Obsessive compulsive lawn mowing neighbor?

Chumly

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 01:38 pm
How can I get my obsessive compulsive lawn mowing neighbor to stop mowing his lawn three - four times a week for hours on end with a noisy old piece of crap gas push mower? I live in a real quite area surrounded by parkland at the end of a dead end street and this bonehead ruins the tranquility with invasive regularity!

I can't easily get to his noisy old piece of crap gas push mower to sabotage it, alas.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 19 • Views: 10,855 • Replies: 52
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 01:44 pm
Break out your own lawn mower. By working with him, shoulder to shoulder, you could cut the noisy time in half.
roger

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 01:45 pm
@Chumly,
Does his name happen to be something like Morgan Wood?
Chumly

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 02:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
Alas, I have no lawn mower as we have no lawn, unlike Mr. Goofcourse we left our land au naturel (at least more so).
farmerman

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 02:32 pm
@Chumly,
spray his lawn with Roundup and 2,4-D. Thatll cut down the mower time by 100%
Ticomaya

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 02:34 pm
@Chumly,
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8731/410xabveqolss500.jpg
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 02:34 pm
@roger,
Now he's got the goddamn-loudest-most-*******-turbine-screaming-cheesy vacuum I've ever heard this side of a Korean-era jet, and I would image he's vacuuming his crappy-over-sized-gas-guzzling-tip-over-prone-pig SUV.
Chumly

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 02:38 pm
@farmerman,
I have a backpack type garden sprayer so I would need to sneak out into the night and spray his acre or so, but we're all on well water so that crap would leach into the ground, right?

If I could get access to his crappy mower I could pull the spark plug and shoot in some silica to make short work of the cylinder bore!
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 02:43 pm
I don't have wood for Wood!
Quote:
Morgan Wood, arts activist, was born and raised in southern Saskatchewan. Her family is from the Michel Calihou Band in Alberta.

She obtained a BA Indian Art from the Saskatchewan Indian Federated College, University of Regina. She has worked as a curator, art lecturer, teacher, curatorial assistant, conference co-coordinator, gallery facilitator,and curatorial intern. Her work has taken her to various institutions; The National Gallery of Canada, Ottawa, ON, The Canada Council for the Arts in Ottawa, ON, the Canadian Museum of Civilization in Hull, QC, The Banff Centre for the Arts, in Banff, Ab, the Mackenzie Art Gallery, Regina, SK, the Dunlop Art Gallery, Regina, SK, and the Saskatchewan Indian Federated College in Regina, SK.

Wood is on the Saskatchewan Aboriginal Museum Advisory Board for the Saskatchewan Museum Association and is a published writer.

When asked if she had any advice or words to share, she had this to say:

"Believe in yourself."
http://www.sicc.sk.ca/faces/wwoodmo.htm
roger

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 03:05 pm
@Chumly,
Different Morganwood. Ours used to spend a lot of time mowing.

This is the morganwood I meant:

http://able2know.org/user/morganwood/topics/
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 03:10 pm
sprinkle nails all over his lawn.

better yet, nails made out of dry ice.

by the time the investigation started, the dry ice nails would have sublimated into a gas.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 03:31 pm
He might be trying to drive you out Chum for lowering the tone of the neighbourhood by having an unkempt garden and thus lowering property prices.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 03:37 pm
Spell out "You mow too goddamned much!" with the roundup.

Or do it with gasoline and light it up one dark night....
roger

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 03:45 pm
@DrewDad,
Think such a subtle message would work?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 03:45 pm
@Chumly,
Chumly wrote:

Alas, I have no lawn mower as we have no lawn, unlike Mr. Goofcourse we left our land au naturel (at least more so).

Meanwhile, he's gotten advice online on how to get his neighbors to take better care of their yards, and has taken the "keep your lawn pristine and embarrass the hell out of 'em" approach.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 03:54 pm
Maybe I should just watch Rock II on TV, at least the outcome is predictable.

OTOH I have a plethora of gas-powered noise-making machines including three motorcycles, a gas powered weed wacker, a gas powered chain saw, a gas powered pressure washer, two gas powered generators, and a gas powered RC plane!
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 04:00 pm
Print out this article and anonymously put several copies of it in conspicuous places where he is sure not to miss it.

http://www.electric-lawnmowers.net/electric-lawnmowersmowandmowquietplease.htm
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 04:24 pm
@Chumly,
You live in CANADA right? The joys of summer lawn care are short....let it go.
Chumly

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 04:33 pm
@Butrflynet,
I could give that a shot!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 04:37 pm
@Chumly,
Dare one hope he's not getting ready to trot out the leaf blower?