Box Tops for Education on ebay

Linkat

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 12:16 pm
Any other parent collect these for their school? My kids' school collects these as a fund raiser. Bascially they are on certain items you may buy every day - usually items from the grocery store or other household products. Each one is worth 10 cents for your school. I even have grandparents cutting these out and saving them - each school year I probably collect about $20 worth.

So I'm on ebay and I notice that people are selling these box tops. I figure what the h*ll if it is half the price (including shipping) maybe I'll get some as a donation to the school. So I look at the bids and think - What the f*ck? The bids are higher than the school can collect (ie 10 box tops is bid for $1.04; 1,000 box tops bid is $120.99). Why the h*ll would you pay more than they are worth? Wouldn't you just give the $100 to the school instead? Am I missing something?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,593 • Replies: 3
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 01:01 pm
@Linkat,
I guess it's the pathetic bragging rights of a parent who can claim their child has brought in 1000+ box tops.

Just think what else the type of person is hoarding if he or she already has an existing collection of 1000 box tops.
djjd62

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 01:06 pm
i did get a copy of The Four Tops Live on craigslist
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 01:17 pm
@tsarstepan,
It could be - I know at my kids' school, the class that collects the most per student gets a free ice cream party. I figure I'd just donate the money rather than go through the crap of ordering on ebay and paying more than it is worth.
0 Replies