess this puts old Bill in the genius category.
---------------------------------------------------------------
I think my wife does indeed reach that level but I am a good 10 IQ points below that cut off point.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 10:20 am
@Ionus,
The problem here<USA> is that the student loan programs had allowed the cost of a college degree to go up at double the rate of inflation for at least two generations now.

Without that driver it is my opinion that the cost of a college degree would be more in line with it economic benefits.

A hundred dollars plus for one small text book you got to be kidding me and a new edition every other year to destroy the value of the old text books even in fields that had little changes from year to year.

The cost of a parking premise at my old university is now equal the price I once pay for a 21 credit hours engineering program!
Setanta

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 11:15 am
@Ionus,
The first two remarks in your list come from the post in which i responded to your call for a retraction. Neither one is a personal reflection on you. The word bullshit with reference to the drivel you peddle may be unpleasant to you, but there is no guarantee here that what you say will be accorded any respect, just because you've said. As i've already pointed out, saying that what you've written may may you look like a fool is not the same as saying you are a fool. I'm not surprised that the distinction escapes you.

Thereafter, you decide to make this a campaign of personal invective. If you think i'll read one snotty insult after another from you and not respond in like kind, then i might be willing to come to the conclusion that you are fool. This latest exercise of yours simply demonstrates once again that you are enthusiastic to fling invidious remarks, but completely unwilling--or more likely, unable--to defend your proposition.

Get back to me when you have an argument and a defense for it.
Setanta

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 11:17 am
@Ionus,
I don't think you are "scared" of me or anyone else, i was just wondering what sort of delusion lead you to claim that i was attempting to intimidate you. What were you willing to allege? That i had threatened to fling a handful of electrons at you? You don't have a firm grip on reality, do you?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 11:19 am
@Ionus,
If you think i am unable to express myself properly in my native language, it should be a simple matter for you to provide the evidence, you whiney digger asshole.
Setanta

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 11:21 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
. . . on an unrelated matter, where do you live ?

At my house . . . clown . . . do you seriously expect me to act the straight man, and set you up for more of your puerile insults?
BillRM

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 11:26 am
@Setanta,
Thereafter, you decide to make this a campaign of personal invective. If you think i'll read one snotty insult after another from you and not respond in like kind, then i might be willing to come to the conclusion that you are fool.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It nice that you are a true virgin when it come to insulting people who had not direct insults to you first. Kind of similar to the Virgin Mary as a matter of fact.

You had a history of being a true gentleman............and Jesus in my lord and saver also.........................

You two are one of a kind with your in depth knowledge right out of Wikipedia along with the rest of us for that matter!

Thank some form of a god or gods for Wikipedia.
Setanta

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 11:53 am
@BillRM,
Another completely opaque, nonsensical post, and we expect no more from you, Bill.
BillRM

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 12:05 pm
@Setanta,
Another completely opaque, nonsensical post, and we expect no more from you, Bill.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will try not to disappoint you my friend. Oh, I forgot to used the build in quote function shame on me.

Quote:

Now I feel so must better almost like taking a needed ****.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 04:17 pm
@Setanta,
This would be in the native language you refuse to divulge ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 04:18 pm
@Setanta,
Yes.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 04:20 pm
@Setanta,
I asked if you cared to retract. It was a polite offer, but given your inability to be wrong, it drove you to the point of near madness even as only a concept. You are a frightened egotistical fool.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 04:21 pm
@BillRM,
I am stunned. The rich have found an untapped goldmine and want to rob professionals. Is anything being done to counteract this ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 04:27 pm
@djjd62,
I have an interest in careers, as my own was sort of backward. I was formally educated after leaving the army, but a friend of mine became a chemist and it took him about 20 years to reach a point where his total income for the period had overtaken my total income. He struggled for the early part of his independent life, and I had a ball. Now he is wealthy, but he has too many obligations to spend his money having fun. It begs the question why go to Uni ?
Intrepid

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 04:33 pm
This thread has gone so far off topic that it will take a GPS to find the way back.