JP DENIES INTERACIAL COUPLE MARRAIGE LISCENSE

roger

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2009 02:18 pm
@maporsche,
The right to keep and bare feet shall not be infringed.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2009 08:38 pm
@High Seas,
You're all mouth, HS, nothing more.
High Seas

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 04:43 pm
@JTT,
So sorry, JTT, you will never hope to reach mastery of symbolic logic or of any western language, having started (from a shaky basis) far too late to deploy pattern-recognition eidetic structures; ask somebody WHY you invariably use double negatives (as in your only other post on this thread) or use Chomsky-defined nonsensical constructs ("all mouth" instead of "all talk") as in your second post on this thread. Even our brothers and sisters the chimpanzees (recently classified into our own genus, "homo") do better than you, in case you're not in touch with Kyoto U:
Quote:
Matsuzawa said the chimps' memory ability is reminiscent of "eidetic imagery," a special ability to retain a detailed and accurate image of a complex scene or pattern. Such a "photographic memory" is known to be present in some normal human children, and then the ability declines with the age, he added.....

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/12/071203094823.htm
No, please don't bother replying, this thread is already overrun by posters even less conversant with logic than you are - good bye, JTT Smile
Diest TKO

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 04:46 pm
Hows it go again?..

"This is by far the second best aboriginal-primate-intelligence-inter-racial-marriage thread I've ever participated in."

T
K
O
High Seas

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 04:55 pm
@Diest TKO,
LOL TKO, if Chimpy, whose photograph graces the article I just linked on her mathematical abilities >
http://www.sciencedaily.com/images/2007/12/071203094823-large.jpg
> does better than the best and the brightest of the rest of us, why would you begrudge her that credit?! Remember, please, that chimpanzee DNA is only 500,000 generations apart from ours (maybe excluding JTT) which makes Chimpy much closer to us (again excluding JTT) than she is compared to our common cousins the gorillas. Our brothers and sisters chimpanzees are entitled by rights to life, liberty, and freedom from torture - read up on it sometime. One day I hope to see all intelligent relatives of ours including dolphins, whales, dogs, wolves, and of course all great apes covered by the same bill of rights.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 05:24 pm
@High Seas,
As I said, HS, you're all mouth with nothing but babble oozing out. That's not overly surprising considering the thought processes you exhibit here.

You seem to suggest that you're one of these idiots who thinks that in language, double negation always leads to a positive.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 06:21 pm
@High Seas,
Quote:
(as in your only other post on this thread) or ... as in your second post on this thread.

While the majority of your lies are normally better disguised, I'm not at all reluctant to point out your bald-faced lie, above.

Or, your grasp of reality is so tenuous that you're not at all certain exactly what is in these threads that you "participate" in.
Sglass

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2009 02:26 pm
@JTT,
JTT are you having your monthly? Your mouth is bleeding.
JTT

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2009 02:38 pm
@Sglass,
No, Sglass. I'm just tired of HS's lies.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2009 02:38 pm
@Sglass,
Thanks, Seaglass, but expecting any kind of rational speech from JTT represents a triumph of optimism over experience Smile
JTT

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2009 02:59 pm
@High Seas,
I think that you might find it refreshing if you were to exhibit a scintilla of honesty, High Seas, and address the issues that you raised?

Surely there's more to your knowledge of language than the glib parade of buzzwords you so frequently use.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2009 05:19 pm
A Louisiana justice of the peace who refused to marry a couple because the bride was white and groom was black resigned Tuesday.

Keith Bardwell, who is white, quit the post with a one-sentence statement to Louisiana Secretary of State Jay Dardenne and no explanation of his decision: "I do hereby resign the office of Justice of the Peace for the Eighth Ward of Tangipahoa Parish, Louisiana, effective November 3, 2009."

About time! -edgarblythe
maporsche

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2009 05:23 pm
@edgarblythe,
By resigning, I assume all of his benefits and pensions remain in full effect. I wonder if that'd be true if be were fired.
Eorl

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2009 08:24 pm
"I'm not a racist," he said.

They always seem to say that don't they? Even High Seas said it.
Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2009 09:38 pm
@Eorl,
That's because in their own minds they're not, Eorl. What's in a word? It means different things to different people.
Eorl

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2009 10:11 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Yeah, I know. (sigh).

(... and when I say "they always seem to say that", you know I mean "it seems they always say that". It's a pet hate syntax error that I seem to have been infected with. Thanks for nothing Laurie Anderson!)
Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2009 11:21 pm
@Eorl,
JTT would say it's no error.
I disagree but I forgive you. Smile
JTT

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2009 12:08 am
@Merry Andrew,
I'll reserve judgment for now but I'd just be awfully interested to see you explain why it's an error, Merry or Eorl.
Eorl

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2009 12:24 am
@JTT,
"they always seem to say that":
On every occaision they look like they are saying that, though they may not actually be, as "seem" allows for error, illusion, etc

"it seems they always say that":
I get the impression, though it may not be reliable, that they say that every time.

So it's about what the "seem" applies to, the saying or the always.
joefromchicago

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2009 09:03 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

By resigning, I assume all of his benefits and pensions remain in full effect. I wonder if that'd be true if be were fired.

He's an elected official. He can't be fired.
0 Replies