Man Gets 3 Years in Prison for Sex With Horse

Wed 4 Nov, 2009 06:51 pm

Quote:
" A South Carolina man caught on video having sex with a horse was sentenced Wednesday to three years in prison after pleading guilty for the second time in two years to abusing the creature.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091105/ap_on_re_us/us_horse_molester

I really don't know what to think about this. Does the man deserve to go to prison for three years? If you were the judge, what would you do?

tsarstepan

Wed 4 Nov, 2009 06:58 pm
@Phoenix32890,
I'm wondering who would be bold enough to star in the inevitable film adaptation. It could be marketed as the cinematic yang to Robert Redford's yin, The Horse Whisperer.

Of course, it would be directed by John Waters, infamous cult director of Pink Flamingo and Hairspray.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Wed 4 Nov, 2009 07:08 pm
In Russia, horse has sex with YOU.
boomerang

Wed 4 Nov, 2009 07:08 pm
I take it you've never seen the "documentary" Zoo, tsarstephan?

I'm not recommending that you watch it but this story ain't got nothing on that one and the people involved in the Zoo story appear in the film (except for the one who died, of course).

If I recall, Phoenix, the people involved in that case didn't spend any time in jail at all. I'll look it up though.....
boomerang

Wed 4 Nov, 2009 07:13 pm
@boomerang,
I was right... nobody was charged:

Quote:
Prosecutors later determined that the horse, an Arabian stallion, had not been injured by being allowed to engage in sex in this manner. The photographer, 54-year old James Michael Tait of Enumclaw,[9] was later charged with trespassing, since this act took place on a third party's property. A third man alleged to have been present was not charged. According to the Medical Examiner's Office, Pinyan "died of acute peritonitis due to perforation of the colon",[10] and the death was ruled accidental.[11]

Other factors surrounding the death were apparently that the deceased, concerned about appearing in a hospital with an unusual internal injury and the effect on his security clearance as an engineer for aerospace company Boeing, had apparently refused his friends' urging to go to the hospital for several hours after being aware he was internally injured, and was either beyond treatment or dead when he finally reached the ER.[citation needed]

Media reports at the time of the trial suggested that despite seizing and examining carefully a large number of such videos from the property, no evidence of injury to the horses was found, precluding animal cruelty charges, and that the trespass charge against Tait were brought due to lack of grounds for any other matter:

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Wed 4 Nov, 2009 07:16 pm
@boomerang,
I believe I read the reviews and ... well ... that's as far as I plan to go with the documentary on bestiality.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Wed 4 Nov, 2009 07:17 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

In Russia, horse has sex with YOU.
you spend a lot of time in Russia?
0 Replies

maporsche

Wed 4 Nov, 2009 07:39 pm
@Phoenix32890,
This is quite excessive. I believe I've heard of people convicted of rape who get less time in jail.
Ceili

Wed 4 Nov, 2009 07:48 pm
@maporsche,
I was thinking the same thing.

As gross as this is, I think a horse could handle a human. I've seen stallions going at it, not many dudes can compare. lol
farmerman

Wed 4 Nov, 2009 08:36 pm
@Ceili,
Will they keep in touch?
Ceili

Wed 4 Nov, 2009 08:53 pm
@farmerman,
I hate to make predictions on relationships. Always tricky business..
Dunnbeatable

Thu 5 Nov, 2009 01:58 am
@Phoenix32890,
South Carolina eh? Depends was it a black gay horse? Yeah, I went there.
0 Replies

chai2

Thu 5 Nov, 2009 06:17 am
In all seriousness, I'd like to hear what an animal pychologist has to say about the damage this has done to the horse.

Unless I missed something, it doesn't say anything in the article about the horse being male or female. Sure, the name of the horse is Sugar, but I can't go 100% by the name as to the horses gender.

In the case of the Zoo documentary (which I haven't seen, just going by the discussion on boomers thread about it) my disgust more lay with the fact it was a stallion entering a man, the the resulting damage it caused (shudder).

However, was the stallion forced to perform sex? I don't know.
I don't know how the stallion perceived having sex with another species.
Once the stallion got an erection, did it care what/who it had sex with? Did the stallion consider it later?

I don't know.

In the case, was the situation the same as the above? Or is the horse a mare?
Did the man hurt the horse physically, even somewhat, by trying to enter the mare when she wasn't in estrus? Of course there's a size difference, but I don't know how a mare would physcially feel about being entered when she wasn't ready, or in the mood.
Would there have been a mental component for the animal? I can't say for sure, but I don't believe a stallion would have approached her if it wasn't her time.
Or was she is estrus at the time?

The woman said her horse was acting strangely.
What does that mean exactly?

Bottom line is, I don't know how I feel about this case either, as I don't know enough about it.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Thu 5 Nov, 2009 09:04 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

This is quite excessive. I believe I've heard of people convicted of rape who get less time in jail.

That was my first thought. When I think of women who are brutalized by their partners, the horse thing pales in comparison.

That is not to say that the man should not be punished. He did trespass, and had sex with the horse. But three years????
0 Replies

engineer

Thu 5 Nov, 2009 09:23 am
@Phoenix32890,
There are some aggregating factors here. The man is a repeat offender, repeatedly trespassing on private property and has been convicted of the same offense before. The owner claims the horse started getting "infections" although I didn't see any evidence they were connected; maybe some was presented in court. Finally, it's not his horse.
0 Replies

Linkat

Thu 5 Nov, 2009 09:24 am
@Phoenix32890,
I agree with the judge - this is the second offense. A horse does not have the capability to have consenting sex with a man - doesn't an animal have rights against abuse?
Gargamel

Thu 5 Nov, 2009 09:42 am
Look, if we continue to prosecute every single horsefucker, how can we hope to preserve the dwindling centaur population?

Think of someone other than yourself for once.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Thu 5 Nov, 2009 10:41 am
That horse was askin' for it.
Gargamel

Thu 5 Nov, 2009 10:50 am
@joefromchicago,
Seriously. You don't wear a saddle like that expecting to go straight home after the club.
0 Replies

djjd62

Thu 5 Nov, 2009 10:55 am
was it matthew broderick, cause that's not a horse, that's his wife

i'm sorry jessica, cheer up, why the long face

thank you, you've been a great crowd, i'll be here all week

dont' forget to tip your servers