DREAMING , A PALLETTE

farmerman

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2009 05:58 am
@msolga,
It would be a good theory except I wont be teaching ANY courses till next spring. Ive been sort of on a sabbatical and Im only an adjunct teacher now. When I do teach Im always douing graphs and contour maps and cross sections which I really have to fight with the software (called Rockware) since it only lets the default data come out in garish colors. I had one of my company guys adjust the pallette just fow me so my graphics look more realistic (I use actual Munsell colors (numerical color system)to convey a rock cross section).

Strangely, someone e mailed me from Princeton about how eating "certain cheeses was a cause for wild dreams. We dsid have a bunch of different cheeses at our dinner on Saturday , so maybe that was the reason. I understand that the cheese study was on a nightime UFO radio program . Ill check out their website.

Another thing that has psychotropic effects is basil and we were gnoshing on some new pesto my wife made all day Saturday. It is , as Mr Dickens said.(and I paraphrase):

"Spirit,You are merely some gravy or a portion of undigested beef "...
farmerman

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 04:26 am
@farmerman,
As an experiment, I tried a healthy pile of pesto on crackers before beddy time and di (sort of) recreate the consitions of the dreams of the other night. I was dreaming of brilliant fall days at the area around "Worlds End" park in NE Pa. It was a brilliant mix of yellow, orange, leaves on trees as I circled overhead in a brilliant Ultramarine sky. It has now given me a sense of experimentation in my choice of evening snacks.
msolga

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 12:16 am
@farmerman,
I'm wondering what a fiery, hot curry might do for your dream palette, farmer.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 12:51 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Believe it or not, last night was the first time I realized that I dreamed in garish technicolor. My dreams ahve always been enetertaining but color was always earth tone and blue sky with occasional flowers or brilliant fish, etc.

LAst night I was running a school course in my dreams and I was presenting all sorts of graphics. The colors of which were gaudy and really badly juxtaposed (I wonder whether theres something to whether I was evidencing some classical symptom of early dementia by showing graphs in all these garish complementary colors. I was really startled at my play of colors . I woke up like it was a nightmare when one of my graphs was in a brilliant purple and yellow with red and green at the bottom. I cant put em out of my mind.

Im really worried, this has never (to my recollection) happened before.
Did your students object?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 12:53 am
@farmerman,

R u gonna keep a dream diary ?
farmerman

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 04:27 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I hadnt given it any consideration, so probably not. Theres a well known writer that lives near us who does. He uses his dream lines to weave into some of his work. Hes gotten into screen plays which are quite different from his books (which are more fact based)
chai2

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 06:47 am
@farmerman,
One of the funniest books I've ever read...

http://www.redroom.com/files/images/9751796.preview.jpg
Setanta

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 07:08 am
Keeping a dream diary can be underwhelming . . . Dorothy Parker decided to do that once upon a time, and she awoke from a dream in the middle of the night, terribly excited because she had had profound insight into the "battle of the sexes" which she did not wish to lose, so she wrote it down.

The next morning, she read her note, which ran: "Higamous, hogamous, women are monogamous, hogamous, higamous, men are polygamous."
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 09:45 am
@chai2,
"With a heart as tender as a marshmallow chick..."
0 Replies