There Are Mexicans with Leaf Blowers Under My Window

ebrown p

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 02:51 pm
@DrewDad,
Drew,

The problem is the context.

If someone posts a thread entitled "The Jews at the Bank won't give me a loan"-- would you accept that this was demeaning (even though the word "Jew" is not demeaning by itself)?

It is that the ethnicity is completely irrelevant, but is included to add "punch" and reinforce stereotypes that makes it "demeaning".

It seems we have fought racism against Jewish people and African-Americans only to replace it with racism against Latinos and Muslims.

((Ironically this is the first time DrewDad has ever disagreed with me-- what are the odds...))
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 03:01 pm
@ebrown p,
**** you ebrown... you wouldn't have said a goddam word if I'd said there are Hungarians under my window with leaf blowers.... your constant turning around of everything into some ultraliberal whine is ridiculous.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 03:03 pm
@ebrown p,
I'm using the word Mexican to refer to the Mexicans who were below my window you stupid holier than thou goddam son of a bitch.
Gala

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 03:09 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Quote:
I'm using the word Mexican to refer to the Mexicans who were below my window

But you don't know if they're Mexican. They could be from El Salvador, Chile, etc.
Francis

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 03:13 pm
@Gala,
Gala wrote:
But you don't know if they're Mexican.

Why do you suppose he doesn't know?

When I was in Texas or California, I knew who were Mexican and who was not..
0 Replies

Green Witch

I only hire citizens of Luxembourg to be on my landscaping crew.

The leaf blowers are a total waste of time and fossil fuel. There is a version that sucks up leaves and mulches them so you can use them on your garden - now that is a machine worth using.

DrewDad

@ebrown p,
You don't know whether he is factually correct (they could be, in fact, Mexican nationals) or not.

He didn't use racial epithets.

Why the overreaction? Do you fly off the handle every time someone says "Canadian"?
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 03:16 pm
@Gala,
Is there nothing that you politically correct to the nth degree assholes can't turn into a godddam cry baby whine about how ******* put upon you are or how goddam smug and sensitive you are because of your deep empathy for the downtrodden?

Jesus Christ, this was a thread about leaf blowers.
DrewDad

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 03:19 pm
@Green Witch,
I hate it when Luxembourgians run leaf blowers outside my window.

Can't understand their Jibber-jabber.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 03:21 pm
@DrewDad,
Did someone see a Canadian nearby this thread?! Where is the bloody Canuck?! Let me atom!
http://rigsamarole.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/sharkey-tom-5.jpg
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 03:24 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Quote:
Is there nothing that you politically correct to the nth degree assholes can't turn into a godddam cry baby whine about how ******* put upon you are or how goddam smug and sensitive you are because of your deep empathy for the downtrodden?

Bear... I hope you can calm down, dry your tears and appreciate the irony in this post.
tsarstepan

@DrewDad,
ME? I prefer my gardeners from Belgium! Dang illegal Luxembourgians! Bloody wetbacks! Swimming across the Atlantic Ocean to steal our precious precious jobs! Mad
Bi-Polar Bear

@DrewDad,
If young greek girls, who I personally consider to be the most beautiful creatures on God's Earth were running leaf blowers under my window it would still be a stupid waste of time and energy. that was kinda the point of the thread, the silliness of leaf blowers. Of course I could be mistaking them for Italian girls. All those brown skined people are the same to be.

Francis

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 03:25 pm
@DrewDad,
In addition, you cannot distinguish them from the Liechtensteinians..
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 03:26 pm
@ebrown p,
and ebrown, I hope your balls drop one of these days. I'm not angry, just weary of you whiny cocksuckers. Now you can accuse me of being a gay basher and feel even more superior.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 03:27 pm
@Francis,
now THAT'S an outrage.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 03:29 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
There's a "what should they be blowing" joke in there somewhere, but I'm not crude enough to go looking for it.
tsarstepan

@Francis,
That's why I prefer to hire Belgiums. How can you mistake a Belgian ...
http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/passtheremote/poirot.jpg
with Liechtensteinians or Luxembourgians ...
http://www.defence.gov.au/news/armynews/editions/1074/images/cavemen2.jpg?!
Bi-Polar Bear

@DrewDad,
That's why I'm here DD... give me a minute...
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 03:30 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
You beat me to it.
0 Replies