JP DENIES INTERACIAL COUPLE MARRAIGE LISCENSE

High Seas

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2009 03:45 pm
@Eorl,
Eorl wrote:

"I'm not a racist," he said. They always seem to say that don't they? Even High Seas said it.

The problem with this sentence isn't just the syntax, already noted by Andrew, it's the fact it's false. I never made the least statement on whether the JP is "a racist" or otherwise - in fact I never use the term (other than in quotations) since it's as content-free as assorted other insults thrown around the internet, like "nazi", not to mention other insults seen only on this thread like "rapist" (sic). Please check your statements before posting them.

Since Joe is here, though, I want to ask whether, if it can be shown that the JP resigned after receiving threats, whoever issued such - hypothetical - threats can be prosecuted. I do recall a New Zealand poster making indirect threats right here, but given the distance involved that's irrelevant.
joefromchicago

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2009 04:43 pm
@High Seas,
High Seas wrote:
Since Joe is here, though, I want to ask whether, if it can be shown that the JP resigned after receiving threats, whoever issued such - hypothetical - threats can be prosecuted.

Maybe. I don't know. That's a pretty vague hypothetical.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2009 06:46 pm
@High Seas,
I was saying that you claimed not to be racist yourself. But looking back, I see you never did actually deny it. Rather, you just say the term is meaningless and that you never use it. Hmmm. Can't imagine why.
JTT

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2009 07:47 pm
@Eorl,
Quote:
Rather, you just say the term is meaningless and that you never use it. Hmmm. Can't imagine why.

Because High Seas has a dismal understanding of language.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2009 08:00 pm
@Eorl,
Thanks, Eorl.

Where's Merry gotten to?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2009 08:02 pm
@High Seas,
Quote:
High Seas suggests: Please check your statements before posting them.

Excellent advice, HS. You might consider following it.

Quote:
ask somebody WHY you invariably use double negatives

I don't "invariably" use double negatives. Either this is another willful lie or, hypocrite that you are, you simply haven't checked your statements before posting them.

Anyone got a coin?
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2009 08:27 pm
@High Seas,
High Seas wrote:
Quote:
I do recall a New Zealand poster making indirect threats right here, but given the distance involved that's irrelevant

LOL OMG are you serious? well seeing that Im the only New Zealander on here obviously that was me...you make it sound like I have personally made indirect threats???, which was not the case at all, that was not even directed to you it was a conversation of MY opinion to someone else on here and if as you state "given the distance its irrelevant" why even bring it up?.....I see that you are determined to show that everything you say is correct and damn everyone else's opinion but hey you will continue to argue the cause anyway.
JTT

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2009 10:34 pm
@KiwiChic,
Quote:
I see that you are determined to show that everything you say is correct

I have seen some determination in High Seas, KC, but there's been absolutely nothing to indicate that anything she says is correct.
0 Replies