How to "disable" a gas powered leaf blower?

Ted2

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2021 03:39 pm
In a search for a constructive answer I have posted this on an other forum on this site, so if you end up reading it again I apologize in advance. I figured it might generate an answer sooner if I just simply ask a question and start from scratch.
The guy that is running the blower is often on a "break" and on his phone.
The blower is sometimes unattended on the side somewhere on the property.
Last week I managed to cut off the end of the crank, so he can't start the damn thing.
Unfortunately he fixed it (way too soon for my liking), and he was back to his noise making / polluting endeavors.
I deal w/this every day, I got quite tired of it over the years.
Does anyone have an idea of any "effective" ways to disable the gas blower?
If I have a chance I would probably have only a few seconds to cut a wire or something to that effect.
All comments & creative ideas appreciated!
PS. I must mention that I have tried talking to the individual, his supervisor & management Co. in the past numerous times to at least please have the "blowing" done by 9am (I'm running a business in an open air shopping ctr.), by which point most businesses open. Since no-one was willing to cooperate I decided to try an other approach :-)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 643 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Mame

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2021 04:00 pm
@Ted2,
You can put sugar in the tank.
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2021 04:04 pm
@Ted2,

or you can just deal with it, let him do his job, and not vandalize his equipment...
Linkat

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2021 04:15 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

You can put sugar in the tank.

And perhaps you will end up in getting into more trouble as a result of damaging some else's property which would be much worse than Dealing with the noise.
Mame

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2021 04:18 pm
@Linkat,
lol... well, I wasn't serious! Maybe there's a noise bylaw or something he could find out about.
Linkat

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2021 05:26 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

lol... well, I wasn't serious! Maybe there's a noise bylaw or something he could find out about.

That's what I was going to suggest until it read that he wanted him to finish by 9am....I figured the noise thing would in regard to doing this early morning or late night

I mean how much leaves can they have to be doing this every day all day?
Mame

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2021 05:31 pm
@Linkat,
I think there's a bylaw here that you can't operate a noisy machine past x amount of time due to babies, toddlers and the elderly sleeping, and just general annoyance, etc. That's what I'd recommend he check into. Noise pollution is serious.
0 Replies

Ted2

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2021 05:41 pm
@Mame,
.... you comedy gangster :-)
0 Replies

Ted2

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2021 05:55 pm
@Region Philbis,
Thanks for the helpful note, Region Philbis,
The whole reason I reached out here is 'cos they don't respect the "bylaw" for the complex, and no-one is willing to do anything about it. As far as leaves, there are hardly any any leaves, what they're blowing is mainly dust, which is a whole other issue in term of air pollution.
Linkat

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2021 06:53 pm
@Ted2,
Ted2 wrote:

Thanks for the helpful note, Region Philbis,
The whole reason I reached out here is 'cos they don't respect the "bylaw" for the complex, and no-one is willing to do anything about it. As far as leaves, there are hardly any any leaves, what they're blowing is mainly dust, which is a whole other issue in term of air pollution.

Small claims court?

Seriously do you have a lawyer for your business ? Maybe have him or her draft a letter ...sometimes just the thought of bringing something like this via a lawyer is enough to scare them to comply.send it to the business causing the infraction and the management company as they are not enforcing their policies.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2021 05:14 pm
@Ted2,
.30-06
0 Replies