There Are Mexicans with Leaf Blowers Under My Window

Linkat

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 04:15 pm
@DrewDad,
Here is your proof via Consumer reports:

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/resources/streaming/0711S_Rake-Off/0711S_Rake-Off.html?EXTKEY=I72RSHA
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 04:23 pm
@Merry Andrew,
take this latvian scum

Joke:
Latvian: Is so cold.
All: How cold is?
Latvian: Very. Also dark.

Joke:
Three men are in ship. One Latvian, one Russian, one Lithuanian. Lithuanian take out one bottle wodka. Russian kill Lithuanian, then drink wodka. Then Latvian wait until Russian drink self to sleep, then kill. Is end.

Joke:
A fishmonger says to a bootblack, "Are there any more potato left?" Bootblack says, "Yes, one. But it has gone bad." The fishmonger says, "I am very hungry. I have not eaten for three days. I shall eat it, even if it makes me very ill." And bootblack says, "I did not speak truth. In reality, there is no food left. You shall go hungry yet another day, my friend."

Joke:
Man is hungry. He steal bread to feed family. Get home, find all family have sent Siberia! “More bread for me,” man think. But bread have worm.

Joke:
Janis: I hope my son does not die during night.
Guntis: What is "hope"?
Janis: Yes. I know what you say.
Guntis: No. I am serious. What is hope?
Janis: In truth, I do not know.

Joke:
Knock knock
Who’s there?
Latvian.
Latvian who?
Please open door. Is cold.

Joke:
Latvian walk into bar with poodle under one arm and salami under other. Eat salami first.

Joke:
How many Latvian is take screw in light bulb?
Only one. Obtain light bulb is hard part. You have potato?

Joke:
Latvian is rub lamp find genii. Genii say, “What is three wishes?” Latvian say, “I wish potato!” Then, POOF! Potato! Latvian so happy! “Oh! Is potato! Is potato!” say Latvian. Genii ask, “What is next wish?” Latvian is say, “I wish you go away so can enjoy potato!” POOF! Too bad. Also, was only lamp.

Joke:
What are one potato say other potato?
Premise ridiculous. Who have two potato?

Joke:
Man car break down near house of farmer. Take shelter in barn. Find farmer daughter in barn. Oh! Hot stuff! But TOO LATE! Is already rape by soldier.

Joke:
How many Latvian is take screw in light bulb?
25. One screw in, 24 ride bicycle generator for 1-hour shift. But time probably better spend search food.

Joke:
Three Latvian are brag about sons. “My son is soldier. He have rape as many women as want,” say first Latvian. “Zo?” second say, “My son is farmer. He have all potato he want!” Third Latvian wait long time, then say, “My son is die at birth. For him, struggle is over.” “Wow! You are win us,” say others. But all are feel sad.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 04:23 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Don't get me started about those Latvians! I'd take a virulent Estonian zombie before I'd hire a Latvian! Razz
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 04:27 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Everyone knows Latvians only make good mechanics.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 04:30 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Joke:
Janis: I hope my son does not die during night.
Guntis: What is "hope"?
Janis: Yes. I know what you say.
Guntis: No. I am serious. What is hope?
Janis: In truth, I do not know.

I'm going to tell this joke the next time someone asks me what existentialism is.
DrewDad

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 04:31 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Now substitute the word "Mexican" for the word "Latvian", and they're even funnier.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 04:44 pm
@DrewDad,
I was sort of partial to this one

Three Latvian are brag about sons. “My son is soldier. He have rape as many women as want,” say first Latvian. “Zo?” second say, “My son is farmer. He have all potato he want!” Third Latvian wait long time, then say, “My son is die at birth. For him, struggle is over.” “Wow! You are win us,” say others. But all are feel sad.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 04:44 pm
@DrewDad,
don't forget to substitute taco for potato as well.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 04:49 pm
Walter Hinteler once had a thread about German humor. Hingehead posted this:
hingehead wrote:

Who said the Germans have no sense of humour?

Knock, knock.
Who's there?
The police. I'm afraid there's been an accident. Your husband is in
hospital.

A man walks into a bar.
He is an alcoholic whose drink problem is destroying his family.

Did you hear about the blonde who jumped out off a bridge?
She was clinically depressed because of her terribly
low self-esteem.

What do you call a cat with no tail?
A manx cat.

Why do undertakers wear ties?
Because their profession is very serious, and it is important that their
appearance has a degree of gravitas.

How many electricians does it take to change a light bulb?
One.

Why do women fake orgasms?
Because they want to give men the impression that they have climaxed.

Why are there no aspirin in the jungle?
Because it would not be financially viable to attempt to sell
pharmaceuticals in the largely unpopulated rainforest.

Doctor, I've broken my leg.
I'm afraid it is a very bad break. You will never walk again.

There's an Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman and they are all
trapped in a jail cell.
Eventually they all starved to death.

Did you hear about the Irishman found under a shop?
He was killed and buried there. It was gang-related.

What's the difference between a rottwieller and a poodle?
There are many differences. They are two totally different breeds of
dog.

What do you get if you cross a horse and a donkey?
A mule.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 04:50 pm
that's damn good
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 06:46 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

It is tacky at best...

I would feel the same way if he made a post titled "The Jews at the bank won't give me a loan."

((The point being that if stereotypical ethnicity isn't important, then why mention it?))

Jews do not own banks (in the same number, if at all) like Protestants do (in the U.S.).

But, Mexicans do work in gardening jobs.

I believe your example is obsolete at best (actually a canard that came from Europe, I believe). The use of Mexicans is not.

0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 06:55 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
You forgot the leafblowers' noise. It's almost as loud as a hard rock concert. Shouldn't that make up for a lot?
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 06:56 pm
I can't believe no one is outraged that , when speaking of the hard working individuals who built and continue to support America on their backs, e brown refers to men in an obviously intolerant, narrow minded and bigoted snub against women. Has the labor of women not equal value and importance? I need a wine cooler and a hug to soothe my injured sensibilities. Where are the PC police?
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 06:58 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
perhaps on their backs was insensitive towards our female partners in the struggle of life. I apologize and change my statement to read by the sweat of their brows. I am contrite.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 07:08 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

(If I am allowed to drop the racial stereotype issue...)

There is a lack of respect for labor in our country. The guys who are cleaning up leaves are doing honest, hard work to take care of their families or make a future for themselves.

The people who clean offices, paint houses, cut grass and pick up garbage should be respected. While we are out writing computer programs or playing music to drunk college kids we rely on people who are doing these important jobs we don't want to bother with.

The United States has always depended on people willing to do hard, honest labor.

How about a little respect for the working man. America was built on the backs of men like this.

I do not agree ("America was built on the backs of men like this."). America was built on the backs of people that might have maintained their ethnic identity, but became American by learning English, did not travel back and forth to the country of their birth, and identified with the U.S., and its people. This is opposed to thinking of themselves as La Raza (The Race) and celebrating all the holidays from their country of birth (Cinco de Mayo - who cares if the French left Mexico).

We have yet to see if the next generation of Latin American Hispanics (including Mexicans) truly move into higher paying jobs, as other ethnics did, or whether they choose to live in the lower end of the wage scale? We can make no assumptions about the ambitions of another group, other than those we have familiarity with. So, let us be honest, and admit that other than sociologists, many people of European descent do not have familiarity with foreign born Hispanics (this does not include Spanish speaking Puerto Ricans, since they are American at birth), and cannot assume they have the same willingness to ASSIMILATE into the U.S.A., as those European ancestors that came here in steerage, rather than fly in, or came by bus, or however.

Mexicans have been in L.A. how long? One-hundred years? In half that time the Irish already ran Tammany Hall in NYC. Not to mention building the American Catholic church. All ethnics are not equal, as we can see from accomplishments, or lack thereof.
Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 07:13 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
Mexicans have been in L.A. how long? One-hundred years?

Huh?

Do you know any history whatever, foofie? Whatsoever? California was part of Mexico until 1848 when the USA simply appropriated as the spoils of war. 100 years? Mexicans have been there ever since the first Spanish Catholic missionaries came into the country in the late 1600s, early 1700s. It's we white folks who've been in California for something less than 200 years.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 07:20 pm
@Thomas,
reminds of the vocals in a death metal band and I'm not a fan.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 07:21 pm
@Merry Andrew,
A book that was primary for me on this and other matters -

link - Carey McWilliams - Southern California: Island on the Land
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 07:23 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
Mexicans have been in L.A. how long? One-hundred years? In half that time the Irish already ran Tammany Hall in NYC. Not to mention building the American Catholic church. All ethnics are not equal, as we can see from accomplishments, or lack thereof.

Of course there's one thing you left out foo ...they have a different language and they are dark skinned...two items guaranteed to keep you off the top rungs here.

Sure the Irish accomplished a lot...they blended a little better.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 07:26 pm
all I wanted was to express my feelings that leaf blowers are silly and now it's a mother ******* international incident and I'm of Irish descent... and I don't feel assimilated Laughing