My God... What An Idiot...

parados

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2009 09:17 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

It might be wishful thinking that the majority that elected him are also all for the reform of health care. The "will of the majority of Americans" may not be behind the health care reform; especially because many young people, that voted for Obama, might not all want to be forced into paying insurance premiums while they are young.

Your statement is so filled with wishful thinking it debunks itself.

NEXT.....
Foofie

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2009 09:17 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Foofie wrote:
I being a dummy not made of wood.

You finally got something right!

Should you not be playing golf right about now?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2009 09:20 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

Foofie wrote:

It might be wishful thinking that the majority that elected him are also all for the reform of health care. The "will of the majority of Americans" may not be behind the health care reform; especially because many young people, that voted for Obama, might not all want to be forced into paying insurance premiums while they are young.

NEXT.....

Sorry, I believe the above makes much sense; many young folks, that voted for Obama, do not want to be saddled with forced premiums to a public option on health care.
ebrown p

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2009 09:26 am
@Foofie,
Healh care was a campaign promise that Obama made. It was featured prominently in the election (certainly before the election). People who were very opposed to reform of health care didn't vote for Obama-- and yet he won.

Polls continue to show support for a "public option" from a majority of Americans.

0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2009 09:30 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

parados wrote:

Foofie wrote:

NEXT.....

Sorry, I believe the above makes much sense; many young folks, that voted for Obama, do not want to be saddled with forced premiums to a public option on health care.

What do you know about young folks these days? Not much, it seems.

Cycloptichorn
parados

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2009 09:35 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

And I am sure Joe Wilson thinks his "liar" statement made sense. Just because you "believe" it doesn't mean it can't be easily debunked. Your "belief" without supporting facts is why I said it debunks itself.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2009 10:52 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Foofie wrote:

parados wrote:

Foofie wrote:

NEXT.....

Cycloptichorn

I know that collectively the generation feels entitled to things that their parents generation collectively did not feel entitled to.

What is the purpose of rhetorical questions above (that you answer yourself)? You like that style of posting?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2009 10:58 am
@Foofie,
Quote:

I know that collectively the generation feels entitled to things that their parents generation collectively did not feel entitled to.

How do you know this? Did we tell you? I think not.

Quote:
What is the purpose of rhetorical questions above (that you answer yourself)? You like that style of posting?

Do I like that style of posting? Yes, I do.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2009 11:01 am
@Foofie,
Quote:

You mean like women being able to vote?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2009 11:04 am
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

Quote:

Maybe equal rights for those of all skin pigmentation. I bet that's what she is referring to.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2009 11:04 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

You're kidding, right? You do know who benefits the most from entitlements?

Last I heard, three-fifths of entitlements go to families with at least one elderly member.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2009 11:05 am
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

Quote:

Or black people being able to sit wherever they want on a public bus?
ebrown p

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2009 11:09 am
@FreeDuck,
OK FreeDuck,

Other than women being able to vote, black people being able to sit whether they want on a public bus, ending child labor and ensuring Social Security....

What have the liberals ever given to us?
Diest TKO

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2009 11:13 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

Foofie wrote:

parados wrote:

Foofie wrote:

NEXT.....

Cycloptichorn

Us young folks have Baby Boomers for parents. In a race to demonstrate entitlement, we can't keep up with our parents. The Gen Y and Millennials are known more for charity than entitlement. I'd say the younger voters want results and are willing to pay the bill for the things they want.

The man with the $50 bicycle is not envious of the man with the $10 bicycle without wheels.
K
O
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2009 11:15 am
@ebrown p,
Illegal immigration, by refusing to do anyhing to stop it.
Stupid gun laws
eco terrorists (ELF)
stupid drug laws, not allowing drug dealers to be stopped

Those are just a few.
Now, I know you are going to say that liberals didnt do this, or that groups like ELF are not liberal groups.
But they do claim to be acting from the liberal side of the spectrum.
DrewDad

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2009 11:16 am
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:
What have the liberals ever given to us?

Public education? FDA? Anti-trust legislation?

Damn those liberals and their life-changing ways!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2009 11:18 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:
Illegal immigration, by refusing to do anyhing to stop it.

I believe it's the Conservatives that are working to ensure that undocumented workers can still be employed. God forbid we have a place for employers to check to see if someone is authorized to work in the US.

Dry up the jobs, and folks will stop flocking here. (Actually, that's actually happening with the recession.)

Of course, it'll cost more to have your lawn mowed, and farm products (everything from vegetables to packaged meats) will go up in price.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2009 11:21 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:
Now, I know you are going to say that liberals didnt do this, or that groups like ELF are not liberal groups.
But they do claim to be acting from the liberal side of the spectrum.

Let's just balance that with the abortion clinic bombers, shall we?
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2009 11:24 am
I am not surprised by Limbaugh's opinion on this.

Quote:
Thursday Quotes: The Truth Detector
(RushLimbaugh.com, September 10, 2009)

"Joe Wilson simply articulated what millions of Americans were saying. I was shouting, 'You're lying!' throughout the speech at the television."

"President Barack Obama gave a grossly inappropriate and, to me, embarrassing speech, a campaign speech disguised as a big speech to a joint session of Congress."

"That speech last night was a fraud. It was dishonest. It demeaned the office of the presidency."

"We are in the midst of an administration that is trying to totally tear down the institutions and traditions that have made this country great."

"Barack Obama, the architect of waste, fraud, deficit spending, lying, everything you can think of, says that he is going to use the waste and fraud and abuse in government to pay for more government!"

"Folks, if we're serious about the things that we're charging, if we're serious about the things that we're accusing this administration of, then we cannot trash and destroy and discard one of our own."

"Finally somebody in the Republican Party spoke up. May not have been the best place, but, frankly, I don't have a problem at all with what he did because of the serious nature of what we face."

"Why is it okay for Obama, as president of the United States, in a legislative setting to come out here and lie through his teeth and somehow it's bad form for Congressman Joe Wilson to tell the truth in the same setting? They were harping today on the truth-teller. It ought to be the other way around."

"If Obama gets his way we're going to legalize 12 to 20 million illegals, and they're going to become citizens and they're going to get coverage."

"The crisis that should be addressed by this president last night is the one of his making: nearly three million unemployed. He had the audacity to open up last night and tell people we're coming back from the brink."

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_091009/content/01125100.Par.0002.ImageFile.gif
DrewDad

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2009 11:33 am
@wandeljw,
That's just laughable. He should boil it down to, "Obama's the Antichrist!"
0 Replies