JP DENIES INTERACIAL COUPLE MARRAIGE LISCENSE

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 12:42 pm
@Diest TKO,
Quote:
Then correcting this incorrect premise in your mind is the first step in understanding the issues surrounding minorities in the USA.

what is your evidence??
Rockhead

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 12:45 pm
@hawkeye10,
where is your sheet?
Diest TKO

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 12:48 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
Then correcting this incorrect premise in your mind is the first step in understanding the issues surrounding minorities in the USA.

what is your evidence??

You made the assertion, it's your burden of proof. Demonstrate how blacks are more criminal evenly along the different levels of poverty/wealth. Then demonstrate how other races are less criminal along the different levels of poverty/wealth.

Have fun.

T
K
O
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 12:49 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
where is your sheet?

A cheep shot as per normal for you. If you have any facts/evidence feel free to contribute, though of course you will not.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 12:53 pm
respect is earned.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 01:00 pm
@Diest TKO,
YOu are arguing I assume that the justice system is racist. We can negate that by looking at the homicide rate among blacks, which is much higher than for whites. The production of corpses before the justice system has been involved shows that justice racism can not account for the violent ending of black life. It can only be accounted by the conduct of black life. That the justice system usually finds other blacks the cause of black homicide is icing on the cake.

Quote:
About 93% of all black homicide victims are killed by a black perpetrator overall.

http://www.davidduke.com/general/12548_12548.html
Quote:
In 1998, Salber and Taliaferro reported that the spousal homicide rate among African Americans is 8.4 times more than for whites
Debra Law

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 01:01 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

The group think here is impressive, but you all have got this completely wrong.

This man is the boy refusing to stand up for the pledge. Yes, we cheer when a grade school kid refuses to participate in a ritual he doesn't agree with. And we are impressed with the ability to resist the pressure of social expectation. But then, when this boy becomes an adult and refuses to participate in a ritual he doesn't agree with-- we get upset?

I don't understand the need of people here to crush anyone who dares to hold a belief they don't share. This man is doing no harm-- to society or to anyone else. There is no reason to force him to act against his conscience.

We either accept diversity and respect people with different opinions, or we quite pretending to believe in freedom.

ebrown: The two situations that you are discussing are alike, but not in the way you think. You are erroneously comparing the justice of the peace (a state actor) to a student (not a state actor). You must compare the justice of the peace (a state actor) to the teacher (another state actor).

Please refer to the following language in the Fourteenth Amendment:

"No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

The Fourteenth Amendment secures individual rights by prohibiting the STATE from encroaching upon those rights. A STATE cannot act except through STATE ACTORS. A justice of the peace is a state actor. He is paid by the state government (or by a political subdivision of the state) to perform ministerial, non-discretionary duties. One of the non-discretionary duties that are required of a justice of the peace is to solemnize marriages. A state (by and through its state actors) may not deny to any person within its juridiction the equal protection of the laws. As state actors, government officials (e.g., justices of the peace) do not have any discretion whatsoever to discriminate against individual citizens on the basis of race. No one is above the law. The justice of the peace who refused to solemnize an interracial marriage violated the Fourteenth Amendment (the Supreme Law of the Land).

In this situation, the individuals who were discriminated against on the basis of their race are standing up for their rights secured by the Constitution. The individuals who were turned away by a state actor because of their race are the ones who are comparable to the child who refused to say the pledge. (As a state actor, a teacher cannot force a child to say the pledge without violating the child's rights secured by the Constitution.)

Because you made an erroneous comparison, ebrown p, you're the one who got this completely wrong.

0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 01:02 pm
@hawkeye10,
Y'know, Hawk, I used to think that you're just a vague annoyance and sometime pain-in-the-ass. But with this racist screed you've finally convinced me that you're a total, irredeemable asshole.
maporsche

@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
About 93% of all black homicide victims are killed by a black perpetrator overall.

I wonder how many white homicide victims are killed by a white perpertrator?
KiwiChic

@hawkeye10,
Quote:
We could talk about how blacks don't get educated so as to get into a position were they can do good things for the collective.

Well unless I'm colour blind isn't your president and the first lady black?

Debra Law

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 01:03 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

ebrown p wrote:

The group think here is impressive, but you all have got this completely wrong.

This man is the boy refusing to stand up for the pledge.

This just continues to stick in my mind. The couple is the boy. The judge is the teacher, the authority figure who is using the power of his office to enforce his unfair personal opinion. If he had no official power, then his opinion, while repulsive, would be his to have.

EXACTLY!
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 01:05 pm
@KiwiChic,
I'm certain that hawkeye is speaking in generalities.

Fewer blacks graduate high school than whites (for example).
http://www.childtrendsdatabank.org/indicators/1HighSchoolDropout.cfm

Of couse that is a different statement than saying:

Blacks do not graduate high school.
Diest TKO

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 01:06 pm
@Diest TKO,
Diest TKO wrote:
Demonstrate how blacks are more criminal evenly along the different levels of poverty/wealth. Then demonstrate how other races are less criminal along the different levels of poverty/wealth.

It doesn't matter how many more black murders there are. When you murder someone, you stand before a judge to be judged for your crimes, not the grand total of the crimes committed by your race or gender.

Your burden of proof remains. you haven't demonstrated how blacks are more criminal, because you haven't isolated that these crimes you've presented resolved to being committed due to their race and not some other factor.

Your burden remains. Have fun.

T
K
O
maporsche

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 01:09 pm
@Diest TKO,
Diest TKO wrote:

Your burden of proof remains. you haven't demonstrated how blacks are more criminal, because you haven't isolated that these crimes you've presented resolved to being committed due to their race and not some other factor.

I don't think he has to prove 'why' they are more criminal. He's already established that they are (regardless of the reason). He has proven that blacks commit more crimes (such as homicide).

I'm more inclined (like you) to believe this to be a factor of poverty than race (but you brought this into the discussion, not Hawkeye, so I would think the burden of proof is on you to show that it's due to poverty, not race). Unfortunately the poverty rate among blacks is very high (compared to other races).
Debra Law

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 01:12 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

the Lady Diane was a JP in the state of ********, she performed marriages, she was not an employee of the state. She was only paid by persons who hired her for services. Not unlike a notary public.

Still, justices of the peace and notaries public are PUBLIC officials (state actors). A notary public cannot refuse to discriminate against those who seek her services on the basis of race. To do so would violate the Fourteenth Amendment.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 01:15 pm
@maporsche,
His original statement was that blacks are more criminal. Perhaps then he believes that if whites were in the same situation they would be just as criminal? That would clarify a lot. It would mean that there is nothing unique about their criminal nature when compared to others though.

T
K
O
0 Replies

Pamela Rosa

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 01:16 pm
Quote:
"I stand by my decision, and it is my right not to marry an interracial couple. It's wrong."
http://edition.cnn.com/video/savp/evp/?loc=dom&vid=/video/living/2009/10/16/wafb.no.interracial.marriage.wafb

Justice Keith Bardwell is a courageous, brave man.
Only I've got a problem with his "interracial":

Quote:
For nulliparous women delivering single infants after spontaneous onset of labour the median gestational age at delivery was 39 completed weeks in the Black and Asian groups and 40 completed weeks in the white European group.
http://ije.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/full/33/1/107

Quote:
The length of gestation varies from species to species
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/232124/gestation

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 01:17 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Diest TKO wrote:

I don't think he has to prove 'why' they are more criminal. He's already established that they are (regardless of the reason). He has proven that blacks commit more crimes (such as homicide).

I'm more inclined (like you) to believe this to be a factor of poverty than race (but you brought this into the discussion, not Hawkeye, so I would think the burden of proof is on you to show that it's due to poverty, not race). Unfortunately the poverty rate among blacks is very high (compared to other races).

I don't understand what this has to do with the JP that refused to marry a couple.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 01:17 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
I'm certain that hawkeye is speaking in generalities.

read my post again properly, seeing as you are so quick to comment.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 01:27 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
I wonder how many white homicide victims are killed by a white perpertrator?

85%, which given that the white population is much much bigger than the black population shows that black on black is much worse than white on white homicide