Should I get glasses?

ossobuco

Wed 9 Mar, 2011 04:41 pm
@chai2,
Those are the kind I like, nice wide screen..

Monterey,

On drugstore glasses re distance vision glasses - depends on how your eyes are, re whether or not one is a multiple or weaker than the other. I don't really understand about a lens for distance vision being somehow weaker, if that is ever true. I remember you said you weren't sure.

I've always been very nearsighted (and have had a deluge of eye obnoxiousness over the years); being nearsighted means that at age nine it was discovered I didn't see well far away, say, the blackboard. My prescription was always quite strong. Now I wear trifocals and so for the distance part of my tris the prescription is very strong + thick; the middle part - say for looking at the bookshelves ten feet from me - weaker; and the correction for seeing the computer, quite weak. The numbers changed after cataracts (don't get me and some other folks here started re dealing with them, phoenix, panzade, and me and probably more, but cataract surgery is usually an easy and successful surgery).

Anyway, my new lenses made my vision more like, um, ordinary nearsighted people's. My near vision is set to reading at 12" away from my eyes. I probably don't actually need trifocals, but I like them since I don't have to jerk off my glasses to see how many mph I'm driving at - I just look down, and the speedometer is down vs. my eye level anyway. People who aren't as majorly nearsighted can get away with bifocals since they can probably read the speedometer with the lower part of the glasses.
0 Replies

Linkat

Thu 10 Mar, 2011 09:52 am
@chai2,
Yeah that's about it. Although I don't have that curly hair.
0 Replies

garry12

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 10:48 am
@Linkat,
I think you should buy the glasses.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 11:22 am
@Linkat,
Don't fix what isn't broke. You'll know when to get eyeglasses. It's obviously minor now, but our eyes denigrate as we age - which is normal.

Wearing glasses isn't about vanity; it's about being safe and the ability to see your environment while you walk and drive.
0 Replies

Linkat

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 01:28 pm
I BOUGHT THE DAMN GLASSES! What are you all 6 year olds???

I feel that way as I have repeated this 20 times.
0 Replies