There Are Mexicans with Leaf Blowers Under My Window

DrewDad

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 03:30 pm
@Francis,
Francis wrote:

In addition, you cannot distinguish them from the Liechtensteinians..

Silly frog. Liechtensteinians ain't blowers.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 03:32 pm
@tsarstepan,
Careful of those Bulgians. They'll steal your wimmens.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 03:34 pm
@DrewDad,
If I ever get one to steal... I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the warning! Wink
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 03:35 pm
@tsarstepan,
One doesn't need to be Hercule Poirot to recognize a Luxembourgian:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/63/Grand_Duke_Jean_29.09.2006.jpg/398px-Grand_Duke_Jean_29.09.2006.jpg
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 03:35 pm
(If I am allowed to drop the racial stereotype issue...)

There is a lack of respect for labor in our country. The guys who are cleaning up leaves are doing honest, hard work to take care of their families or make a future for themselves.

The people who clean offices, paint houses, cut grass and pick up garbage should be respected. While we are out writing computer programs or playing music to drunk college kids we rely on people who are doing these important jobs we don't want to bother with.

The United States has always depended on people willing to do hard, honest labor.

How about a little respect for the working man. America was built on the backs of men like this.

Gala

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 03:42 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Quote:
Is there nothing that you politically correct to the nth degree assholes can't turn into a godddam cry baby whine about how ******* put upon you are or how goddam smug and sensitive you are because of your deep empathy for the downtrodden?

Jesus Christ, this was a thread about leaf blowers.

I'd say you're the shrill one-- you're posting MO is to get a reaction, that is, when you're not obsessing about your shlong.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 03:43 pm
@ebrown p,
Is it that bumpy riding your high horse?!

I never once had a white collar job in my life. I believe that the minimum wage is a pathetic joke as it isn't a livable wage. I understand that many illegal immigrants here in NYC don't even get that level of pay. I highly respect the cashier, the delivery man, the gardener, et al... in the working world and I'm sure that so do the others of this thread, despite their cheeky attitudes.

I'm fully aware of how the working half lives. You need to be less reactionary and chill out please. Smile
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 03:44 pm
@ebrown p,
And what has that to do with using a leaf blower?
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 03:46 pm
@Linkat,
that would be the question wouldn't it?
0 Replies

Francis

DD wrote:

If you don't mind, I'm gonna leaf through this thread for a little while..
Gala

@ebrown p,
Quote:
There is a lack of respect for labor in our country. The guys who are cleaning up leaves are doing honest, hard work to take care of their families or make a future for themselves.

The people who clean offices, paint houses, cut grass and pick up garbage should be respected. While we are out writing computer programs or playing music to drunk college kids we rely on people who are doing these important jobs we don't want to bother with.

The United States has always depended on people willing to do hard, honest labor.

How about a little respect for the working man. America was built on the backs of men like this.

Thank you for saying this.

0 Replies

tsarstepan

@Linkat,
I wouldn't have guessed that leaf blowers made stable soap boxes but apparently if one has a good sense of balance....
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 03:48 pm
@Gala,
and I'd say you can **** yourself. I'm not shrill.... I just use offensive language since you assholes are going to be offended no matter what ... then have something to be ******* offended about and go to hell. Address me politely and I'll return the favor, otherwise die along with your loved ones and heirs as much as I give a ****.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 03:48 pm
@Francis,
Francis wrote:

DD wrote:

If you don't mind, I'm gonna leaf through this thread for a little while..

0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 03:51 pm
@ebrown p,
I have absolute respect for the working PERSON... I could jump to the conclusion that you only count men among those who work and contribute based on your narrow minded and bigoted anti woman post.... but then I'd be as big a PC pussy as you.... and my wife and children would tell you that one of my oft repeated phrases is that all work has uselfullness and all workers are useful and deserving of respectful treatment. I do however stand by my original intent in this post that leaf blowers are pretty ******* stupid.
ebrown p

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 03:52 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Quote:
would tell you that one of my oft repeated phrases is that all work has uselfullness and all workers are useful.

OK... we agree then.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 04:04 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Wait a minute.

I call "shenanigans"!

Is leaf blowing useful?
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 04:07 pm
@DrewDad,
According to this protest group (of 1?)? Leaf blowers are an abomination!
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/object2/1398/82/n5725703010_7467.jpg
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5725703010
Quote:
Anti-Leaf Blower - pick up a rake you lazy bastards!Category:Common Interest - PoliticsDescription:
I mean really people, can we not just get rid of the damn leaf blowers, can the noise, and maybe get some exercise by picking up a rake?
I am sure that while we are at it we can also get rid of those damn vehicles that cruise around the street sucking up garbage. No **** i saw this guy sit ther for five minutes trying to pick up a coffee cup with one of those machines, chugging out pollution all the while.
what has this world come to ?
too lazy to walk
to lazy to rake
and then blame everyone else because our kids are fat and lazy.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 04:10 pm
@tsarstepan,
Well I guess so, I just took bears post as asking if leaf blowers had any use whatsoever or if people that used them just thought they were cool - who would have known that such an item would cause such a lecture.

There are not too many people I've seen writing things here on A2K that seem unappreciative of those doing more labor intensive work - if anything quite the opposite.

So meep to those who think otherwise.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 04:14 pm
I am highly offended.

All this talk about Belgians and Luxembourgians and Lichtensteinians and so forth and nobody has yet mentioned us Latvians. What's up with that? So we ain't good enough to rake your leaves? Or even blow 'em, for that matter? Bunch'a bigots on this thread.